LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 133 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Lance was pretty close to being 8/10 or 8/11 had they not dropped so many balls then we'd be saying dang he looks like the best.

take nothing from preseason. I've seen cutler, freeman crap ton more look like absolute ballers. I dunno man I'm still thinking Lawrence and lance will come out best but There's a decent chance all these guys play well. Very good qb class. One can hope
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
Lance was pretty close to being 8/10 or 8/11 had they not dropped so many balls then we'd be saying dang he looks like the best.

take nothing from preseason. I've seen cutler, freeman crap ton more look like absolute ballers. I dunno man I'm still thinking Lawrence and lance will come out best but There's a decent chance all these guys play well. Very good qb class. One can hope

And it was true.

The Colts, of course, selected Peyton Manning No. 1 in the 1998 NFL Draft ahead of Ryan Leaf. Leaf did, in fact, out-perform Manning in that preseason game, but not anywhere near on the level of the Chargers' 33-3 victory on Aug. 23, 1998.

Leaf completed 15-of-24 passes for 172 yards with one interception and a rushing touchdown. Manning was 11-of-21 with 2 interceptions and 123 yards.
Stud
My favorite QB in the draft. Really wish the 49ers had found a way to get to #2 instead with that boatload of picks
Originally posted by dhp318:
My favorite QB in the draft. Really wish the 49ers had found a way to get to #2 instead with that boatload of picks

Not a chance that the Jets were ever trading out of that pick.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Should've made them an offer they wouldn't refuse
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Aug 22, 2021 at 8:28 PM ]
His accuracy is amazing. He's the real deal.

of course not. But that's the level of talent that you mortgage your future for.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He made a number of very good throws. For me, the most impressive were short releases on outs RBs or crossing routes where he kept the receiver going in the same direction without changing speeds to catch the ball. He has a very good feel for velocity and location.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He made a number of very good throws. For me, the most impressive were short releases on outs RBs or crossing routes where he kept the receiver going in the same direction without changing speeds to catch the ball. He has a very good feel for velocity and location.

He has good ball placement. I think he will succeed. He looks like baby Aaron Rodgers. Great accuracy.

The good news about having early fantasy drafts is you can get steals like this very late in the draft. I have him on 3 of my teams and got him twice in the very late rounds. Just before people start drafting kickers and defense. And the other one I was able to pick him up on the waiver wire. I think people just expect him to not be good because he plays for the Jets. Which is still possible I guess. I mean it's only pre-season. But still if I can get him in the 15+ Rounds I will take it. The one positive with Trey's early struggles is I have a dynasty draft coming up and I might be able to get him in the late rounds, Though I doubt it.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
The good news about having early fantasy drafts is you can get steals like this very late in the draft. I have him on 3 of my teams and got him twice in the very late rounds. Just before people start drafting kickers and defense. And the other one I was able to pick him up on the waiver wire. I think people just expect him to not be good because he plays for the Jets. Which is still possible I guess. I mean it's only pre-season. But still if I can get him in the 15+ Rounds I will take it. The one positive with Trey's early struggles is I have a dynasty draft coming up and I might be able to get him in the late rounds, Though I doubt it.

Why I love to draft early. Drafting early tends to favor the more experienced or the more die hard of fantasy owners IMO

of course not. But that's the level of talent that you mortgage your future for.

The Jets were not trading. I am pretty sure they had made that clear. We had already given up a package. Short of throwing in Bosa, Aiyuk, Kittle and Warner as well as the rest of the draft picks we hadn't already traded, the Jets weren't likely to budge. Frankly I don't think Wilson is worth mortgaging the future for. Time will tell out of the draft who is great, near-misses and busts.
Best QB so far in preseason.

He was my number 1 Trey was number 2 . I'm happy. Wilson has a horrible cast around him
Share 49ersWebzone