There are 145 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
So just an FYI to everyone:

UCF's defense is abysmal even by CFB standards and apparently they were missing several starters on top of that.

So don't let yourself get too high off of this one game. I like him but we shouldn't go crazy and trade the farm for him just for his performance tonight; it should be because he's a good fit for Kyle's offense.

Even against a pathetic offense it's just the throws he makes by extending plays, taking shots, the accuracy and arm strength. Plays he makes that none of our current qbs make

It's pretty easy when you don't face allot of pressure. He layed an egg against the only real pressure he saw this season and that should hold more weight in the evaluation.
Ok and what qb doesn't have a hard time when his oline is having a hard time? Plus let's not act like he's surrounded with 4-5 star talent like the power schools have. We've seen Brady, Mahomes, Brees, Rodgers, Manning and I can go on who struggle when they're running for their lives and rushing throws
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
2011 was some serious fools gold. At the end of the 2012 season, it was looking like it would become an all time great draft class. Aldon Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Chris Culliver, Hunter, Kilgore, Miller, Colin Jones, and Mike Person.

I meant the QB class specifically. You had Cam Newton at the top and then you went to Jake Locker, Christian Ponder and Blaine Gabbert. Lawrence is the only one that really feels like a sure thing to me.
Originally posted by jcs:

UCF's defense is abysmal even by CFB standards and apparently they were missing several starters on top of that.

So don't let yourself get too high off of this one game. I like him but we shouldn't go crazy and trade the farm for him just for his performance tonight; it should be because he's a good fit for Kyle's offense.

Even against a pathetic offense it's just the throws he makes by extending plays, taking shots, the accuracy and arm strength. Plays he makes that none of our current qbs make

It's pretty easy when you don't face allot of pressure. He layed an egg against the only real pressure he saw this season and that should hold more weight in the evaluation.

19 of 30 for 240 yards and 55 yards rushing against a top 12 team in the nation isn't really "laying an egg" IMO. I'll have to watch the highlights on that one though.

Just watched the highlights. Honestly not as horrible of a game as I thought it would be. He got them one yard away from winning it, too. And the one INT was just a halftime Hail Mary.

The one TD he had was definitely all his receiver though lol
Originally posted by FL9er:
Looking forward to hearing from NYNiner, Waterbear, and 808 when some other team drafts Wilson and the 49ers don't trade up. [And they decide Trey Lance is a risk not worth their careers]:

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Gonna be pissed off at Shanahan if Wilson is within reach and they take a CB, DT, Punter, O-line and whatever else position there is in football!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Gonna be pissed off at Shanahan if Wilson is within reach and they take a CB, DT, Punter, O-line and whatever else position there is in football!!

i'll be pissed if Shanny doesn't draft a QB then cries about it all next season while spreading rumors that he wanted such QB to begin with !!

Shanahan/Lynch are gonna do what they do. What that is I dont know but Im pretty confident its not gonna be what anyone thinks they should.

So get yer anger up.
Originally posted by 9moon:

i'll be pissed if Shanny doesn't draft a QB then cries about it all next season while spreading rumors that he wanted such QB to begin with !!

This. It's a bed of his own making, and he'll have to lie in it if that's the case.
If in this off-season Shanahan doesn´t get a franchise QB he´ll get fired in 2 years from now.

Wilson or Stafford or whoever the hell Shanny thinks is a real franchise QB but he needs to get his QB now no matter what.

None of the 49er QBs are facing a UCF defense. I think he has potential to be great, but some of you are so delusional you think he could start this Sunday and be successful
[ Edited by pdfortune on Dec 22, 2020 at 10:03 PM ]

Yeah, I don't care what his stats are. I just watch him and I don't know if I see NFL franchise qb. Not saying no, just don't know.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
If in this off-season Shanahan doesn´t get a franchise QB he´ll get fired in 2 years from now.

Wilson or Stafford or whoever the hell Shanny thinks is a real franchise QB but he needs to get his QB now no matter what.

I agree, pick one of these guys so we can get the ball rolling and get them familiar with the guys as soon as possible so we can keep our Super Bowl window open that much longer.

even though the train was rolling well before this game.

That said, I'm not sure why all of the drool over this game. If anything they should be hoping to land BYU's OC. As like 90% (atleast) were first read throws.

And the one "NFL THROW" he made he stared his WR down and missed both short and inside. In the NFL it's at best a PBU

But that drop TD by TE was a nice throw
[ Edited by krizay on Dec 23, 2020 at 4:15 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone