LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 157 users in the forums

Emmanuel Moseley CB Detroit Lions

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I also like this kid too, I think he makes the squad, but IMO I love Reed in the slot and think he's best there, Williams is signed for I believe 1 more year so I think Reed could take over for him while he backs him up this year, I'm pretty high on DJ Reed, I think he's the most athletic quick DB on the team, still very young and needs to learn more but you learn most in game action so I hope he plays a lot these preseason games..

I agree, I prefer DJ Reed in the slot. Better, tougher player
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by elguapo:
He's not bad at all. Way better than d Johnson and the late great Niner Mabin. I think the last spot is between him and q Rollins

What's funny, I had both making the 53 when they first arrived. Then Hafley had EM disappear and asked Reed to play FS. SMH. Welcome aboard Woods.

I am so glad these coaches are playing these players at their natural positions because Reed was awesome in college on the outside. I think he's pretty good in this lot as well I think he should be our first option after Williams in the slot and our third option on the depth chart at outside corner.

Yes sir. And I liked how EM is developing there too.

I liked D.J. reed in the slot last year he was awesome. Even though he is an outside cb imo he has gotten burned too much outside as opposed to in the slot. Small sample size but what do you think about reed taking over until Williams comes back?
Mose might be our best option to replace at CB in the event Sherm or AW misses time. Verrett doesn't look like he's ready yet and I would rather sneak him in at slot or nickel w/ help before he gets tested on an island. Your thoughts?
Originally posted by 3rd-down-decoy:
Mose might be our best option to replace at CB in the event Sherm or AW misses time. Verrett doesn't look like he's ready yet and I would rather sneak him in at slot or nickel w/ help before he gets tested on an island. Your thoughts?

Moseley is a total question mark at this point. Can't really say if he's our best option til we see him play. And if JV isn't ready teams will find him wherever you put him. Guy's 1st action in 3 years and you leave him on a island alone wasn't smart coaching. JV will have to do better or we will see what Moseley can do if Witherspoon is out.
I can't believe we picked up a future HoF CB as a UDFA
He'll be fine as long as he doesn't look back to the qb, thinks the ball went somewhere else, and loses his man
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
He'll be fine as long as he doesn't look back to the qb, thinks the ball went somewhere else, and loses his man

that's called the verrett special
Crock with an informative thread on Moseley:

He can play.
Originally posted by sacniner:

Good shtuff.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He can play.

Playing better every week.

Big test tomorrow for the whole secondary.
I'm nervous as hell for this guy
Originally posted by sacniner:

Awesome thread by Crocker. Need Moseley to step up tomorrow
so he's legit?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
so he's legit?

We'll know Monday.
Share 49ersWebzone