LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 183 users in the forums

🏈 2020 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 🏈

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jcs:
AA's stupid deal is going to prevent that from happening.

Can we just give him away..im not being funny...hes useless
Originally posted by Midbay:
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Mahomes had pressure in his face all night but he extended a lot of plays with his legs.

Garoppolo would have been sacked 15 times in the same situation.

I agree that it would have probable been a tough night for Jimmy, but I don't know that he would have done worse than Mahomes.

On numerous occasions the Bucks rush came upfield quickly then flattened out to squeeze the pocket. Mahomes would look away from downfield thinking the rusher's momentum would carry them upfield and give him a chance to squeeze out. When the rusher flattened out, Mahomes was trapped and had to look downfield again. He was in the pocket the whole time, but had totally lost the receivers and was surrounded by bodies.

This is a good observation, and I think the Buccs put out the blueprint on how to beat QBs like Mahomes and Wilson
Mahomes had pressure in his face all night but he extended a lot of plays with his legs.

Garoppolo HAD pressure in his face constantly last year during the SB. Chris Jones used Garland like a turnstile to get to the QB. Now people got to see how poor pass blocking drastically affects even the future 8 time SB winner Mahomes.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
This is an exact repeat of last year but when your coach and qb is better

you think this came down to the coach and QB?

You think it didn't? You think Tampa's defensive line was better than ours last year? News flash it wasn't.

Kittle is better than old gronk and deebo is better than any of their receivers. yes maybe their 3rd and 4th receiver are better ours but our team was better at every spot except qb and coach.

People realize boss got the best off rating of any defensive player in the sb in the last 15 years. Our line was better than theirs.

Shanny and garapollo just choked it away. Ariana and brady, gronk, and brow are just much more savy than our team.

You didn't even point out the number one or number two reason why the Niners couldn't close out the Chiefs.

Our cornerbacks and safeties gave up 21 points in the last quarter. Unlike the Bucs, our secondary was playing a lot of zone and Mahomes shredded them with surgical passes in the holes of the zone.

Jimmy had given them a 10 point lead, but after the 3rd quarter, Chris Jones basically manhandled Mike Person and lived in the backfield, which is why Jimmy had almost no time to pass. On top of that, the coverage was tighter so he had to hold the ball longer.

Make no mistake, the Bucs had a much better secondary and their pass rush looked about as good against their backup o-line as ours looked against their starters. Our secondary only looked solid in part because of Bosa and the pass rush. The Chiefs exposed them big time. Sherman looked helpless against Hill.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
This is an exact repeat of last year but when your coach and qb is better

you think this came down to the coach and QB?

You think it didn't? You think Tampa's defensive line was better than ours last year? News flash it wasn't.

Kittle is better than old gronk and deebo is better than any of their receivers. yes maybe their 3rd and 4th receiver are better ours but our team was better at every spot except qb and coach.

People realize boss got the best off rating of any defensive player in the sb in the last 15 years. Our line was better than theirs.

Shanny and garapollo just choked it away. Ariana and brady, gronk, and brow are just much more savy than our team.

You didn't even point out the number one or number two reason why the Niners couldn't close out the Chiefs.

Our cornerbacks and safeties gave up 21 points in the last quarter. Unlike the Bucs, our secondary was playing a lot of zone and Mahomes shredded them with surgical passes in the holes of the zone.

Jimmy had given them a 10 point lead, but after the 3rd quarter, Chris Jones basically manhandled Mike Person and lived in the backfield, which is why Jimmy had almost no time to pass. On top of that, the coverage was tighter so he had to hold the ball longer.

Make no mistake, the Bucs had a much better secondary and their pass rush looked about as good against their backup o-line as ours looked against their starters. Our secondary only looked solid in part because of Bosa and the pass rush. The Chiefs exposed them big time. Sherman looked helpless against Hill.

+1 and it didn't help that our HC/OC forgot about his run game to kill the clock late in that Superbowl for surprisingly the second time in his career as a coordinator.
It's gonna feel good to watch espn and not hear mahomes being the best qb of all time.
[ Edited by Rocket4989 on Feb 7, 2021 at 8:49 PM ]

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Ah sucks doesn't it, Chris? Kinda nice to see chiefs fans lamenting the officiating, welcome to our world after SB54. Feels great, baby.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

I agree that it would have probable been a tough night for Jimmy, but I don't know that he would have done worse than Mahomes.

On numerous occasions the Bucks rush came upfield quickly then flattened out to squeeze the pocket. Mahomes would look away from downfield thinking the rusher's momentum would carry them upfield and give him a chance to squeeze out. When the rusher flattened out, Mahomes was trapped and had to look downfield again. He was in the pocket the whole time, but had totally lost the receivers and was surrounded by bodies.

This is a good observation, and I think the Buccs put out the blueprint on how to beat QBs like Mahomes and Wilson

Garoppolo HAD pressure in his face constantly last year during the SB. Chris Jones used Garland like a turnstile to get to the QB. Now people got to see how poor pass blocking drastically affects even the future 8 time SB winner Mahomes.

I'm really going to trigger some folks here, but I genuinely think that Garopollo would have outplayed Mahomes today... if he had lived though the whole thing.

Mahomes gives up on the play pretty quickly when there is pressure, instead relying on talent to win. The Bucks had talent and scheme. Jimmy would have played within the system and probably been more successful as a result.

Maybe not enough to win, but competitive.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
for all the people that said the 9ers need a mobile QB!!!

Steve Young said it.....are you saying he's wrong?

Obviously Tom Brady showed him he was wrong!! Brady did not rush for one yard....ONE f**kIN YARD!!!

Obviously Tom Brady showed him he was wrong!! Brady did not rush for one yard....ONE f**kIN YARD!!!

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I really, really hope Kyle and Lynch are watching this game and thinking "man... hindsight is 20/20, but we could've had Tom Brady this season..."

And then they become motivated to be aggressive at upgrading at the QB position. We all love Jimmy G but we know we can do better (talent wise and health wise. Especially health wise).

Lmao
thafa what you got from watching this game??
ok then

We won a lot more superbowls with Montana than Young
Mostert seems to be having a great night tonight
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

I'm really going to trigger some folks here, but I genuinely think that Garopollo would have outplayed Mahomes today... if he had lived though the whole thing.

Mahomes gives up on the play pretty quickly when there is pressure, instead relying on talent to win. The Bucks had talent and scheme. Jimmy would have played within the system and probably been more successful as a result.

Maybe not enough to win, but competitive.

Our defense gave up 21 points in the 4 th quarter. There was some serious match up execution and bad play calls for us. The way Bowls had Tyreke covered worked. Sure Kielce went over 100 today, but Tyreke couldn't connect on the big play like he did against us.
Share 49ersWebzone