LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 181 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thl408:
Kris Kocurek was a huge proponent for drafting Kinlaw, most likely falling in love with him as a physical specimen, thinking he can coach Kinlaw up. Too bad having bad knees limited his practice time which stunted his development. At this point, I'd be happy if Kinlaw can bring one thing - push the pocket on passing downs when 1on1.

That's all I was hoping for as well. After watching him and how he looked after he came back this last season, I've given up on getting anything from him and moving fwd as though he is not on the roster. Appreciate he busted tail to get back on the field though.
Will his knee be a non issue next season? Can we expect to see him improve next season?

What is Kinlaw's Niche'?

Stopping the Run, Pass Rushing, drawing double teams, I mean what is he supposed to be good at that warranted a 1st round selection?
  • thl408
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Will his knee be a non issue next season? Can we expect to see him improve next season?

What is Kinlaw's Niche'?

Stopping the Run, Pass Rushing, drawing double teams, I mean what is he supposed to be good at that warranted a 1st round selection?

His knee will always be an issue until it isn't.
Yes.
Punking Cohn.
Catching squirrels.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
As much as I would love to see him progress he's looking like a dead end. What a horrible trade this ended up being. If this regime hit more often on the first round we would be juggernauts.

Actually if they hit on more we'd probably be more in cap hell then anything. The NFL is structured to where you can only pay a handful of guys top dollar. Niners already hit on a ton of picks and now its time to pay them.

I wouldn't call it cap hell, but I understand what you mean. I would call it damn tough decisions because we keep drafting excellent etc. As fans it still hurts, but I would love to have that issue. Like fans b***hing about Lance or Purdy when I am happy to have two viable QB we are mostly all looking forward to and believe can help the team win etc. Unfortunately this entire saga of Defo to Kinlaw has just been sour.

What is Kinlaw's Niche'?

In college, he was known as a pass rusher but from what I understand he wasn't very well developed. He could just dominate guys physically. He came into the league and was a solid run defender initially, but nothing great.
Originally posted by thl408:
His knee will always be an issue until it isn't.
Yes.
Punking Cohn.
Catching squirrels.

Hahaha
he had two tackles this year.... two
Originally posted by BP22:
he had two tackles this year.... two

Yikes
Dude was a bust from the moment he was draft and a lot of people called it too
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

when have ppl not called 1st round picks that they don't agree with bust as soon as they were picked lol...... even Bosa was called bust by some.....not giving him any credit that he deserves because hes been trash lately lol, but just saying ......

Originally posted by ninersrule4:

And certain people call everyone a bust every yr…even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I'm old enough to remember people in here saying Bosa was gonna be a bust…he's genetically predisposed to being injured, has short arms so he will suck, is just a name blah blah blah.

and I'll disagree he was a bust from day 1. If you put on some of that early rookie tape (before the knee injury in the Dallas game) he was flashing like you want a very young rookie too.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
when have ppl not called 1st round picks that they don't agree with bust as soon as they were picked lol...... even Bosa was called bust by some.....not giving him any credit that he deserves because hes been trash lately lol, but just saying ......

Lol right?

What is Kinlaw's Niche'?

lmao , how do you figure that?? i bet he misses half the games due to knee soreness or some phantom s**t, its honestly a blessing in disguise cause dude is awful on the field too
Who??

What is Kinlaw's Niche'?

He had "potential". That was the niche. I think he lost a lot of weight this year to help his knee, but then he got thrown around like a rag doll.
Share 49ersWebzone