Watch: Deommodore Lenoir joins the No Huddle Podcast →

There are 153 users in the forums

Emmanuel Moseley CB Detroit Lions

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Originally posted by 9moon:
I'm baffled. This makes zero sense. He's just off and it's obvious to everyone but Saleh. And he was benched last game!

again, IF they start SPOONFED, it's only because they don't wanna hurt his butt-feeling and offend this over rated athlete..

I really hope that's not true; if so, Shannahan should be fired.

Oh good point. Let's fire Shanahan during the playoffs. Great idea.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Does the fact that Spoon was a draft pick (3rd?) and EMan an UDFA have a play in n this ? Maybe Spoons feelings would be hurt if he lost his job to an UDFA rookie ?

I just can't figure out Salehs decision here.

Spoon is going to be on a real short leash. A couple of plays and he gets burned - Moseley will be in there.

Might be just a ruse to get the Vkings to scheme for him and then pull him out after a few run plays and send EM in?
Originally posted by English:
I'm baffled. This makes zero sense. He's just off and it's obvious to everyone but Saleh. And he was benched last game!

again, IF they start SPOONFED, it's only because they don't wanna hurt his butt-feeling and offend this over rated athlete..

Yay bring Tomsula back. I miss his farts
Originally posted by Goatie:

Yay bring Tomsula back. I miss his farts

Lol good times 😅
I keep reading his last name as Mos Eisley.

YOU tell em E!!!

GO put this guy on a TIME OUT buddy !!!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by jcs:
And people wonder why a lot of 49er fans aren't sold on Saleh...

You do realize if Shanny wants Moseley starting, then Moseley is starting.

And FWIW Eric Crocker agrees with Saleh.

Crock is usually spot on with DB and even WR's but he's admitted the last couple games he may have been wrong. We'll have to see. Let's just hope the pressure gets there and we won't need to worry about inconsistent CB play.

What did he say he was wrong about? I saw he said that Witherspoon didn't have a bad game after he watched the film and that was it.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by jcs:
And people wonder why a lot of 49er fans aren't sold on Saleh...

You do realize if Shanny wants Moseley starting, then Moseley is starting.

And FWIW Eric Crocker agrees with Saleh.

Crock is usually spot on with DB and even WR's but he's admitted the last couple games he may have been wrong. We'll have to see. Let's just hope the pressure gets there and we won't need to worry about inconsistent CB play.

What did he say he was wrong about? I saw he said that Witherspoon didn't have a bad game after he watched the film and that was it.

It was after the Falcons game...said (paraphrased), OK, you guys might have something here. LOL.

I'll try to find it. Understandable to stick with his talent but he understands fans are more focused on results.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Does the fact that Spoon was a draft pick (3rd?) and EMan an UDFA have a play in n this ? Maybe Spoons feelings would be hurt if he lost his job to an UDFA rookie ?

I just can't figure out Salehs decision here.

No way. This team is competing for a super bowl. Their going to do what they feel is best for the team. Kyle has shown little restraint in speaking his mind to players directly or in the media. They have shown little restraint in making moves when it was needed.

Obviously these guys are in practice and engorged in film. There is a practical reason their going with Spoon. Fans aren't always supposed to understand everything a team does. Because we simply watch these guys a small fraction of what the coaching staff does both in film and in practice.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jan 9, 2020 at 12:18 PM ]
Short leash on Spoon. I'd say two long completions and he gets yanked for Eman.

It must be this way

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
akhello witherspoon pff 61.0
emmanuel mosely pff 70.0

Fans, lol
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I keep reading his last name as Mos Eisley.

I think you came up with a really good nickname. Tell moon about it he will be jealous! Just kidding moon we love your nicknames too!
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
No way. This team is competing for a super bowl. Their going to do what they feel is best for the team. Kyle has shown little restraint in speaking his mind to players directly or in the media. They have shown little restraint in making moves when it was needed.

Obviously these guys are in practice and engorged in film. There is a practical reason their going with Spoon. Fans aren't always supposed to understand everything a team does. Because we simply watch these guys a small fraction of what the coaching staff does both in film and in practice.

That maybe true however the fact remains that this guy gives up more free touchdowns than Santa Claus! Whether it's scheme or miscommunication the fact of the matter is Mosley does not get caught the same way Witherspoon does.

So whether the coaches know better than us or not, I disagree that they do because results tend to show if you're a good or bad player in the end. Witherspoon has had these problems for three years now he's only had probably seven or so good games out of every game he's played and that is not good.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

That maybe true however the fact remains that this guy gives up more free touchdowns than Santa Claus! Whether it's scheme or miscommunication the fact of the matter is Mosley does not get caught the same way Witherspoon does.

So whether the coaches know better than us or not, I disagree that they do because results tend to show if you're a good or bad player in the end. Witherspoon has had these problems for three years now he's only had probably seven or so good games out of every game he's played and that is not good.

You know how there's some players that don't practice well, but ball out in games? I wonder if Spoon is a practice All Star, but a cupcake during the games, because clearly Salah abd the D coaches see something we're not. I thought you could see Shanny yelling at Saleh last game after the 2nd TD Spoon gave up, then finally EMan went in.
Share 49ersWebzone