There are 132 users in the forums

Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tankle104:
I just saw this - love or hate Alex as a player, he's a man worth admiration. Class act. Doesn't deserve this non sense.

idk what the outcome was but I hope to god that his daughter pulled through and is able to live a healthy and normal life. :/

If I read it right, she came through it ok. 👍at least the emergency surgery part
[ Edited by Montana on Mar 22, 2023 at 10:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Montana:
I just saw this - love or hate Alex as a player, he's a man worth admiration. Class act. Doesn't deserve this non sense.

idk what the outcome was but I hope to god that his daughter pulled through and is able to live a healthy and normal life. :/

If I read it right, she came through it ok. 👍at least the emergency surgery part

damn man he is unlucky. Rare, malignant, requiring emergency surgery is not a good sign. Hopefully Stanford docs can give her best treatment.

Amen brother!
Those pictures of Alex Smith with the corndogs photoshopped and his alter ego as Phil Jennings made his struggles as a QB more beareable. For whatever reason I found those pics hilarious. Dude was a class act and tough.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Whoa. My younger kid's soccer team is playing versus Alex's kid. I saw him walk by me and was like "wth is that Alex Smith?"
Confirmed with some parents from the other team. He went into his car because it's cold as warm ups are taking place.

Is this in the Bay??

I'm in Los Altos right now. Yeah South Bay. Apparently he lives in Woodside which is nearby here. 2-1 our lead at the half I can't tell which kid is Alex's.

look for the kid constantly dumping the ball off on the shortest passes possible....

I am joking of course......for a dude I never wanted, and didn't like (his style of game) I came to really admire the guys personality and grit. He was a warrior at heart, just in a terrible situation.
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Whoa. My younger kid's soccer team is playing versus Alex's kid. I saw him walk by me and was like "wth is that Alex Smith?"
Confirmed with some parents from the other team. He went into his car because it's cold as warm ups are taking place.

Is this in the Bay??

I'm in Los Altos right now. Yeah South Bay. Apparently he lives in Woodside which is nearby here. 2-1 our lead at the half I can't tell which kid is Alex's.

I thought he lives in SoCal

idk but he was here in Los Altos this morning to watch his kid's game. We won 5-3. His kid was at fullback (defense) the entire time. My wife wanted me to get a pic with him. Nah, it's cool, the memory is in my head. He was friendly with his team's family chopping it up and watching the game with them.

I'm always late to these threads, but had a question for THL:

Didn't you run into Kyle and Mike Shanahan at a soccer game and tell Kyle "Go Niners"?

I know someone on the Zone did run into him at a soccer game, haha.
  • thl408
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Is this in the Bay??

idk but he was here in Los Altos this morning to watch his kid's game. We won 5-3. His kid was at fullback (defense) the entire time. My wife wanted me to get a pic with him. Nah, it's cool, the memory is in my head. He was friendly with his team's family chopping it up and watching the game with them.

Didn't you run into Kyle and Mike Shanahan at a soccer game and tell Kyle "Go Niners"?

I first saw Kyle and Mike standing together at a flag football game. Kyle's son was playing on a different field than my son. Later in the season they played each other (Kyle was not there) and had a funny trash talking exchange. I think they were 5th graders at the time.

A couple years later, my son and Kyle's son were on the same basketball team. I saw Kyle at a couple games and exchanged greetings. I remember during that bball season I really wanted to ask if Deebo was going to get traded, but I was very conscious about respecting his space and not wanting to act like a fanboy. My son has been to Kyle's house for practice since they have a bball court in the backyard so I know where Kyle lives lol.

Follow up on Alex Smith. I was in San Diego the other week for a soccer tournament and saw Alex Smith's kid at the same tourney (I have two, one plays soccer one plays bball). I spotted Alex sitting on a chair with sunglasses on. You wouldn't know it was him. Just another soccer dad with a beard and sunglasses blending in with the other 500+ soccer dads with sunglasses on.
I first saw Kyle and Mike standing together at a flag football game. Kyle's son was playing on a different field than my son. Later in the season they played each other (Kyle was not there) and had a funny trash talking exchange. I think they were 5th graders at the time.

A couple years later, my son and Kyle's son were on the same basketball team. I saw Kyle at a couple games and exchanged greetings. I remember during that bball season I really wanted to ask if Deebo was going to get traded, but I was very conscious about respecting his space and not wanting to act like a fanboy. My son has been to Kyle's house for practice since they have a bball court in the backyard so I know where Kyle lives lol.

Follow up on Alex Smith. I was in San Diego the other week for a soccer tournament and saw Alex Smith's kid at the same tourney (I have two, one plays soccer one plays bball). I spotted Alex sitting on a chair with sunglasses on. You wouldn't know it was him. Just another soccer dad with a beard and sunglasses blending in with the other 500+ soccer dads with sunglasses on.

Man, such cool stories about Shanahan and Alex!!

Does your son care about the Kyle celebrity like we do, or no? Seems like not so much, haha.

Pretty cool stuff about Alex. I bet what's surprising is his height, given most NFL QBs seem small on the field relatively speaking....

Is this in the Bay??

ran into into him and saleh also.. our kids vs theirs. talked with him for a bit and got to take a fam pic with KS

Is this in the Bay??

I bet the corndog gave him away tho

• thl408
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Is this in the Bay??

ran into into him and saleh also.. our kids vs theirs. talked with him for a bit and got to take a fam pic with KS

hmmm I wonder if our paths have crossed and we didn't know it. My kid also played against Saleh's in soccer. I said what's up to him. I remember thinking that what I really wanted to say was, "you guys better draft Bosa and not QWilliams!". It was during that time.
  • thl408

Man, such cool stories about Shanahan and Alex!!

Does your son care about the Kyle celebrity like we do, or no? Seems like not so much, haha.

Pretty cool stuff about Alex. I bet what's surprising is his height, given most NFL QBs seem small on the field relatively speaking....

Kids are naturally more into the players than the coaches, so no, my kid didn't care much that it was Kyle. Especially at the time when they were like 9-10 years old. When Kyle's kid and him were on the same bball team, he realized how cool that is, and to this day still talks about how nice Kyle's backyard is.

In San Diego, Alex was sitting so his height didn't stand out, but I'm positive it was him. For sure it was his son on the soccer field - same team from Los Altos, same #11 jersey.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Is this in the Bay??

hmmm I wonder if our paths have crossed and we didn't know it. My kid also played against Saleh's in soccer. I said what's up to him. I remember thinking that what I really wanted to say was, "you guys better draft Bosa and not QWilliams!". It was during that time.
Probably passed each other. For us it was when we were playing flag football at Del Monte park SJ and around that same time in 2019. Fred Warner has now taken that FFL over and met him also
This guy has been thru a lot.

Alex Smith details 'terrifying' ordeal after 7-year-old daughter's brain tumor diagnosis
Share 49ersWebzone