LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 152 users in the forums

Emmanuel Moseley CB Detroit Lions

Shop 49ers game tickets
He was easily worth 6 million for one year. We always get injured at the cornerback position so this was a must needed sign in my opinion. Oh well, he is often injured but we do need depth at corner, at least another starter.

I wish we got Gillmore, he still graded out as top 10 in pro football focus and he is still a very good corner. I guess 10 million was too much for Gilmore and we lowballed Moseley which could've been a mistake. Demo got better but still, we couldn't spare 5-6 mil on Moseley??? Even with his injury he would still be great for that price
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
49ers said they were willing to match any offers, but they couldn't match a one year deal?!?

Curious to know what happened

Where did you hear that at? I never saw it, and does not sound like something the 49ers would say with Paraag in the house.

That said, it does seem like an offer we could have matched. 6 mil for a solid #2 corner is not bad. Even with the injury, Lynch said things had been looking good. Makes me wonder if we plan on spending more than 6 million to bring in a higher rated corner. Thomas has not impressed me at all. Lenoir looked better and better as the season went on. Womack flashed every time he played, but I feel he's much better suited for slot duty only.

There was an article posted on the Webzone a week of so ago. Can't seem to find it now
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Mar 14, 2023 at 5:56 PM ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
We must be waiting for Mosely's price to come down.

I think we've moved on.

Remember Paraag comes in with a number and the player either takes it or leaves it.

Hence the waiting for the price to come down. If Mosely is back. It'll be at the number Paraag had.

or we have moved on and that offer is no longer on the table, signing Gravedigger and darnold may have changed things on our end.

I figured he was gone.
Originally posted by elguapo:
He was easily worth 6 million for one year. We always get injured at the cornerback position so this was a must needed sign in my opinion. Oh well, he is often injured but we do need depth at corner, at least another starter.

I wish we got Gillmore, he still graded out as top 10 in pro football focus and he is still a very good corner. I guess 10 million was too much for Gilmore and we lowballed Moseley which could've been a mistake. Demo got better but still, we couldn't spare 5-6 mil on Moseley??? Even with his injury he would still be great for that price

Ya...I wanna hear what happened here from our FO.

Did we even talks with him? What did we offer? Did we try and match the Lions?

I guess it's possible Eman just wanted a fresh start though...
I really don't understand the logic

He was a bargain at 6m for 1 year. Were we financially restricted, or just wanted to take a look at different options and upgrade?
I don't think it was about the money as much as he's coming off a torn ACL in the 5th game last season...so he may not be ready to go possibly 'til mid season or close to it. Lenoir made big strides last season and should be a fine compliment to Ward. I think they'll sign a vet CB...and this is a great draft for them. Lots of fast guys who can ball. Womack can handle the slot. He's ready to emerge, IMHO. Still, gotta have quality depth. Have faith in our braintrust & Wilks.
Wondering if Wilks had any input into this. He's gotten great production out of all the secondary units he's coached as either HC or DC. Maybe he saw something he wanted to change or go in a different direction with.

I guess we won't know until we see if we sign anyone else.

Maybe we were just happy with Lenoir's progress and figured that 6mil is better spent elsewhere.
The 49ers expressed interest after the season in keeping him around, but even the modest price tag he found in Detroit (one year, $6 million) apparently wasn't enough.
could anyone tell me what the author is trying to say? it sounds like Detroit could get him either due to little money they offered
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Saying we want him back and losing him for 1/6 is b******t. I'm typically right about the mistakes the FO makes. Moseley homegrown udfa 26 years old. If they don't sign a starting corner this will be a mistake. We've been thin at CB for 5 years. Head scratcher for now at least.
Lol WAYYYY longer than that

Eh...a bit of an overstatement. We were thin in 2021. Id consider 2019 and 2022 up years, but we always lose a guy to FA, or injury, or age.

I hope we add two guys in the draft and keep them both on the active roster.
any know how this guy has been playing? or if hes playing at all?

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

i thin he hasnt played at all yet as he has just started practicing after the acl
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:

i thin he hasnt played at all yet as he has just started practicing after the acl

about to give his season debut today on TNF

about to give his season debut today on TNF

Did he actually play today? Didn't get a chance to watch the game.
no, i dont think he played
no, i dont think he played

Could be the reason the 49ers didn't resign him after his stellar start the last time he played for us.
Share 49ersWebzone