There are 112 users in the forums

Chicago Bears vs. San Francisco 49ers Rebuilding Plan

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
off day or not, if your supposed to be in the NFC championship race you win games against the s**tty teams and the gimmies.

Right now the Bears aren't beating anyone. Green Bay is 7-2 and headed for the playoffs. Chicago is 3-5 and headed for a high draft pick that will be made by Oakland.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
off day or not, if your supposed to be in the NFC championship race you win games against the s**tty teams and the gimmies.

Right now the Bears aren't beating anyone. Green Bay is 7-2 and headed for the playoffs. Chicago is 3-5 and headed for a high draft pick that will be made by Oakland.

you guys are missing the point, but i'm too drunk too type it up, leme sober up and ill be here
Big reason why the Bears are losing games they would of won last year

Just tank Chicago. Give us Mack for a 2nd next year

Do it.
Nick Mullens better than Trubisky right now. Mentally, Nick ahead of Trubisky and Mayfield compared to Nick in his 2nd year
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 7, 2019 at 3:48 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Nick Mullens better than Trubisky right now. Mentally, Nick ahead of Trubisky and Mayfield compared to Nick in his 2nd year

Honestly, give Mullens a WCO HC there and he'd instantly make them competitive again. Is this a Foster situation where you recognize the mistake and quickly move on or ride it out? You'd hate to waste a defense like this and they do have some talent on offense too. Hmmm.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Honestly, give Mullens a WCO HC there and he'd instantly make them competitive again. Is this a Foster situation where you recognize the mistake and quickly move on or ride it out? You'd hate to waste a defense like this and they do have some talent on offense too. Hmmm.

God, Trubisky was a bit too expensive to just dump him after a bad year. I doubt we would have cut Foster except for his, um, off-field issues. I think they give him another year. Bears are looking pretty bad this year.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by NCommand:

God, Trubisky was a bit too expensive to just dump him after a bad year. I doubt we would have cut Foster except for his, um, off-field issues. I think they give him another year. Bears are looking pretty bad this year.

Exactly...quite a conundrum because at the end of the day, your team goes as the QB goes. He's a perfect mirror of that.
Sounds about right.

"I talked to someone I trust immensely about what's going on with the Bears. He said the coach used all these gimmicks last year and the rest of the league has sniffed it out. And Trubisky doesn't know how to do the basics because of how gimmicky it was last year."-Rich Eisen
As bad as the 1st half for the Bears against the Eagles. It wasn't that bad in the 2nd half.

Trubisky taking a pummeling from the media, but in the 1st half, their offense had penalties, couldn't run the ball for more than 2 yards, can't pass protect, Trub doing checkdowns, and missing a couple of easy throws.

In the 2nd half, Trub was able to move out of the pocket, buying some time, and actually hit a few long completions. Run game got a little better. They managed to score some points to keep up with the Eagles.

It wasn't just Trubisky, it's on Nagy and the offense too. Nagy needs to grow a pair. Own up to his stupid offense, and at least take some heat off his young qb.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 8, 2019 at 1:10 PM ]

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Sounds about right.

"I talked to someone I trust immensely about what's going on with the Bears. He said the coach used all these gimmicks last year and the rest of the league has sniffed it out. And Trubisky doesn't know how to do the basics because of how gimmicky it was last year."-Rich Eisen

Oh wow...that's scary. HC is gone. And what a waste of developmental time too.
I honestly think the team would have been equally good this year with mack instead if bosa.

We would have won more games in years past but we would be in serious cap trouble also.

That's not a knock of bosa it's just mack is very good also. The question is can bosa and ford get more contain on running qbs than we would have got with mack and buck up the middle pressure. That has yet to be determined yet.

Also as a side note robinson would have been a monster for Jimmy g also. Better than sanders probably on track for 1500 yards.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Nov 8, 2019 at 9:17 PM ]
Good read

Man, the day they got Trubisky and we fleeced Pace for Thomas and got Foster on top of that, at worst, everyone thought it was a win-win. Nope...so far, fail-fail. Brutal.
what could have been

1 rnd #3 Patrick Maholmes QB
1 rnd #31 JuJu Smith-Schuster WR
[ Edited by 16to87 on Nov 16, 2019 at 9:11 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone