LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 162 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by jcs:
Kinlaw will make a pro bowl before Buckner.

Buckner was a probowler in 2018.

Oh yeah! After three dudes dropped out! Came in as a late addition alternate.

Let me amend my comment.

Kinlaw will earn a pro bowl before Buckner.

He was 2nd team all pro in 2019. No need to try and downplay him to prop up Kinlaw
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Let me amend my comment.

He was 2nd team all pro in 2019. No need to try and downplay him to prop up Kinlaw

Buckner is a good player. It's a good bar to use for Kinlaw. I'm only saying I think Kinlaw will earn a pro bowl nod (straight up, not as an alternate) before Buckner. Both can be good. But I think Kinlaw can be great.

Let me amend my comment.

Buckner is a good player. It's a good bar to use for Kinlaw. I'm only saying I think Kinlaw will earn a pro bowl nod (straight up, not as an alternate) before Buckner. Both can be good. But I think Kinlaw can be great.

WHERE all the BUCKO believers that he's a SUPERSTAR when he was here??

Fight !!! Fighttttt for your SUPERSTARRRR !!!

Let me amend my comment.

Possibly, he has looked very good so far and that's with supposedly coming in unpolished . Should be fun to see him with a healthy DL/ERs next year.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Kin is just getting his feet wet - he's going to be a monster for us.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Kin is just getting his feet wet - he's going to be a monster for us.

Once we get Bosa back...he's going to be a force.
hes been a disappointment...would have much rather kept buckner and cut ford, richberg, and traded AA for a 2nd
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Stop man just stop
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
hes been a disappointment...would have much rather kept buckner and cut ford, richberg, and traded AA for a 2nd

Jimmy I don't mean to sound like a penis, but have you watched every or most Niner games? I say this bc he gets a good amount of pressure, run stops, passes batted down, a few sacks and a pick 6. He is already better at swatting the ball and against the run than Buckner. I believe he is still among the top 2 out of all rookies in pressures and that's at his DT position (not DE)
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:

Jimmy I don't mean to sound like a penis, but have you watched every or most Niner games? I say this bc he gets a good amount of pressure, run stops, passes batted down, a few sacks and a pick 6. He is already better at swatting the ball and against the run than Buckner. I believe he is still among the top 2 out of all rookies in pressures and that's at his DT position (not DE)

Jimmy is just talking out of his ass.

Great opener

Would love to hear where you're getting a 2nd rounder for a free agent AA.

But of course your comment reeks of someone talking without considering any implications like cap space, dead cap, etc...things that are pretty critical to NFL teams.
Originally posted by Heroism:
You don't draft a DL in the top 15 to not get sacks. That's why he was drafted. Javon Kinlaw went #15 overall because he has the tools to turn into an elite pass rusher.

You can find stout run defenders on day 3. He better turn into a good pass rusher or the pick is wasted.

This. If he's REALLY going to affect a passing league, you need to bring the skill set to combat that. Simple as that.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Heroism:
You don't draft a DL in the top 15 to not get sacks. That's why he was drafted. Javon Kinlaw went #15 overall because he has the tools to turn into an elite pass rusher.

You can find stout run defenders on day 3. He better turn into a good pass rusher or the pick is wasted.

This. If he's REALLY going to affect a passing league, you need to bring the skill set to combat that. Simple as that.

That's not why he was drafted - he was drafted to be a disruptor.

Share 49ersWebzone