There are 145 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

This guy has been flying up draft boards this year. Good size (6'3"/210). Strong, accurate arm. Moves around really well and throws well on the move. Plays significant snaps under center and is very effective in both the straight play action game and boots (huge for a QB in Kyle's system). Beautiful mechanics but isn't mechanical, he can deliver the ball from many different arm angles as needed for a given throw. He's also effective throwing the ball to all different levels: deep, intermediate, short, and in the screen game. This is the type of QB I could see Lynch & Shanahan falling in love with for Kyle's offense. Andre Ware was gushing over him with the throws he was making and Tom Luginbill was comparing him to Patrick Mahomes with his ability to move around, play off script, and deliver the ball in so many different ways. Weaknesses seem to be that he can be overly aggressive in his decision making both running the ball and pushing the ball downfield when it would be more prudent to check the ball down. And he's struggled with injuries up until this season.

[ Edited by dj43 on Apr 25, 2024 at 1:30 PM ]
You beat me and NY to the punch making a thread for this kid, discussed in the QB thread. From what I seen so far, I freaking really like him.
Now this kid I'm going to keep my eyes on.

Probably a little more logical for where we'll be picking.
Originally posted by genus49:
Now this kid I'm going to keep my eyes on.

Probably a little more logical for where we'll be picking.

I think you of all people will like him, I described him in the other thread as essentially a Jimmy Garoppolo with more mobility lol
Playing Friday vs Houston. One of the tougher games for him in the schedule so I'll be tuned in
This is most likely the kind of QB we would draft. Not sure where he's expected to go. But id be down.
I'd expect him to have a lights out game vs a bad Houston team... especially on Friday night
We have had success with a QB from BYU before. Will history repeat itself? I wouldn't mind some competition for Jimmy, even if we keep him next year. Competition either brings out the best or one will crush the other. A win win
Originally posted by FranchisePoster:
We have had success with a QB from BYU before. Will history repeat itself? I wouldn't mind some competition for Jimmy, even if we keep him next year. Competition either brings out the best or one will crush the other. A win win

I agree. Kyle's offense isn't easy to learn. Best case IMO is to draft a kid who can sit and learn.

Yes our team(OL questions aside) is good enough to have a guy come in and not feel completely alone but why rush it?

He kinda reminds me of Jay Cutler
Originally posted by Waterbear:

In what way? Size, arm, looks? He hasn't played against very good competition so far this year.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

In what way? Size, arm, looks? He hasn't played against very good competition so far this year.

Yeah size, not sure about arm strength as cutler had a rocket (they both throw from different angles), footwork, mobility.
A great prospect for the Niners is right. Seems to have the size and athleticism that the Niners need. Only question would be the arm strength, even though his highlights show he can put some zip on the ball to the sidelines. Someone to definitely watch for the rest of the season.
Can throw outside the numbers.
Can throw deep.
Can throw on the run.
Can avoid rushers.

Share 49ersWebzone