LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 150 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I will say, given his upbringing...... nyc is going to be a culture shock for him lol

Most places outside of Utah will be a culture shock. Green Bay and Arizona might be the two NFL destinations that require the least amount of adjustment from him.
So apparently he wasn't voted a team captain. I think that's that's bigger deal than people think. It's honestly weird how people wanna bring up fields "work ethic" yet the media is quiet on Wilson and jones. Hmmmm.....
Dang, looking at instagram...Zach Wilson is only following two teams.......49ers and Falcons, not the Jets. Zach Wilson is also following a bunch of 49ers players, including Kittle and Fred Warner. The only Jets player that Wilson is following is Quinen Williams. Im still thinking Wilson goes to Jets but damn, this is really screwing with my head. Wonder if Wilson had his agent tell jets that he would pull an Eli Manning and showed his distain to play for the Jets. I mean why wouldnt Wilson follow the Jets if it was so set in stone?

I mean if i were Wilson, I would want to go to the 49ers of course. He can start winning SBs year 1! Even if Wilson is great off the bat, Jets wont be contenders til 2023 and thats if they make all the right moves and the coaching staff proves to be competent at the least.
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Apr 22, 2021 at 11:46 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Got to wonder if that shoulder is going to hold up as the years pass.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
So apparently he wasn't voted a team captain. I think that's that's bigger deal than people think. It's honestly weird how people wanna bring up fields "work ethic" yet the media is quiet on Wilson and jones. Hmmmm.....

But did his teammates go to his birthday party?
Originally posted by jcs:

Lol I still haven't seen draft day yet. Is that movie worth watching??

Also something that is very interesting is that he's f**king following river cracraft. That's such a random one. Does anyone know if they worked out together or something or are somehow related? It could be nothing but its interesting that he is following the 49ers and falcons specifically..
[ Edited by gold49digger on Apr 22, 2021 at 3:22 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Also something that is very interesting is that he's f**king f**king river cracraft. That's such a random one. Does anyone know if they worked out together or something or are somehow related? It could be nothing but its interesting that he is following the 49ers and falcons specifically..

I enjoyed it as a football FO style movie.

Also something that is very interesting is that he's f**king f**king river cracraft. That's such a random one. Does anyone know if they worked out together or something or are somehow related? It could be nothing but its interesting that he is following the 49ers and falcons specifically..

Its very interesting. Doesn't make sense at all. I mean Zach Wilson, Trevor Lawrence, and one of the other 3 QBs already know what team they are going to. If Zach Wilson already knew that Jets are going to take him, why wouldnt he be following Corey Davis, Keelan Cole, or Crowder or even the Jets organization. Why would he be following the 49ers and their players. I think he may have signaled to the Jets that he doesnt want to go there and knows he will either go to the 49ers or Falcons (which he would prefer), most likely the 49ers.

Farfetched idea but not impossible. This whole thing is giving me a little bit of hope
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Apr 22, 2021 at 1:51 PM ]

I'm assuming you meant following.

He's been training down in San Diego...maybe they ran into each other down there?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I'm assuming you meant following.

He's been training down in San Diego...maybe they ran into each other down there?

whoops

I didn't know about Wilson not being elected a team captain that's pretty significant.
Originally posted by 49ERnation:

I didn't know about Wilson not being elected a team captain that's pretty significant.

It's not, they have loads of criteria around seniority and whether or not you've done your Mormon mission.

Zach didn't qualify at the start of the year, but earned it pretty soon after.
I watched the Kurt Warner YouTube videos. I want Zach Wilson. You can go to the Super Bowl with that.

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Dang, looking at instagram...Zach Wilson is only following two teams.......49ers and Falcons, not the Jets. Zach Wilson is also following a bunch of 49ers players, including Kittle and Fred Warner. The only Jets player that Wilson is following is Quinen Williams. Im still thinking Wilson goes to Jets but damn, this is really screwing with my head. Wonder if Wilson had his agent tell jets that he would pull an Eli Manning and showed his distain to play for the Jets. I mean why wouldnt Wilson follow the Jets if it was so set in stone?

I mean if i were Wilson, I would want to go to the 49ers of course. He can start winning SBs year 1! Even if Wilson is great off the bat, Jets wont be contenders til 2023 and thats if they make all the right moves and the coaching staff proves to be competent at the least.

It would have to be Wilson's parents pulling the Eli move. I still haven't ruled this out.

[ Edited by mitpdub on Apr 23, 2021 at 4:14 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I watched the Kurt Warner YouTube videos. I want Zach Wilson. You can go to the Super Bowl with that.

Well we went to the super bowl with Jimmy G
Share 49ersWebzone