LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 222 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
I keep hearing how the Niners passed up Mahomes. So did 8 other teams. The 1st QB picked was Trubisky by the Bears. Talk about a team that's needed a top QB forever and it's the Bears. They took the Bisquit. The Bengals picked WR John Ross just ahead of Mahomes. Total bust.

Everyone knew Mahomes had a strong arm but there were some teams that were skeptical about him being able to play in the NFL instead of the wide open Big 12. At the time, Kyle had his sites on Kirk Cousins who he knew he could work with. When that didn't work he traded for JG. Sure the Niners missed out but that's over and done. If I was a bears fan I would feel a lot worse.
never should have drafted kinlaw, they knew in college he had knee issues...big swing and a miss
Originally posted by 9moon:
lol.. all them SOFTIES like Kinlaw and AA are done !!!

dont get me started on that big nothing AA
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I keep hearing how the Niners passed up Mahomes. So did 8 other teams. The 1st QB picked was Trubisky by the Bears. Talk about a team that's needed a top QB forever and it's the Bears. They took the Bisquit. The Bengals picked WR John Ross just ahead of Mahomes. Total bust.

Everyone knew Mahomes had a strong arm but there were some teams that were skeptical about him being able to play in the NFL instead of the wide open Big 12. At the time, Kyle had his sites on Kirk Cousins who he knew he could work with. When that didn't work he traded for JG. Sure the Niners missed out but that's over and done. If I was a bears fan I would feel a lot worse.

Yea hindsight arguments are always dumb. It does suck when you pick a total bust a pick before someone like Mahomes, however. If Soloman's island Thomas was just good (not great or elite) I would have felt better about him. If Armstead or Buckner was the pick in that years draft instead of Solly, I would have felt better about it. But we took him and it is what it is. I don't know why people gripe on the past so much
Originally posted by Niners99:
Why doesn't anyone understand that the decision wasn't based on Kinlaw or Buckner? One of Armstead and Buckner were leaving, so they would've taken Kinlaw to fill in for whoever left. They picked Armstead over Buckner because he was cheaper. People just can't get as outraged about that because Armstead is good.

BUCKNER was the man..knew this was a mistake waiting to happen
Originally posted by dmax:

Please start, curious as to what your issue is with him
Originally posted by Niners99:
Why doesn't anyone understand that the decision wasn't based on Kinlaw or Buckner? One of Armstead and Buckner were leaving, so they would've taken Kinlaw to fill in for whoever left. They picked Armstead over Buckner because he was cheaper. People just can't get as outraged about that because Armstead is good.

BUCKNER was the man..knew this was a mistake waiting to happen

Buckner has always been overrated by 49ers fans. Colts are paying him top 3 money for top 10 production.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Buckner has always been overrated by 49ers fans. Colts are paying him top 3 money for top 10 production.

Thank you @ Jcool... " overrated " in fact is a very kind.. we had fans here who thought Bucko was a SUPERSTAR and only behind to Donald.. some even considered him better than KC's 95..

The guy was good here, and he was better than Armstead no doubt... but NO... never was a SUPERSTAR..
never should have drafted kinlaw, they knew in college he had knee issues...big swing and a miss

we let him go and he'll be w/Ol Peete and become a very good player for years to come.. too but he can't be that here..
Originally posted by illinois9er:

I don't enjoy how much slower he is off the line than our other guys

Originally posted by 9moon:
lol.. all them SOFTIES like Kinlaw and AA are done !!!

Originally posted by RonMexico:

that is false
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

that is false

Is this real life? AA has developed into a really really good player. He's what 6'7? He's not going to have a Von Miller get off.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

that is false

Is this real life? AA has developed into a really really good player. He's what 6'7? He's not going to have a Von Miller get off.

6'7 280 lol

I think there was one snap of him that had the viral rounds where he was not moving and that's what ppl are making a basis on.

one snap
Originally posted by Waterbear:

People just love to complain. AA is an awesome player and one of my favorite 49ers to watch on the team. His goalline stand against the Raiders was the DL play of the year, IMO. Threw Kolton Miller's ass out the club, squared up their FB and then took the RB head on without giving an inch.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 21, 2023 at 10:09 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone