There are 175 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Originally posted by FL9er:
Looking forward to hearing from NYNiner, Waterbear, and 808 when some other team drafts Wilson and the 49ers don't trade up. [And they decide Trey Lance is a risk not worth their careers]:

I'm good with any of the top 5 QBs. I think all of them have more upside than Jimmy did coming out. So I'll only be mad if we don't draft one.

One thing to remember is that there are more QBs worthy of being top 15 pick (in my opinion), the asking price for a trade goes down significantly.

In the year Wentz was drafted it was only him and Goff. Christian Hackenburg was the next QB. The Eagles had to outbid all the teams who needed a QB that year.

We're not going to have to give nearly the amount of draft capital they gave up.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Looking forward to hearing from NYNiner, Waterbear, and 808 when some other team drafts Wilson and the 49ers don't trade up. [And they decide Trey Lance is a risk not worth their careers]:

I'm good with any of the top 5 QBs. I think all of them have more upside than Jimmy did coming out. So I'll only be mad if we don't draft one.

One thing to remember is that there are more QBs worthy of being top 15 pick (in my opinion), the asking price for a trade goes down significantly.

In the year Wentz was drafted it was only him and Goff. Christian Hackenburg was the next QB. The Eagles had to outbid all the teams who needed a QB that year.

We're not going to have to give nearly the amount of draft capital they gave up.

Solid point. This year the draft is also a bit more of a crapshoot cuz of covid - lack of games, guys sitting out or missing games.

It will be interesting to see if that increases trade compensation or lowers it. I would think the later.
Originally posted by genus49:
Solid point. This year the draft is also a bit more of a crapshoot cuz of covid - lack of games, guys sitting out or missing games.

It will be interesting to see if that increases trade compensation or lowers it. I would think the later.

I'm more worried that it might end up looking like 2011 when all is said and done.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I'm more worried that it might end up looking like 2011 when all is said and done.

Christian Ponder is still bae

As long as we walk away with our version of non alcoholic Aldon at DE and a QB like Kap who develops as a passer better than he did I'd be cool with it.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Reminder:

For moving up from #8 to #2 the Eagles gave up:

- An immediate 1st, 3rd and 4th
- A future 1st
- A future 2nd

...for Carson Wentz

I bet none of this WILSON believers will give up all those picks for the chance to land the guy... they still think that they can get FOOL. team of just giving a 2nd and 3rd for the 5th overall pick..

I'm pretty sure everyone is aware what it takes to make those moves. The issue imo isn't whether fans are willing to do it, it's whether the front office is.

This team has a lot of free agents and may not have a lot of cap space. Dunno how likely they are to move picks. Though if Saleh is hired getting 2 extra 3rd rounders would be huge.

Depends where we pick but assuming we lose out and pick around 9th. I think a fair deal would be

#9, 2nd and 4th round this year
1st and 3rd next year
2nd in 2023

Ideally Justin Fields gets his draft stock back up in the playoffs cuz Wilson being QB2 isn't ideal for us.

This is where the FQB comes into play. The team won't be as loaded as it was in 2019. A franchise QB however would still be able to get it done. I'm hoping it's not that expensive however. Just hoping.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Reminder:

- A future 1st
- A future 2nd

...for Carson Wentz

Wentz is irrelevant.

The important is that to get Wilson we are gonna have to give a ton........and I´d be happy about it

As would I. F the cost, a trade like that for a QB like Wilson and I'd smile every day knowing we finally got a FQB.

2011 was some serious fools gold. At the end of the 2012 season, it was looking like it would become an all time great draft class. Aldon Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Chris Culliver, Hunter, Kilgore, Miller, Colin Jones, and Mike Person.
So just an FYI to everyone:

UCF's defense is abysmal even by CFB standards and apparently they were missing several starters on top of that.

So don't let yourself get too high off of this one game. I like him but we shouldn't go crazy and trade the farm for him just for his performance tonight; it should be because he's a good fit for Kyle's offense.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Reminder:

- A future 1st
- A future 2nd

...for Carson Wentz

Wentz is irrelevant.

The important is that to get Wilson we are gonna have to give a ton........and I´d be happy about it

As would I. F the cost, a trade like that for a QB like Wilson and I'd smile every day knowing we finally got a FQB.

I have no idea how Wilson will turn out. But that is exactly what the Eagles thought too.

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

UCF's defense is abysmal even by CFB standards and apparently they were missing several starters on top of that.

So don't let yourself get too high off of this one game. I like him but we shouldn't go crazy and trade the farm for him just for his performance tonight; it should be because he's a good fit for Kyle's offense.

Lots of people liked him before this game and want the trade. Nothing has changed

Even against a pathetic offense it's just the throws he makes by extending plays, taking shots, the accuracy and arm strength. Plays he makes that none of our current qbs make
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Even against a pathetic offense it's just the throws he makes by extending plays, taking shots, the accuracy and arm strength. Plays he makes that none of our current qbs make

It's pretty easy when you don't face allot of pressure. He layed an egg against the only real pressure he saw this season and that should hold more weight in the evaluation.

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

It's pretty easy when you don't face allot of pressure. He layed an egg against the only real pressure he saw this season and that should hold more weight in the evaluation.

19 of 30 for 240 yards and 55 yards rushing against a top 12 team in the nation isn't really "laying an egg" IMO. I'll have to watch the highlights on that one though.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Dec 22, 2020 at 8:46 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone