There are 256 users in the forums

Kerry Hyder, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i get that.. but man... if a great o line guy is there...

A great O-Line guy won't be there lol. You have a much better chance of getting lucky on a talented edge rusher in rd 2 than a talented offensive lineman though we did miss a rare shot to get a pro bowl OL in rd 2 last year with Humphrey from Oklahoma being there but we took Aaron Banks ☹️😖

I think we can get a speed guy in the 2nd. Add O-line on back to back picks or 3rd and 4th. Use the other 3rd on a safety.

i could live with this. Much as i want a sure fire starter OL(ok, an OG or C), agree with Giedi's post that an Edge will be there at #61 (assuming we stay there), and much after that fuggedaboudit for Edges.

I like your back to back picks in rd 3 & 4 on OLs as a sop to getting an OG that could start…if not this yr, then next. And also like the S as the other rd 3 pick. In another thread, somewhat tongue in cheek, i suggested trading 2 7ths and one of our 6ths for another 5th…and then go OL, OL, OL in rd 5. Based on the way we have drafted in rd 5 in times past, that ought to land us TWO starting OLs of the 3 we might pick that way.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Mar 30, 2022 at 3:28 PM ]
  • All22
  • Veteran

A great O-Line guy won't be there lol. You have a much better chance of getting lucky on a talented edge rusher in rd 2 than a talented offensive lineman though we did miss a rare shot to get a pro bowl OL in rd 2 last year with Humphrey from Oklahoma being there but we took Aaron Banks ☹️😖

I think we can get a speed guy in the 2nd. Add O-line on back to back picks or 3rd and 4th. Use the other 3rd on a safety.

Knowing John & Kyle, he's going to trade up to get someone they're targeting. Wouldn't be surprised if our first pick was in the 40's
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

i could live with this. Much as i want a sure fire starter OL(ok, an OG or C), agree with Giedi's post that an Edge will be there at #61 (assuming we stay there), and much after that fuggedaboudit for Edges.

I like your back to back picks in rd 3 & 4 on OLs as a sop to getting an OG that could start…if not this yr, then next. And also like the S as the other rd 3 pick. In another thread, somewhat tongue in cheek, i suggested trading 2 7ths and one of our 6ths for another 5th…and then go OL, OL, OL in rd 5. Based on the way we have drafted in rd 5 in times past, that ought to land us TWO starting OLs of the 3 we might pick that way.

I'm personally hoping for edge guard and safety for our first three picks. Maybe wideout if it's for a speed guy like Calvin Austin or if somehow Christian Watson falls
Originally posted by NYniner85:
nice depth piece...still need starter players and a guy opposite Bosa. IF Bosa goes down for any time, our DEs are Hyder/Willis/Ebukam

IMO this doesn't change drafting a EDGE at 61. Only guy we have signed past this yr is Bosa

Same.
Originally posted by Ghostofabshelmet:

I'm personally hoping for edge guard and safety for our first three picks. Maybe wideout if it's for a speed guy like Calvin Austin or if somehow Christian Watson falls

Don't waste your pick on a S. Like DT's, there is an overabundance of these free agents every off season you can get for cheap. Since we don't prioritize ball hawking, we can cycle through veterans annually next to Ward. Moore might end up being a player. It wouldn't surprise me to see Tartt back too.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 31, 2022 at 11:24 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Kind of wish we would've just brought back Key instead, but I guess we saw Hyder as comparable for much cheaper.

Wait until we get Key back cheap next year. Just rotate him and Kyder.

Great point, that is entirely possible.

As I said on the other thread, we will be a destination for 1 year deal for DL and I'm cool with that. They know they get to work with Kocurek and they will flourish in his system. We pay them cheap and they get paid on their next stop. We'll just bring them back if they bust on their next stop. Its a win for both sides honestly and Kocurek will just find his next project... Ridgeway maybe? Willis, Omenihu, healthy Kinlaw... can always get more thru the draft and another low key FA signing. We'll be alright with this unit. Welcome back Hyder.

Yup, it sure looks like it's going that way. Kerry might get another 8+ sacks this season, leaves us to go to the next seadderall-like team for another 7+ million dollar contract and then come back to us for a cheap 1+ million dollar contract, rinse and repeat.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree, and I'll just add that this team doesn't really have a lot of weaknesses, maybe other than OLine and Defensive back. Considering that, I wouldn't mind a trade up to possibly the first round if there is a blue chipper edge rusher that Kocureck likes, as long as that OLine gets at least a day two draft pick or two day three draft picks, just to get some depth and injury insurance for this upcoming season. Having traded Jimmy for a possibly day two pick before the draft would really help in this situation.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Don't waste your pick on a S. Like DT's, there is an overabundance of these free agents every off season you can get for cheap. Since we don't prioritize ball hawking, we can cycle through veterans annually next to Ward. Moore might end up being a player. It wouldn't surprise me to see Tartt back too.

I'd be fine with Tartt back for 1 more year, but I don't want to pay him a lot, maybe the Four Year Qualifying Contract, he gets a $1.12M base, plus an extra $1.25M, plus a $152,500 signing bonus, but it counts $1,272,500 against the cap, but he makes $2,522,500.
Originally posted by NCommand:

That's a good point. Change that to center than, Mack is getting up there in age and we probably need to get an heir so he can at least get a jump start in the system I'd rather not go through what we went through in 2020 again.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

Agree, and I'll just add that this team doesn't really have a lot of weaknesses, maybe other than OLine and Defensive back. Considering that, I wouldn't mind a trade up to possibly the first round if there is a blue chipper edge rusher that Kocureck likes, as long as that OLine gets at least a day two draft pick or two day three draft picks, just to get some depth and injury insurance for this upcoming season. Having traded Jimmy for a possibly day two pick before the draft would really help in this situation.

With the amount of speedsters in this draft the entire league is about to get faster. Draft speedy corners and WR's this year to not get left behind.

Hyder gonna throw when we play the hawks.

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

So perfect!
Hmmmm
Big-time shoutout to this guy for recovering the fumble at the end of the game. Good awareness in recognizing that it was still a live ball.
Share 49ersWebzone