LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 212 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
on the trade block , YAY get a 6th and im happy

He's not on the trade block. It wouldn't make salary cap sense.
Cough cough, CeeDee, cough, cough, cough Lamb.

Sorry, but I'm never letting this go. Still majorly pissed
Originally posted by Livendiea9er:

This coupled with the Solomon over Mahomes draft gets me every time.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

The Brady draft just burns my ass
[ Edited by illinois9er on Mar 13, 2023 at 7:22 PM ]
Originally posted by illinois9er:

The Brady draft just burns my ass

Purdy draft made up for that? Mr. irrelevant

LOL
  • irief
  • Veteran
Kocurek shoulders a lot of the blame for drafting Kinlaw. Apparently he was lobbying hard for him in the draft. Hopefully he sticks to being an awesome Dline coach, and leaves the scouting to the pros.

Aside from bad knees, Kinlaw always comes across as unhinged and immature. Not sure how that wasn't a red flag.
Originally posted by irief:
Kocurek shoulders a lot of the blame for drafting Kinlaw. Apparently he was lobbying hard for him in the draft. Hopefully he sticks to being an awesome Dline coach, and leaves the scouting to the pros.

Aside from bad knees, Kinlaw always comes across as unhinged and immature. Not sure how that wasn't a red flag.

Bad scouting

Or Jefferson. But Ceedee was obvious on draft day
  • thl408

Bad scouting

They got enamored with his physical profile. Bad knees led to little practice time and that stunted development. If he can provide 8-10 full effort bull rushes per game, that will be a positive contribution from Kinlaw this season - low bar to clear.

Bad scouting

This regime made it 100% clear from the 1st day they took over what their priority was drafting Thomas. They want to have the strongest D line in the league, and they haven't deviated. I don't think they view either draft of Thomas or Kinlaw as a mistake, but are acknowledging that letting Buck go was a mistake, hence the Hargrave signing. I don't think you'd ever see them draft a WR in the first 10 picks. Any and every time we have a high draft pick, look for it to be a D lineman.

Originally posted by thl408:

Bad scouting

They got enamored with his physical profile. Bad knees led to little practice time and that stunted development. If he can provide 8-10 full effort bull rushes per game, that will be a positive contribution from Kinlaw this season - low bar to clear.

I thought Kocurek became obsessed with him after the senior bowl. Below was from an nfl.com article.

Five stars from Day 1 of Senior Bowl practice

Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina. Kinlaw was ruining people during Tuesday's practice. His length and size were just too much for the competition, and he played with a lot of momentum. He projects as a first-round pick. The question is, how early will he be picked in the opening stanza? He measured 6-foot-5 and 315 pounds with an 84-inch wingspan on Tuesday morning, so just walking across the stage at the weigh-in pushed him up the board. This guy has some rare physical traits. If he convinces teams he can rush the passer during the pre-draft process, he can push himself toward the first half of Round 1.

Think of it this way

Other fanbases

"I can't believe we picked ______ over [insert Kittle/Deebo/Warner/Greenlaw] "
Originally posted by KiwiM3:

Think of it this way

Other fanbases

"I can't believe we picked ______ over [insert Kittle/Deebo/Warner/Greenlaw] "

You nailed it KiwiM3.!
If we get Lamb then we don't get Aiyuk. So not really concerned about us missing out on Lamb.

Wasting a pick I don't like, but it is what it is.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
If we get Lamb then we don't get Aiyuk. So not really concerned about us missing out on Lamb.

Wasting a pick I don't like, but it is what it is.

Damnit I thought this thread was bumped cause this scrub got traded
Share 49ersWebzone