LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 152 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Originally posted by NYniner85:

HAHAH.... he really does seem like hes in over his head TBH, I dont wish any bad on the kid but he seems like an annoying punk and will fold under the pressure of the NFL. His interview after the draft really left a bad taste in my mouth
  • 91til
  • Veteran

so funny
He seems pretty talented but I don't know if he can take the hits that are coming behind that Jets line and get through an entire season. He would've done well on the Niners but on one of those genuinely bad teams is going to probably put him on IR.

That s**t made me Crack up he would last 2 seconds in Oakland and Richmond
Originally posted by Psinex:
He seems pretty talented but I don't know if he can take the hits that are coming behind that Jets line and get through an entire season. He would've done well on the Niners but on one of those genuinely bad teams is going to probably put him on IR.

Why does this storyline continue to persist? The Jets drafted Mekhi Becton in the first round last year and he was outstanding as a rookie left tackle. Looked like a future All-Pro. They just drafted Alijah Vera-Tucker in the first round yesterday. The left side of that line is going to be an absolute wall.

My guess is that they're probably not done upgrading the OL either. Joe Douglas has made it clear that he wants to be strong up front on both sides of the ball and that is what they've been building towards. With that in mind, I think Wilson is going to be fine.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Why does this storyline continue to persist? The Jets drafted Mekhi Becton in the first round last year and he was outstanding as a rookie left tackle. Looked like a future All-Pro. They just drafted Alijah Vera-Tucker in the first round yesterday. The left side of that line is going to be an absolute wall.

My guess is that they're probably not done upgrading the OL either. Joe Douglas has made it clear that he wants to be strong up front on both sides of the ball and that is what they've been building towards. With that in mind, I think Wilson is going to be fine.

I am not all that familiar with the Jets offensive line apart from Becton, but was basing my sentiment on Darnold's problems behind the line. Mostly, I'm concerned about Zach's injury history in college with his labrum and wrists. This is a draft article from the Athletic:

Zach Wilson, BYU — Wilson is the quarterback I am most concerned about in this year's draft. In 2019 he underwent surgery on his throwing shoulder to repair a torn labrum. The injury happened in high school. It didn't bother him when throwing, but landing on that side was painful. Of course Wilson had a great 2020 season, but this seemed to be a pretty significant labral tear that may have included additional damage to the shoulder. After medical checks, the Jets don't seem to have any concerns about Wilson's shoulder, but I do. He also had surgery on his thumb during the 2019 season, although I don't see this being a problem going forward.
I am not all that familiar with the Jets offensive line apart from Becton, but was basing my sentiment on Darnold's problems behind the line. Mostly, I'm concerned about Zach's injury history in college with his labrum and wrists. This is a draft article from the Athletic:

Zach Wilson, BYU — Wilson is the quarterback I am most concerned about in this year's draft. In 2019 he underwent surgery on his throwing shoulder to repair a torn labrum. The injury happened in high school. It didn't bother him when throwing, but landing on that side was painful. Of course Wilson had a great 2020 season, but this seemed to be a pretty significant labral tear that may have included additional damage to the shoulder. After medical checks, the Jets don't seem to have any concerns about Wilson's shoulder, but I do. He also had surgery on his thumb during the 2019 season, although I don't see this being a problem going forward.

That's one of the risks you take when you go for talent. Wilson may have injury issues, he may not but I don't think their OL is going to be the problem it was in previous years. Joe Douglas took over a couple years ago and three of his first four first round picks have been DT, OT, OG. He's clearly building that beast inside.
Something tells me the same people who are now bagging on Wilson would be in love with the guy had he fell to SF.

Now imagine if the Jets go with Humphrey or Jenkins with their next pick coming up here shortly?

Now imagine if the Jets go with Humphrey or Jenkins with their next pick coming up here shortly?

That would be awesome but I'm guessing they will draft Elijah Moore. Following Kyles style draft
  • DC9er
  • Veteran
This video reminds me how much I love Saleh. Between him and Zach I'll probably become a closet Jets fan.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

That would be awesome but I'm guessing they will draft Elijah Moore. Following Kyles style draft

You called it man.

Now reports coming out saying he had hardly been touched, and had plenty of time to find targets. "His uniform was always clean"
With how Kyle talked about Lance and having that 11 on 11 edge, I wonder if he valued Lance over Wilson?
Share 49ersWebzone