• Veteran
Fans: can we get Chandler Jones??

Lynch: we have Chandler Jones at home.

Chandler Jones at home: *Jordan Willis and Kerry Hyder*
Originally posted by 91til:

I am a time traveler and I am coming at you after just watching Arizona demo Tennessee Wk 1 2021.

5 sacks opening day good grief! How did it go after that? Did he and Arizona end up winning the chip? Did Jones set the single season sack mark? Update me plz.

Oh okay you're saying he had middling production the rest of the way and Arizona flamed out ended in disgrace. Okay got it.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Kind of wish we would've just brought back Key instead, but I guess we saw Hyder as comparable for much cheaper.

Key is looking for the biggest deal. I wonder how deep we go however.

Kinlaw, AA, Hurst, Givens, Ridgeway, Bosa, Willis, Ebukam, and Hyder.

Am I missing anyone? Seems there's only room for 1 more player- a speed rusher. Good starters and good depth. Loss of DJ and likely Key will hurt, but D-line should be fine. Its all wide open for us to go in on O-line and DB early and often. Still need Jimmy G to bring another day 2 pick, but they have enough picks to replenish the talent with rookies on low cost deals which is sorely needed now.

omg how can you forget Dee Ford

And Alex Barrett!
Originally posted by 91til:

LOL

Welcome back old friend.
Ih
Originally posted by thl408:
I think I'd rather spend the highest pick on DE, but I understand the draft doesn't always unfold that way in terms of BPA combined with team needs. I'm thinking in terms of positional value and I'd rather have the best DE prospect possible to give the best chance of finding a long term bookend to Bosa.
Interior OL seems like a developmental position. Get a smart, hard worker and coach him up. OT, on the other hand, does require a good athlete so I'm okay spending a day 2 pick there. Safety is becoming more of an important position nowadays but I feel the team can get by with a good pass rush and solid, unspectacular safety play.

Im looking for a vet brain at safety who can read and adjust coverages. Like bethea, whitner. Someone who can play head games with the qb. We are too vanilla too often.
This is smart. They need to draft two pass rushers early but this is a good signing
I LIKE IT, CAN WE GRAB ARDEN KEY BACK TOO?
Hyder with Bosa is a potential double digit sack guy

This was a must sign for me because it basically kept our edge pass rushers at the same level...and we had a good playoff caliber DL last year.

Our biggest question is whether losing Jones can be offset or improved by Kinlaw
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Hyder with Bosa is a potential double digit sack guy

This was a must sign for me because it basically kept our edge pass rushers at the same level...and we had a good playoff caliber DL last year.

Our biggest question is whether losing Jones can be offset or improved by Kinlaw

True. He had 8.5 WITHOUT Bosa Thomas or Ford. He was getting almost all the attention as a pass rusher bc AA wasn't performing well either.

• q0c0p
  • Veteran
Guess who's back, back again, Hyder's back, back again
Solid pickup, run it back!
glad to see him back. good pick up.
With Hyder back it's giving me hope the DL won't miss a step. If Kinlaw can play and stay healthy the whole season it may be even better than last year
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Love this move! Our DL depth is crazy good
Share 49ersWebzone