There are 204 users in the forums

Emmanuel Moseley CB Detroit Lions

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
BigGame EMan to the bench. Lame.

He was late in reacting to a number of runs to his side last game doe. He's played well, but Witherspoon was playing elite. top 10 in the league. When he and Sherm were in there was absolutely no where for opposing teams to throw.

He had 10 tackles and 7 solo and he was late to some run defense? Interesting...hadn't noticed that but thank you for the keen eye. TBF, I was more focused on his coverage and how he'd handle the big stage.

Moseley was still very good, although I think he was lucky a few times getting away with PI that might've been called if it was a different officiating team. Also, I was a bit disappointed that he didn't play with inside leverage on some of the obvious slant situations. But hey, I'm just nitpicking.

God that drove me nuts. Sherman was the only one who played it correctly. It got me wondering Saleh's role here. With their TE, Gordon and Metcalf, of course they are going to throw the slant on 3rd down there. Did Saleh just not see that tendency coming in? Does Saleh get the same amount of time to talk to Fred in the headset to remind the whole defense of this? Fred, can he signal to watch for the quick-slant? So many questions.

Anyone know?
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 14, 2019 at 6:33 AM ]

He was late in reacting to a number of runs to his side last game doe. He's played well, but Witherspoon was playing elite. top 10 in the league. When he and Sherm were in there was absolutely no where for opposing teams to throw.

He had 10 tackles and 7 solo and he was late to some run defense? Interesting...hadn't noticed that but thank you for the keen eye. TBF, I was more focused on his coverage and how he'd handle the big stage.

Moseley was still very good, although I think he was lucky a few times getting away with PI that might've been called if it was a different officiating team. Also, I was a bit disappointed that he didn't play with inside leverage on some of the obvious slant situations. But hey, I'm just nitpicking.

God that drove me nuts. Sherman was the only one who played it correctly. It got me wondering Saleh's role here. With their TE, Gordon and Metcalf, of course they are going to throw the slant on 3rd down there. Did Saleh just not see that tendency coming in? Does Saleh get the same amount of time to talk to Fred in the headset to remind the whole defense of this? Fred, can he signal to watch for the quick-slant? So many questions.

Anyone know?

This is why Witherspoon is getting his job back. Moseley is really good defending the long straight passes like fades, go routes etc where he doesn't have to move laterally quickly. His PFF grade on those routes are very good, like 74 I believe. His coverage grades on in breaking routes like slants and digs isn't as great. I believe it's in the low 40's which has been proven by the film as well.

Don't get me wrong I'm not down on Moseley, I love him and would be content if he had to start the rest of the year, but I still think it's a good move to have Witherspoon get his job back, he's just more talented.
Originally posted by Luckycharms:

Anyone know?

This is why Witherspoon is getting his job back. Moseley is really good defending the long straight passes like fades, go routes etc where he doesn't have to move laterally quickly. His PFF grade on those routes are very good, like 74 I believe. His coverage grades on in breaking routes like slants and digs isn't as great. I believe it's in the low 40's which has been proven by the film as well.

Don't get me wrong I'm not down on Moseley, I love him and would be content if he had to start the rest of the year, but I still think it's a good move to have Witherspoon get his job back, he's just more talented.

I think this week is a great time for Witherspoon to come back. Even with Spoon back out there, Moseley will still get a ton of playing time due to the Cardinals 4-wide spread offense. We have four starting-caliber corners out there this time, so this should be a fun matchup to watch this time with all those guys playing.
So dumb giving wisherspoon the starting spot back. Mosely is the best cb on the roster.
[ Edited by susweel on Nov 14, 2019 at 8:59 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Cut errrybody and only keep this guy
Originally posted by 9moon:
Spoon can get his starting job back but we should slow him back in there.. Let him start working when it's an obvious pass situation until he gets his rythm again.

Little by little (3 week) then insert him back to the starting line up..

eMans been a blessing, what ever happened to Varrett??

He is on injured reserve.
Originally posted by Luckycharms:

Good splits info right there. Thanks for that! Still has some learning to do.
Let's try again.

It was a great run, kid!

It was a great run, kid!

He'll still be on the field. I imagine the packers will run a lot of 4 WR sets to spread the D out, making it easier to run.

Originally posted by adrenaline:
He'll still be on the field. I imagine the packers will run a lot of 4 WR sets to spread the D out, making it easier to run.

Correct.
Originally posted by adrenaline:
It was a great run, kid!

Pack don't run a lot of 4 WR sets like they use too.
Originally posted by susweel:
So dumb giving wisherspoon the starting spot back. Mosely is the best cb on the roster.

Yup. This move reminds me of the baalke days.
GB heavily relies on their RBs, running and screen passes. They have always been awesome at screen passes. I don't like this matchup.

Predict a shootout.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 20, 2019 at 9:19 AM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by susweel:

Yup. This move reminds me of the baalke days.

I mean this would make sense if either Moseley was the best corner or if Spoon wasnt balling out before getting hurt. Moseley been playing great and deserves snaps but he hasn't been an improvement over Spoon, just hasn't been a big dropoff which is the real surprise since one is 3rd round pick and the other is an UDFA nobody had ever heard of before.
Share 49ersWebzone