LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 202 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Can we just release Kinlaw?

He's been rarely available since he's been here and has been a hair better than average.

Save the $$ and spend it elsewhere.

I show him having a $4.9m cap charge in 2023 and that is if he is on roster or cut. So yeah we could release but it would be pretty stupid imo. He will be on the cap regardless. May as well have him here if he is gonna hit our cap.

Thanks!!

I say we move our LG to C and turn Kinlaw to a LG.

Then we have an O lineman that can't stay healthy. That's worse than a D lineman since they rotate a lot anyway.
Originally posted by braap49er:
Did we cut this guy yet?

Not happening folks the cap hit is already there. This would be like buying a lotto ticket and throwing it away when there is gonna be a 2nd drawing. No upside to cut. Don't save one cent.

He takes up a roster spot. Don't care if we pay him to be on another team. He needs to be off of this team.
Did we cut this guy yet?

Not happening folks the cap hit is already there. This would be like buying a lotto ticket and throwing it away when there is gonna be a 2nd drawing. No upside to cut. Don't save one cent.

He takes up a roster spot. Don't care if we pay him to be on another team. He needs to be off of this team.

Not happening. Unless there's just a big falling out between him and coaching staff.
Did we cut this guy yet?

Josh Johnson had a roster spot and dressed for a handful of games lol..

He's been rarely available since he's been here and has been a hair better than average.

I show him having a $4.9m cap charge in 2023 and that is if he is on roster or cut. So yeah we could release but it would be pretty stupid imo. He will be on the cap regardless. May as well have him here if he is gonna hit our cap.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Thanks!!

Gonna be a long offseason lol
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Thanks!!

Gonna be a long offseason lol

It normally Is, especially since we don't have a draft pick In the first two rounds to look forward too.
considering that we only have 4 defensive lineman under contract for 2023 currently, the real question is whether Kinlaw, who has base salary of $4,928,220 next year with the same amount in dead cap hit if cut, can contribute as a rotational DT and be worth it at that salary. I don't think he should start, but I'm thinking he'll be useful if he's actually somewhat healthy and has a full off-season program.
Originally posted by BP22:
considering that we only have 4 defensive lineman under contract for 2023 currently, the real question is whether Kinlaw, who has base salary of $4,928,220 next year with the same amount in dead cap hit if cut, can contribute as a rotational DT and be worth it at that salary. I don't think he should start, but I'm thinking he'll be useful if he's actually somewhat healthy and has a full off-season program.

they always draft overachieving DT/DL or sign cast offs that flourish here. if its one position im not worried about in the slightest its the Dline. Kinlaw was ok but hes not worth a huge contract
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by BP22:

they always draft overachieving DT/DL or sign cast offs that flourish here. if its one position im not worried about in the slightest its the Dline. Kinlaw was ok but hes not worth a huge contract

I don't even know how you can say he was ok. He was undoubtedly our worst player on defense last year.

As much as I would love to see him progress he's looking like a dead end. What a horrible trade this ended up being. If this regime hit more often on the first round we would be juggernauts.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
As much as I would love to see him progress he's looking like a dead end. What a horrible trade this ended up being. If this regime hit more often on the first round we would be juggernauts.

Actually if they hit on more we'd probably be more in cap hell then anything. The NFL is structured to where you can only pay a handful of guys top dollar. Niners already hit on a ton of picks and now its time to pay them.
How disheartening the DT is a huge need this offseason
  • thl408
Kris Kocurek was a huge proponent for drafting Kinlaw, most likely falling in love with him as a physical specimen, thinking he can coach Kinlaw up. Too bad having bad knees limited his practice time which stunted his development. At this point, I'd be happy if Kinlaw can bring one thing - push the pocket on passing downs when 1on1.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Thanks!!

Then we have an O lineman that can't stay healthy. That's worse than a D lineman since they rotate a lot anyway.

MAYBE he can stay healthy as an OG... but even if he is healthy, he's proven that he's just not the DL that we hope him to be..
Share 49ersWebzone