LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Emmanuel Moseley CB Detroit Lions

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Meh. We fall in love with our Tarell Browns, and Tramaine Brocks (even loved Ambry for a sec there lol) but they're really just JAGs playing with a good front 7

I completely disagree. Eman was way better than both. By far

He was alright, I don't think he's going to be that good without our front 7

Perhaps, but at worst Eman is a decent NFL CB. Tarell and Brock were hardly back up worthy without a dominate DLine and pass rush. Most of that 2012/13 secondary found themselves out the league or riding another teams bench not long after those seasons
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Mar 14, 2023 at 1:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I doubt they spend big money on a FA corner. More likely they go with Ward, Lenoir, Thomas, and Womack and spend one of their 3rd rd picks on a corner. I think the Niners will be fine at corner given the pass rush they will have.

and when the pass rush doesnt get to the qb?
I'm just saying we've watched JAGs hold down the #2 CB spot with good front 7s. Lenoir and Ambry just recently. Moseley was okay but I think he will go the way of all the others when he isn't behind this front 7. We will be fine
Originally posted by dmax:
I doubt they spend big money on a FA corner. More likely they go with Ward, Lenoir, Thomas, and Womack and spend one of their 3rd rd picks on a corner. I think the Niners will be fine at corner given the pass rush they will have.

You make it sound like they have no one left at corner. In fact, they did make it to the NFC title game with Ward and Lenoir as their QBS and a pass rush that wasnt as good as next years will be. I fully expect them to draft another corner in the 3rd rd as well. People are assuming that Mosely will be as good as he was before the ACL injury. That is a big unknown.
Eman is a Lion. TY for your years. But get this thread outttttttta here. He ain't a Niner no more.
Moseley looked good in the games he played, but we were the #1 D with him largely being absent last year.

Lenoir got better as the season went on. Maybe we're backing him to continue.

Hope we pick up a vet FA for depth though and continue to draft in the position.
Yea tough loss. Not really comfortable yet with Lenoir yet. And no way should Thomas touch the field. Even with a good front 7 your guys still need to cover. The front 7 doesn't always win. I think they will add a veteran and a draft pick. The depth is troublesome right now. Let's see who they add.
Wish they resigned you Eman. You're the one player I wanted to retain the most. Good luck in Detroit.
49ers said they were willing to match any offers, but they couldn't match a one year deal?!?

Curious to know what happened

Where did you hear that at? I never saw it, and does not sound like something the 49ers would say with Paraag in the house.

That said, it does seem like an offer we could have matched. 6 mil for a solid #2 corner is not bad. Even with the injury, Lynch said things had been looking good. Makes me wonder if we plan on spending more than 6 million to bring in a higher rated corner. Thomas has not impressed me at all. Lenoir looked better and better as the season went on. Womack flashed every time he played, but I feel he's much better suited for slot duty only.
Originally posted by dmax:

You make it sound like they have no one left at corner. In fact, they did make it to the NFC title game with Ward and Lenoir as their QBS and a pass rush that wasnt as good as next years will be. I fully expect them to draft another corner in the 3rd rd as well. People are assuming that Mosely will be as good as he was before the ACL injury. That is a big unknown.

This. We made it to NFC championship with the players we're retaining and we lost that game not because of poor secondary plays. It's time for Womack to step up- he's got the tools, he just needs maturity.

Originally posted by RDB4216:
49ers said they were willing to match any offers, but they couldn't match a one year deal?!?

Curious to know what happened

Where did you hear that at? I never saw it, and does not sound like something the 49ers would say with Paraag in the house.

That said, it does seem like an offer we could have matched. 6 mil for a solid #2 corner is not bad. Even with the injury, Lynch said things had been looking good. Makes me wonder if we plan on spending more than 6 million to bring in a higher rated corner. Thomas has not impressed me at all. Lenoir looked better and better as the season went on. Womack flashed every time he played, but I feel he's much better suited for slot duty only.

The piggy bank is empty. Even a year deal for some a stretch now. With Bosa and maybe Brandon to go.
Wishful thinking but maybe they plan on signing CJ Gardner-Johnson which is why they wouldn't even give $6 Million to Eman.
Detroit to somewhere, North Carolina is ~ 1 hr 40 minute flight. Maybe that also helped him choose the Lions 1yr deal.
[ Edited by picklejuice on Mar 14, 2023 at 2:54 PM ]
Pain.

*Sigh* we have questions at nickle and outside CB.

This feels like losing K. Williams to a cheap deal last year.. like at least with that situation, we had Jimmie Ward as a back up back up option..when other s**t didn't work.

Now...we'll see how good these depth players really are. Still don't trust Lenor all the way.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Mar 14, 2023 at 3:51 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea tough loss. Not really comfortable yet with Lenoir yet. And no way should Thomas touch the field. Even with a good front 7 your guys still need to cover. The front 7 doesn't always win. I think they will add a veteran and a draft pick. The depth is troublesome right now. Let's see who they add.

I'm pretty optimistic about Lenior. I like that he started to ascend in the postseason.
Share 49ersWebzone