LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 182 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Tank Carradine 2.0
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
Tank Carradine 2.0

Don't disrespect Tank like that
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Tank Carradine 2.0

Tank did more and was a 2nd round pick
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Tank Carradine 2.0

Tank did more and was a 2nd round pick

Tank was a waste because Fangio did not know how to use him.. we drafted a down 4-3 DE in Tank and he just couldn't play the 3-4 END..
Tank Carradine 2.0

Kentwan Balmer 2.0
Originally posted by Predator85:
Tank Carradine 2.0

Kentwan Balmer 2.0

Solomon Thomas 2.0

It's honestly shocking how this team is good good at later round drafting (which is 10000x more difficult) than they are in the first round.

Anybody on this board would have taken someone other than Thomas and Kinlaw.

Thank god they didn't screw up the Bosa pick for Quinnen Williams but, again, outside of a very tiny majority, anybody on this board would have picked Bosa.

The 2017 draft is most infuriating. Sure we didn't know what Mahomes would be, and Watson has gone down in flames...but you wouldn't have had regret over them selecting either of those.

Hell, the slam dunk pick there was Jamal Adams and they passed on him too. That one stunk from the get go.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

Hell, the slam dunk pick there was Jamal Adams and they passed on him too. That one stunk from the get go.

I'm not a fan at all of drafting RBs high, but the slam dunk pick was CMC. Jamal Adams is basically a blitzing SAM LB in a 4-3 under front. He never could cover or play in space.

In many ways, the Javon Kinlaw pick is very similar to the Trey Lance pick. Two guys with elite traits who the 49ers hope can put it together in the NFL. Kinlaw was a miss, but Trey's story is still being written. Given the current makeup of our roster coupled with this regime's ability to identify and develop talent later in the draft, I'm not too upset. I appreciate that they swung for the fences than strikeout looking. Just don't make it a habit.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 28, 2023 at 12:25 PM ]
Kentwan Balmer 2.0

worst was Ballmer as DeSean Jackson was on the board and I was begging for that pick, he was in our backyard at Cal and was clearly a speed demon / impact player at WR and KR/PR

we passed on him twice for Ballmer and Rachel or Rachal whatever it was. It was terrible.
Tank Carradine 2.0

Kentwan Balmer 2.0

Solomon Thomas 2.0

It's honestly shocking how this team is good good at later round drafting (which is 10000x more difficult) than they are in the first round.

Anybody on this board would have taken someone other than Thomas and Kinlaw.

Thank god they didn't screw up the Bosa pick for Quinnen Williams but, again, outside of a very tiny majority, anybody on this board would have picked Bosa.

The 2017 draft is most infuriating. Sure we didn't know what Mahomes would be, and Watson has gone down in flames...but you wouldn't have had regret over them selecting either of those.

Did any of these guys make videos each year promising it was their time? That's what drove me insane about this guy. Yes Chon can be a tool but he was on point with this guy. Kinlaw's reaction and his performance make it even more laughable.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Kentwan Balmer 2.0

worst was Ballmer as DeSean Jackson was on the board and I was begging for that pick, he was in our backyard at Cal and was clearly a speed demon / impact player at WR and KR/PR

we passed on him twice for Ballmer and Rachel or Rachal whatever it was. It was terrible.

Why do GM's overthink things. DeSean Jackson would've been a solid pick from the start like he was. Who the heck DID THE 9ERS HAVE AT WR???

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Kentwan Balmer 2.0

Why do GM's overthink things. DeSean Jackson would've been a solid pick from the start like he was. Who the heck DID THE 9ERS HAVE AT WR???

The disrespect to Dominique Zeigler.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Kentwan Balmer 2.0

The disrespect to Dominique Zeigler.

Holy s**t. In the "name a random 49er" world...Zeigler ranks highly.

Think he had like one big play in the SIngletary years and that was it.
Originally posted by Heroism:

I'm not a fan at all of drafting RBs high, but the slam dunk pick was CMC. Jamal Adams is basically a blitzing SAM LB in a 4-3 under front. He never could cover or play in space.

In many ways, the Javon Kinlaw pick is very similar to the Trey Lance pick. Two guys with elite traits who the 49ers hope can put it together in the NFL. Kinlaw was a miss, but Trey's story is still being written. Given the current makeup of our roster coupled with this regime's ability to identify and develop talent later in the draft, I'm not too upset. I appreciate that they swung for the fences than strikeout looking. Just don't make it a habit.

Agree in hindsight re CMC but at the time, there was a big need at safety and Adams looked to be the part. I wouldn't be upset if they got any of those guys.

And despite that, Adams is a 3 time pro bowler/all pro and a big time playmaker. A bag of Doritos woulda been better than Thomas and nearly everyone knew that.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Really well said, Hero.
Tank Carradine 2.0

Kentwan Balmer 2.0

Mike Mcglinchey of the defense.
Share 49ersWebzone