There are 148 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Heroism:
If dude plays more like this next season, he's going to be a monster. God damn.

He's already better than Buck was against the run at any point in his career. I don't think Kinlaw will ever be the pass rusher Buckner is but I don't think he will have to be when we get another rusher to pair with Bosa on the outside.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
If dude plays more like this next season, he's going to be a monster. God damn.

He's already better than Buck was against the run at any point in his career. I don't think Kinlaw will ever be the pass rusher Buckner is but I don't think he will have to be when we get another rusher to pair with Bosa on the outside.
buck is not really a pass rusher, but i can't wait for him and Bosa next year
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
I thought the same before the season but now I just don´t see the pass-rush skills to call him the next Chris Jones.

I think Kinlaw will be a solid interior d-lineman for years to come but nothing special.

People were saying this same stuff about Quinnen Williams last year and he's a monster in his second season. Chris Jones wasn't even "Chris Jones" until his third season in the league. It takes these interior guys some time to develop, especially when you consider how raw Kinlaw was coming in. He's played well. I expect a noticeable leap next year and an even larger leap in his third season.

The raw physicality, talent and attitude is all there, he's just got to refine it and improve skill-wise.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

i dont care about him getting sacks, that'll be bosa's job and whoever the other edge rusher is. kinlaw just needs to keep disrupting the interior, blowing up runners at the LOS
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i dont care about him getting sacks, that'll be bosa's job and whoever the other edge rusher is. kinlaw just needs to keep disrupting the interior, blowing up runners at the LOS

You don't draft a DL in the top 15 to not get sacks. That's why he was drafted. Javon Kinlaw went #15 overall because he has the tools to turn into an elite pass rusher.

You can find stout run defenders on day 3. He better turn into a good pass rusher or the pick is wasted.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 21, 2020 at 4:10 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Kinlaw will make a pro bowl before Buckner.

You don't draft a DL in the top 15 to not get sacks. That's why he was drafted. Javon Kinlaw went #15 overall because he has the tools to turn into an elite pass rusher.

You can find stout run defenders on day 3. He better turn into a good pass rusher or the pick is wasted.

hes going to get sacks, my point was getting hurries, pressures, TOL are what excite me about his future, dude already has a pick six lol
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by NCommand:
This guy is going to get at least 2 sacks next year. Book it!

Quite ootimistic if you ask me. Those are some lofty goals

I don't give a f**k how many sacks our DT gets as long as he's disruptive

They don't either. They didn't care when Buckner would do nothing for several games in a row. It's just selective reasoning.

You know, I'm willing to bet many that are dogging on Kinlaw now were the same that would dog on Buckner when he'd go games without a sack.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by NCommand:
This guy is going to get at least 2 sacks next year. Book it!

Quite ootimistic if you ask me. Those are some lofty goals

I don't give a f**k how many sacks our DT gets as long as he's disruptive

They don't either. They didn't care when Buckner would do nothing for several games in a row. It's just selective reasoning.

You know, I'm willing to bet many that are dogging on Kinlaw now were the same that would dog on Buckner when he'd go games without a sack.

That is 100% fact. They are also the ones now talking him up and how much they miss him. I won't name names lol
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Chris Jones Jr. is what you can call this kid.. he's gonna be a star, looking more and more we hit on our 1st two 1st rounders..

I thought the same before the season but now I just don´t see the pass-rush skills to call him the next Chris Jones.

I think Kinlaw will be a solid interior d-lineman for years to come but nothing special.

Yeah I mean when the hell have we seen a raw but talented player develop in the NFL right?

If he doesn't have 10+ sacks like Chris Jones had as a rookie he'll never get to his level.

I'm assuming he's saying disruption as in pressure but not necessarily sacks. Fletcher Cox is the king of that.
Can someone please bring up the defensive coordinator's interview when he discussed what the 49ers defensive line has been missing. They need a defensive tackle to get push on the interior offensive line to allow the pass rush to work. Buckner was great at what he did but the defensive coordinator wanted to be more stout against the run. Guys like Bosa make everything look better.

That's gonna be hard since Buckner has already made one.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Buckner was a probowler in 2018.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

Buckner was a probowler in 2018.

Oh yeah! After three dudes dropped out! Came in as a late addition alternate.

Let me amend my comment.

Kinlaw will earn a pro bowl before Buckner.
Share 49ersWebzone