There are 151 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Psinex:
He seems pretty talented but I don't know if he can take the hits that are coming behind that Jets line and get through an entire season. He would've done well on the Niners but on one of those genuinely bad teams is going to probably put him on IR.

Why does this storyline continue to persist? The Jets drafted Mekhi Becton in the first round last year and he was outstanding as a rookie left tackle. Looked like a future All-Pro. They just drafted Alijah Vera-Tucker in the first round yesterday. The left side of that line is going to be an absolute wall.

My guess is that they're probably not done upgrading the OL either. Joe Douglas has made it clear that he wants to be strong up front on both sides of the ball and that is what they've been building towards. With that in mind, I think Wilson is going to be fine.

I am not all that familiar with the Jets offensive line apart from Becton, but was basing my sentiment on Darnold's problems behind the line. Mostly, I'm concerned about Zach's injury history in college with his labrum and wrists. This is a draft article from the Athletic:

Zach Wilson, BYU — Wilson is the quarterback I am most concerned about in this year's draft. In 2019 he underwent surgery on his throwing shoulder to repair a torn labrum. The injury happened in high school. It didn't bother him when throwing, but landing on that side was painful. Of course Wilson had a great 2020 season, but this seemed to be a pretty significant labral tear that may have included additional damage to the shoulder. After medical checks, the Jets don't seem to have any concerns about Wilson's shoulder, but I do. He also had surgery on his thumb during the 2019 season, although I don't see this being a problem going forward.

Now reports coming out saying he had hardly been touched, and had plenty of time to find targets. "His uniform was always clean"

Oh he had one of the top OL's in the country period. Christensen went in the 3rd round and Hoge signed as a UDFA with the Jets.
BYUs O Line was report on many times. Was one of the best in the country. PFF had them rated #2 at season's end. Even his OC said Wilson had enough time to eat a sandwich back there.

A little on the Jets O line versus BYU:

"Wilson was sacked a total of 11 times last season. There were six games when he was not sacked at all. Wilson was sacked once every 33 times he dropped back, according to the NFL Network. By contrast, Sam Darnold was sacked once every 12 times he dropped back last season.

The Jets invested in the offensive line with the selection of guard Alijah Vera-Tucker in the first round last week and they used their first-round pick on tackle Mekhi Becton last season, but the line is still a work in progress. Wilson will face more pressure if he plays as a rookie than he did at BYU.

Jets quarterbacks have been on the run for the last decade. In his three seasons with the team, Darnold was sacked 30, 33 and 35 times. The last time a Jets quarterback was not sacked at least 30 times was 2016."
OVER/UNDER Zach Wilson stats for the 2021 NFL season (BetOnline):

OVER 3,750 passing yards -120
UNDER 3,750 passing yards -120

OVER 22 TD passes -120
UNDER 22 TD passes -120

OVER 14 INTs -130
UNDER 14 INTs -110
Honestly this dude's mom is not that attractive, not sure what all the hype was about.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Honestly this dude's mom is not that attractive, not sure what all the hype was about.

She seems like an average suburban white women to me. She's not bad looking but nothing compared to Currys mom or doncics mom

Seriously. She looks decent...for her age. People were talking about "man I thought that's his girlfriend." Bunch of thirsty, desperate dudes out there.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Seriously. She looks decent...for her age. People were talking about "man I thought that is girlfriend." Bunch of thirsty, desperate dudes out there.

No doubt. When I heard some radio host had mentioned it and caught some heat for it, I was like damn she must be smoking but nah she's just a run of the mill basic pumpkin spice latte suburban mom slinging essential oils and makeup on IG.
[ Edited by Youngone on May 11, 2021 at 1:31 PM ]
I was watching a couple of clips of Zach Wilson at Jets rookie camp. Whew, that dude can sling it. I can't wait to see him play on Sundays.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I was watching a couple of clips of Zach Wilson at Jets rookie camp. Whew, that dude can sling it. I can't wait to see him play on Sundays.

But but but he wasn´t drafted by the Niners which means he sucks according to everyone here.

JohnnyManziel 2.0.

Zach Wilson's mom is so hot
Zach's mom... a Twitter thread :

Saleh gonna need her to be all brakes no gas.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:

Karen needs to chill out.
Originally posted by rathman4481:
Zach Wilson's mom is so hot

She looks like every upper middle class late 40 something who can afford plastic surgery and a personal trainer. There's at least one like her in every Starbucks in Scottsdale.
Originally posted by evil:

Oh.... jeez... I think cause of her alone I am so glad we didn't draft Wilson.
Share 49ersWebzone