Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Lol awful QBs don't win a lot of games and have 16 year careers. They don't take a 2-14 team to the playoffs in one season. Is he great? No but he had a very successful career once he got good coaching.

You took the bait lol. Dude just wanted to pick a fight. I'm sure he's well aware of the three Pro Bowls, winning record with every team he ever played for, 67% career completion percentage and an insane playoff stat line of 14 touchdowns to just 2 interceptions in his career.

Awful or even mediocre doesn't accomplish that.

Smith is likely a super bowl champion if Kyle Williams doesn't fumble that ball against the giants..or if the refs didn't rob us on that obvious fumble by Bradshaw. Wasn't meant to be.

Classy guy, and a very good quarterback.
Probowls were not earned, completions that don't go past the line of scrimmage, winning record with every team, get carried through the season then go 1 and done in the playoffs, Williams not fumbling won't suddenly make Alex have courage enough to throw down field... seems like there are two guys baiting from both sides here

See these guys are serious lol.
nothing i said was a lie

Besides the entire post. Literally everything you said is a lie.
lol, well since you can't provide anything except your feels.. i will just take the dub

I'm not a child, by all means pat yourself on the back for blatantly lying. I can find thousands of throws beyond the line scrimmage liar.. Whatever be melodramatic I don't care. I'm not feeding you anymore.
still, nothing i said was a lie
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Lol awful QBs don't win a lot of games and have 16 year careers. They don't take a 2-14 team to the playoffs in one season. Is he great? No but he had a very successful career once he got good coaching.

You took the bait lol. Dude just wanted to pick a fight. I'm sure he's well aware of the three Pro Bowls, winning record with every team he ever played for, 67% career completion percentage and an insane playoff stat line of 14 touchdowns to just 2 interceptions in his career.

Awful or even mediocre doesn't accomplish that.

Smith is likely a super bowl champion if Kyle Williams doesn't fumble that ball against the giants..or if the refs didn't rob us on that obvious fumble by Bradshaw. Wasn't meant to be.

Classy guy, and a very good quarterback.
Probowls were not earned, completions that don't go past the line of scrimmage, winning record with every team, get carried through the season then go 1 and done in the playoffs, Williams not fumbling won't suddenly make Alex have courage enough to throw down field... seems like there are two guys baiting from both sides here

See these guys are serious lol.
nothing i said was a lie

Besides the entire post. Literally everything you said is a lie.
lol, well since you can't provide anything except your feels.. i will just take the dub

I'm not a child, by all means pat yourself on the back for blatantly lying. I can find thousands of throws beyond the line scrimmage liar.. Whatever be melodramatic I don't care. I'm not feeding you anymore.

Alex was definitely a different QB after that shoulder injury, just didn't have the same arm anymore. Early on he could sling it, he had a very nice deep ball chemistry with Antonio Bryant for example.

But he would drive most of us crazy with how conservative he ended up playing.

Alex was a good QB, but just not someone who's gonna really help you win big playoff games.

Kap ended up taking over for him, and then when he couldn't win the big on in KC they moved on after a couple of seasons, and it's not like Alex was some over the hill QB either, they just wanted better...

Great guy, good QB could've been great imo if he never had Nolan + the shoulder injury.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Alex was a good QB, but just not someone who's gonna really help you win big playoff games.

Originally posted by Jcool:

Ya that was a great one. Wish he had more like that and we probably wouldn't have benched him and the Chiefs wouldn't have traded him.

Ya that was a great one. Wish he had more like that and we probably wouldn't have benched him and the Chiefs wouldn't have traded him.

also this from the same game. Great memories, I was so HYPED after that.
Well deserved

Randy Moss and Alex Smith will be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame as members of the 2024 class.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/5184421/2024/01/07/randy-moss-alex-smith-college-football-hall-of-fame/%3famp=1
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Jan 7, 2024 at 4:44 PM ]

the 49ers orginization has to take responsibility and we learned a lot from it we really f**ked up his career no weapons for the longest time we had Kyle Williams starting in a 2 WR set on a must have TD drive against the saints there and all the coaching issues till Harbaugh

The defense turned the Saints high powered offense over five times.

is right.
Originally posted by ritz126:
the 49ers orginization has to take responsibility and we learned a lot from it we really f**ked up his career no weapons for the longest time we had Kyle Williams starting in a 2 WR set on a must have TD drive against the saints there and all the coaching issues till Harbaugh

Alex had weapons in Kansas City and what did that get him? Traded in the middle of a Superbowl window.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

is right.

Biggest hater in the universe lol. Only a matter of time until it's Brock as I've said. You can't even enjoy the good times and have to literally whine and be negative about a great game. Can't even give a guy an ounce if credit. Miserable...

Alex had weapons in Kansas City and what did that get him? Traded in the middle of a Superbowl window.

Bro you are missing the point

you dont think the fact that his first 6 years here where we had no weapons horrible coaches impacted him later in his career? The fact he was able to have a consistantly winning record once he got a good coach is a total indictment on how we mismanaged him. If we gave him the proper support in his first few years his career wouldve been completely different

youre acting like player development is not a thing
Uh oh. As soon as a positive smith post was made, it was obvious we'd end up back here. SS, DD.
Originally posted by ritz126:

Bro you are missing the point

you dont think the fact that his first 6 years here where we had no weapons horrible coaches impacted him later in his career? The fact he was able to have a consistantly winning record once he got a good coach is a total indictment on how we mismanaged him. If we gave him the proper support in his first few years his career wouldve been completely different

youre acting like player development is not a thing
Smith had plenty of time to develop. Actually, he had more time than he should.

either way, he was able to play in the NFL and that's a big accomplishment
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:

is right.

Biggest hater in the universe lol. Only a matter of time until it's Brock as I've said. You can't even enjoy the good times and have to literally whine and be negative about a great game. Can't even give a guy an ounce if credit. Miserable...

It's being a hater to state a undeniable fact? Ok dude.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Well deserved

Randy Moss and Alex Smith will be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame as members of the 2024 class.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/5184421/2024/01/07/randy-moss-alex-smith-college-football-hall-of-fame/%3famp=1

Well deserved. If we got college Alex instead of the version we got, we could very easily be on the quest for 7 right now.
Share 49ersWebzone