There are 168 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Originally posted by genus49:
There is trading up for a guy and then there's trading up for a top 5 QB. We've seen how much those types of trades take in terms of draft capital and how much is at stake for the guys making that call.

I'd be perfectly fine with it. IF they make the move it shows Kyle is in love with a QB. To me that would be a super exciting thing. But I'll be honest I'd love for us to land a guy he loves with our own pick and use the other picks to build around him...but I do think we have to get a guy Kyle truly believes in and CJ Beathard is not that type of guy if anyone is stupid enough to bring him into this.

My only worry with Wilson is his injury history and his size so if we make the move for him I sure hope Kyle puts more emphasis on the interior OL. Gotta protect the franchise.

Guess we'll see where we pick in 2 weeks and see who's even declaring for the draft and where the draft prep takes everyone.

Similar size to Watson, who had much worse injury issues coming out of college. Same size as Carr who's been pretty healthy through out his career.

I don't care about size so much in today's league. I'm sure some evaluators will poo poo on it and push him down a little, which is fine with me.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Looking forward to hearing from NYNiner, Waterbear, and 808 when some other team drafts Wilson and the 49ers don't trade up. [And they decide Trey Lance is a risk not worth their careers]:

Just bring in some upgrades at QB. I'm not married to any of the top 4-5 QBs. Staying stagnate at the position would be "risking" their careers more imo.

It is pretty evident that Wilson fits kyle and his scheme really freaking well.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 23, 2020 at 7:01 AM ]
Originally posted by jcs:
It's pretty easy when you don't face allot of pressure. He layed an egg against the only real pressure he saw this season and that should hold more weight in the evaluation.

Lol I hope the top couple teams think like you
Originally posted by NYniner85:
There is trading up for a guy and then there's trading up for a top 5 QB. We've seen how much those types of trades take in terms of draft capital and how much is at stake for the guys making that call.

I'd be perfectly fine with it. IF they make the move it shows Kyle is in love with a QB. To me that would be a super exciting thing. But I'll be honest I'd love for us to land a guy he loves with our own pick and use the other picks to build around him...but I do think we have to get a guy Kyle truly believes in and CJ Beathard is not that type of guy if anyone is stupid enough to bring him into this.

My only worry with Wilson is his injury history and his size so if we make the move for him I sure hope Kyle puts more emphasis on the interior OL. Gotta protect the franchise.

Guess we'll see where we pick in 2 weeks and see who's even declaring for the draft and where the draft prep takes everyone.

Similar size to Watson, who had much worse injury issues coming out of college. Same size as Carr who's been pretty healthy through out his career.

I don't care about size so much in today's league. I'm sure some evaluators will poo poo on it and push him down a little, which is fine with me.

Until I see our OL stop getting QBs hit on the regular, I'll worry about size of the QB lol.

Hopefully if we're able to land Wilson those worries go away. I do expect him to put on some size and if he's smart he'll do that for the combine for sure.

But I agree...anything that pushes down his draft stock to us is a OK to me.
A lock to the Jets since they are picking 2nd.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Am I the only one who isn't thrilled with that bit of trivia?

I mean young guys gonna do what they're gonna do and that's certainly a baller move in HS but my old man senses are tingling and seeing something like that I worry about if he'd be a party guy.

That's typically why I try to find all I can about a prospect off the field. There's just so much off the field that dictates whether one guy will be a good player or a bust.

For anyone who watched Draft Day...there's a reason tiny things are nitpicked on prospects at times. Especially at QB you want a guy who has tunnel vision and is all about the game for the most part. It means they'll work to improve on their weaknesses and strengthen their strengths.
Originally posted by Ark49er:

Jets aren't a lock to pick at #2(though unlikely Jags win again) but there is a sizeable gap from Lawrence to QB2.

Lawrence is the type of QB prospect that if you have the pick and you don't have an ELITE QB who can play another 10+ years for your team you're taking him.

Wilson or anyone else in this class aren't on the same level so the Jets may just stick with Darnold and hope improving the talent around him and a different coach can help him. That or they can simply trade down for a boatload of picks and draft QB3-5 and then have a mountain of picks to beef up the s**t roster.
Until I see our OL stop getting QBs hit on the regular, I'll worry about size of the QB lol.

Hopefully if we're able to land Wilson those worries go away. I do expect him to put on some size and if he's smart he'll do that for the combine for sure.

That's fair....and I think getting a rookie QB on a dirt cheap contract will allow SF to spend money on that OL
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 23, 2020 at 5:36 AM ]
Originally posted by Ark49er:

I don't think they move on from darnold unless they get lawrence

That's fair....and I think getting a rookie QB on a dirt cheap contract will allow SF to spend money on their IR

Fixed

Originally posted by JoseCortez:

That's fair....and I think getting a rookie QB on a dirt cheap contract will allow SF to spend money on their OL

Fixed

Fixed...
Jets aren't a lock to pick at #2(though unlikely Jags win again) but there is a sizeable gap from Lawrence to QB2.

Lawrence is the type of QB prospect that if you have the pick and you don't have an ELITE QB who can play another 10+ years for your team you're taking him.

Wilson or anyone else in this class aren't on the same level so the Jets may just stick with Darnold and hope improving the talent around him and a different coach can help him. That or they can simply trade down for a boatload of picks and draft QB3-5 and then have a mountain of picks to beef up the s**t roster.

Jets could take Sewell or trade back a little and pick up a few extra picks. When a team is that bad sometimes getting all the extra picks can be the best move. Darnold has talent but lacks much in the way of support. He needs a lot more experience and maybe a different OC. He was pretty raw coming out of USC.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Dec 23, 2020 at 7:32 AM ]

I mean young guys gonna do what they're gonna do and that's certainly a baller move in HS but my old man senses are tingling and seeing something like that I worry about if he'd be a party guy.

That's typically why I try to find all I can about a prospect off the field. There's just so much off the field that dictates whether one guy will be a good player or a bust.

For anyone who watched Draft Day...there's a reason tiny things are nitpicked on prospects at times. Especially at QB you want a guy who has tunnel vision and is all about the game for the most part. It means they'll work to improve on their weaknesses and strengthen their strengths.

Trying to bang 2 college cheer leaders is a pretty common urge in teenage boys .

Trying to bang 2 college cheer leaders is a pretty common urge in teenage boys .

Well, BYU wanted Z this much right ?? so they sent two cheeleaders to convince him..

you all think he'll ask for either 8 or 16 if he wants SF to draft him?

Yeah which is why I said the above but people are throwing that out like that makes him badass and confidence and swag has its uses for QBs but I just want to confirm he's more focused on football than getting his dick wet and partying with cheerleaders.
Share 49ersWebzone