LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 230 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw is a Jet!-Pick #14, 2020 NFL Draft.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Definitely a bust but maybe he'll do well coming off the bench and not being expected to start.

Rotational player is all we need.

An expensive rotational player that has limited availability though.

Niners are looking to trade him and I can't blame them. The price will matter though. We aren't giving him away for a 7th round pick though. I think a 4th might just do it...but I'm not sure any team is gonna give up that for a player with bad knees and who's immature.

Really wanted Kin to succeed, loved him at South Carolina and thought he would be a boss in the NFL.

Expensive????

Look at AA and Gravedigger contracts. Kinlaw is a fraction of the cost, he's still on his rookie deal.

I would keep him until his contract runs out for what he costs.

1 more year with as good an opportunity as any to break out.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Definitely a bust but maybe he'll do well coming off the bench and not being expected to start.

Rotational player is all we need.

An expensive rotational player that has limited availability though.

Niners are looking to trade him and I can't blame them. The price will matter though. We aren't giving him away for a 7th round pick though. I think a 4th might just do it...but I'm not sure any team is gonna give up that for a player with bad knees and who's immature.

Really wanted Kin to succeed, loved him at South Carolina and thought he would be a boss in the NFL.

Expensive????

Look at AA and Gravedigger contracts. Kinlaw is a fraction of the cost, he's still on his rookie deal.

I would keep him until his contract runs out for what he costs.

1 more year with as good an opportunity as any to break out.

Yessir!
Best case scenario Kinlaw puts it all on the line and dominates, and now we have three elite DTs, which means constant harassment from the inside to the run game and pass game too.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Best case scenario Kinlaw puts it all on the line and dominates, and now we have three elite DTs, which means constant harassment from the inside to the run game and pass game too.
I've been yearning for this since he was drafted. He always lets me down.
Kinlaw puts it all on the line and dominates

Kinlaw has never had a dominant sequence of plays let alone an entire game. Why would anyone hold out hope that he dominates for an entire season? Even the team has chalked this one up as a loss and moved forward with the Hargrave signing.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 16, 2023 at 3:50 PM ]
Dude just wasting a roster spot. I'd rather them take a flyer on another guy

At this point, I'm just looking for him to stay on the field, be the first DT off the bench, and be stout against the run.
Coming in, he was a raw player that just hasn't gotten to develop properly due to his injuries. I don't think we'll be able to find a trade partner for him, so just ride out the contract for one more year and see what he can do.
Originally posted by lamontb:

he takin up boxing yet ?
Originally posted by Wubbie:

At this point, I'm just looking for him to stay on the field, be the first DT off the bench, and be stout against the run.
Coming in, he was a raw player that just hasn't gotten to develop properly due to his injuries. I don't think we'll be able to find a trade partner for him, so just ride out the contract for one more year and see what he can do.

Sorry, but I have to push back against this. Kinlaw wasnt thought of as a raw player coming into the league. Every single scouting report had him as a player who could come in right away and have success. I saw one report that said he had the potential of being an All Pro in his first 2 or 3 years.

you cut bait with this dude..now. His knees

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Wubbie:

Sorry, but I have to push back against this. Kinlaw wasnt thought of as a raw player coming into the league. Every single scouting report had him as a player who could come in right away and have success. I saw one report that said he had the potential of being an All Pro in his first 2 or 3 years.

Weighing in at 324 lbs and standing 6-5, Kinlaw is a player that can wreak havoc in the backfield and be a game changer for the right time. He's a raw prospect, but his intangibles are something that can intrigue a team.

Yah he was, this is from SI.com
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I've been yearning for this since he was drafted. He always lets me down.

Right. I agree with the "puts it all on the line" part but don't see the "and dominates" part. His knees must be wrecked by looking at how he played late last season. I feel bad for the kid.
Originally posted by 9moon:

he takin up boxing yet ?

If he spent some time doing yoga instead of wasting his time on the stupid boxing he might actually be playable. Don't think I've ever seen a stiffer professional athlete outside of the 40 year olds.
Originally posted by LilLeeroy:
Originally posted by 9moon:

he takin up boxing yet ?

If he spent some time doing yoga instead of wasting his time on the stupid boxing he might actually be playable. Don't think I've ever seen a stiffer professional athlete outside of the 40 year olds.

Vernon Davis was probably the most productive stiff athlete I've seen lol
Originally posted by Heroism:
Kinlaw puts it all on the line and dominates

Kinlaw has never had a dominant sequence of plays let alone an entire game. Why would anyone hold out hope that he dominates for an entire season? Even the team has chalked this one up as an loss and moved forward with the Hargrave signing.

Right?!?!
Share 49ersWebzone