Yes, very good.
he good
Yea so far he's looked the best to me. Like his pocket presence
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Impressive
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I don't care about Zach Wilson anymore f**k this guy!!!
Jets fans should be very happy about Zach Wilson. The dude looks like the real deal. How about the casual full-field read on his very first throw? I love the way he throws the ball. The kid is smooth, and the Shanny offense is a perfect fit for him.

[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 21, 2021 at 5:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Jets fans should be very happy about Zach Wilson. The dude looks like the real deal. How about the casual full-field read on his very first throw? I love the way he throws the ball. The kid is smooth, and the Shanny offense is a perfect fit for him.

Agree, he was my #2 QB after Lawrence. Was hoping Jets would pass on him.
Should've been a Niner

Jets will find a way to ruin him
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Should've been a Niner

Jets will find a way to ruin him

I hope not. He was my first choice, even ahead of Lawrence. His ability to throw well from so many platforms and arm angles makes him special. Plus he reads the field so well and moves in the pocket well, something many felt he would struggle with.

Saleh seems to have brought a new presence to that team. His calm demeanor on the sideline and obvious rapport with his players has been evident. The Jets certainly are not a playoff team yet but they will look much better than the sorry bunch of the past.
I learned a long time ago to take nothing from the pre season results. It's even worse now that there are only 3 games. Coaches are more paranoid than ever about playing the regulars so we see nothing but guys that will be backups at best. Some of these players that get a lot of playing time won't even make the final cut. Watching a rookie QB completing passes against backups isn't proof of anything. Once teams start game planning and putting the studs out there it looks a lot different. How can we say one way or another how good a team is going to be. Even once the season starts, we need to see a few games to know which teams are really looking good.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I learned a long time ago to take nothing from the pre season results. It's even worse now that there are only 3 games. Coaches are more paranoid than ever about playing the regulars so we see nothing but guys that will be backups at best. Some of these players that get a lot of playing time won't even make the final cut. Watching a rookie QB completing passes against backups isn't proof of anything. Once teams start game planning and putting the studs out there it looks a lot different. How can we say one way or another how good a team is going to be. Even once the season starts, we need to see a few games to know which teams are really looking good.

I fully agree about preseason results. Still, there are things you can see about certain players that show they will either make it or not. That is why they play preseason games. In Wilson's case, his smoothness and overall ability look just like everyone hoped for.
Originally posted by dj43:
I fully agree about preseason results. Still, there are things you can see about certain players that show they will either make it or not. That is why they play preseason games. In Wilson's case, his smoothness and overall ability look just like everyone hoped for.

That's true except will he look as smooth when the real bullets are flying. Pretty much every QB can make the throws when the receivers aren't being covered as well and the pass rush isn't forcing them to hurry their throws.
Originally posted by dj43:

lets not forget DeShone Kizer led the NFL in pre-season QB ratings and looked pretty great in his rookie pre-season....
Originally posted by frenchmov:
lets not forget DeShone Kizer led the NFL in pre-season QB ratings and looked pretty great in his rookie pre-season....

Kizer did not lead in QB rating in the 2017 preseason. He barley completed 50% of his passes that preseason.
Share 49ersWebzone