LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 168 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Wilson and BYU look fantastic. I was hoping they would play a top 15 team in a Bowl. UCF has a horrific defense. They may get to 70 before the end of the 3rd Quarter.
AFTER tonight's game, tho is NOT over yet...

the Jets will still be happy that they landed Wilson...
Originally posted by genus49:
I understand these trades happen. I just don't know if Kyle/Lynch make this trade.

Did they learn their lesson from 2017? Granted then the plan was Cousins but they didn't want to take the QB plunge early.

They know if they make a big trade up for a QB and he turns into a bust all their good will is gone and they're likely out of a job. The team will still need a bunch of young talent to replace the free agents coming up. Do we dare give up the ammo needed to make the jump?

I hope it works out for us. I'd love Wilson in this offense but just have a hard time seeing them give up what's needed to make the jump.

They've shown they will do what they need to do when they covet a player...this team isn't afraid of trading.
Hands are too small trade for Alex smith instead
ok he has had shoulder injuries and theyre (draft network) saying his throwing technique/angle puts a lot of stress on his shoulder. hmm
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I understand these trades happen. I just don't know if Kyle/Lynch make this trade.

Did they learn their lesson from 2017? Granted then the plan was Cousins but they didn't want to take the QB plunge early.

They know if they make a big trade up for a QB and he turns into a bust all their good will is gone and they're likely out of a job. The team will still need a bunch of young talent to replace the free agents coming up. Do we dare give up the ammo needed to make the jump?

I hope it works out for us. I'd love Wilson in this offense but just have a hard time seeing them give up what's needed to make the jump.

They've shown they will do what they need to do when they covet a player...this team isn't afraid of trading.

There is trading up for a guy and then there's trading up for a top 5 QB. We've seen how much those types of trades take in terms of draft capital and how much is at stake for the guys making that call.

I'd be perfectly fine with it. IF they make the move it shows Kyle is in love with a QB. To me that would be a super exciting thing. But I'll be honest I'd love for us to land a guy he loves with our own pick and use the other picks to build around him...but I do think we have to get a guy Kyle truly believes in and CJ Beathard is not that type of guy if anyone is stupid enough to bring him into this.

My only worry with Wilson is his injury history and his size so if we make the move for him I sure hope Kyle puts more emphasis on the interior OL. Gotta protect the franchise.

Guess we'll see where we pick in 2 weeks and see who's even declaring for the draft and where the draft prep takes everyone.
Originally posted by 49erminion:
ok he has had shoulder injuries and theyre (draft network) saying his throwing technique/angle puts a lot of stress on his shoulder. hmm

Ehh they also said bears hit a home run trading up a spot to get their franchise QB in Trubiski
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Reminder:

For moving up from #8 to #2 the Eagles gave up:

- An immediate 1st, 3rd and 4th
- A future 1st
- A future 2nd

...for Carson Wentz
Originally posted by steiber:
That TD throw was better than any we've seen from a 49er QB in 4 years

Guess you missed the game in AZ last year. Or the throw to Pettis in the end zone against the Vikings week 1 2018. Two quick examples off the top of my head.
What? I mean no one is already right but I feel like Albright is pretty good at his job....compared to a lot of guys not named schefter/Rapoport.
Dude is a fool.

Originally posted by okdkid:
Reminder:

- A future 1st
- A future 2nd

...for Carson Wentz

Wentz is irrelevant.

The important is that to get Wilson we are gonna have to give a ton........and I´d be happy about it

There is trading up for a guy and then there's trading up for a top 5 QB. We've seen how much those types of trades take in terms of draft capital and how much is at stake for the guys making that call.

I'd be perfectly fine with it. IF they make the move it shows Kyle is in love with a QB. To me that would be a super exciting thing. But I'll be honest I'd love for us to land a guy he loves with our own pick and use the other picks to build around him...but I do think we have to get a guy Kyle truly believes in and CJ Beathard is not that type of guy if anyone is stupid enough to bring him into this.

My only worry with Wilson is his injury history and his size so if we make the move for him I sure hope Kyle puts more emphasis on the interior OL. Gotta protect the franchise.

Guess we'll see where we pick in 2 weeks and see who's even declaring for the draft and where the draft prep takes everyone.

I'm hoping by some miracle we end up in the top 10 and don't have to give up as much. I'm hoping that Carolina tips their hand somehow in terms of which direction they will go in. I personally think Bridgewater is good enough where they can trade back and build a team around him (undefeated last year with New Orleans and has been good at every stop), Get a pass rusher opposite of Burns, a healthy McCaffrey back next year, and this team could make some nose.

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Yeah...we're not getting this kid lol

Move up! Make it happen. Drafting say 8th move up to 3rd.

This. Entirely possible. People like to think that this type of trade doesn't happen in drafts.

But this team has already moved up for players- I think every single year. They moved up for Beathard, they moved up for Pettis, they moved up for Aiyuk, and I think the moved up for Deebo as well. If we want a player, we go get him. There should be no fear of this team not making a move.

Reminder:

- A future 1st
- A future 2nd

...for Carson Wentz

For all of the knocks against Wentz, he hasn't truly had a "bad" season until this year. Hell, in 2017, he looked like the MVP of the league. As awful as the Eagles have been this year, he still has a winning record overall as a QB and carried a totally beat up Philly team to the playoffs last year. Think our team this year, except the injuries to the backs all happen to the receivers. Let's not act like Wentz is suddenly JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf. They already had extended him for a reason.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Looking forward to hearing from NYNiner, Waterbear, and 808 when some other team drafts Wilson and the 49ers don't trade up. [And they decide Trey Lance is a risk not worth their careers]:

Reminder:

- A future 1st
- A future 2nd

...for Carson Wentz

I bet none of this WILSON believers will give up all those picks for the chance to land the guy... they still think that they can get FOOL. team of just giving a 2nd and 3rd for the 5th overall pick..
Originally posted by 9moon:
Reminder:

- A future 1st
- A future 2nd

...for Carson Wentz

I bet none of this WILSON believers will give up all those picks for the chance to land the guy... they still think that they can get FOOL. team of just giving a 2nd and 3rd for the 5th overall pick..

I'm pretty sure everyone is aware what it takes to make those moves. The issue imo isn't whether fans are willing to do it, it's whether the front office is.

This team has a lot of free agents and may not have a lot of cap space. Dunno how likely they are to move picks. Though if Saleh is hired getting 2 extra 3rd rounders would be huge.

Depends where we pick but assuming we lose out and pick around 9th. I think a fair deal would be

#9, 2nd and 4th round this year
1st and 3rd next year
2nd in 2023

Ideally Justin Fields gets his draft stock back up in the playoffs cuz Wilson being QB2 isn't ideal for us.
Share 49ersWebzone