LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Originally posted by Heroism:

Nooooooooooooooo
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
That doesn't mean they are gonna pass this QB class on draft. Just like Packers did this offseason, those teams can take a QB to groom and then they can move their old QBs if someone offer a good bargain then put new guy when is ready for being starter. 49ers need and MUST trade up to grab a better QB even if it means give up 2 or even 3 first round picks in exchange.

Originally posted by Butter:
True, but that didn't stop Green Bay last year.

You think the Packers were gonna spend a top 10 pick on a QB? I don't. 30th overall pick is a little different imo.
I can't remember any team playing Boise St on the road and winning 51-17...I was cautiously optimistic on Wilson because their schedule's not exactly top tier. But, to go into Boise St and beat them like that is pretty impressive. This kid surely seems to be a riser...will definitely keep an eye on him. I'd be interested to hear what Steve Young thinks about him.
Originally posted by Rathof44:

God no.

Mac Jones has 3 NFL first rounders and 2 second rounders to work with on that offense. 2WRS/1RB and 2OL. Jones over Wilson would be Leaf over Manning/Smith over Rodgers level fail.

This. Drafting Jones would be an epic fail. That'd basically like be Shanahan saying, look at me I'll turn this cat into a star with my system instead of drafting the legit baller.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Nooooooooooooooo

It seems so horrible not to come true
He has some Patrick Mahomes like traits, can make any throw anywhere anytime. Not saying he's going to be the next Mahomes, he could be though. But with teams looking for the next Mahomes like type of QB that's currently trending in the NFL, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes top 10.
Zach Wilson is my brothers name haha
Originally posted by tankle104:
Zach Wilson is my brothers name haha

we can draft him in 7th round then
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Originally posted by NYniner85:
That doesn't mean they are gonna pass this QB class on draft. Just like Packers did this offseason, those teams can take a QB to groom and then they can move their old QBs if someone offer a good bargain then put new guy when is ready for being starter. 49ers need and MUST trade up to grab a better QB even if it means give up 2 or even 3 first round picks in exchange.

Originally posted by Butter:
True, but that didn't stop Green Bay last year.

You think the Packers were gonna spend a top 10 pick on a QB? I don't. 30th overall pick is a little different imo.

Ravens trade up to take Lamar Jackson when they still have Joe Flacco (he was playing bad but had a huge contract and many think he was "safe").

Ravens trade up to take Lamar Jackson when they still have Joe Flacco (he was playing bad but had a huge contract and many think he was "safe").

Flacco had little gtd cash left...they also didn't burn a top 10 on a QB
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 7, 2020 at 4:22 PM ]
Bad year to have a QB need. Not cuz there are bad options but cuz there appear to be so many trash teams with QB needs.

Wilson is the guy I want for us(and I'm due for my guy to be drafted so I hope that trend continues) but the way he's playing I think by the time season is done we're watching him come off the board long before we pick.

Saints game will be telling but with Mostert and Deebo coming back and guys off the stupid covid list unless Mullens goes full Philly game we'll be picking outside top 10.

Jets and Jags are going QB.

Wilson is likely to be QB3 when it's all said and done and I simply don't see us getting a chance at him and knowing what we know about Kyle and state of our salary cap/roster I simply don't see us making the trade up for him.
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by Rathof44:

God no.

Mac Jones has 3 NFL first rounders and 2 second rounders to work with on that offense. 2WRS/1RB and 2OL. Jones over Wilson would be Leaf over Manning/Smith over Rodgers level fail.

This. Drafting Jones would be an epic fail. That'd basically like be Shanahan saying, look at me I'll turn this cat into a star with my system instead of drafting the legit baller.

Smarter than the room syndrome, not a good thing.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Nov 7, 2020 at 5:02 PM ]
We aren't beating the Saints, at least I don't think, especially since they're going to have MT back. The only real games we have a shot at winning are Washington and Dallas imo. I disagree, I think we do have a real chance to get in the top 10.
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
We aren't beating the Saints, at least I don't think, especially since they're going to have MT back. The only real games we have a shot at winning are Washington and Dallas imo. I disagree, I think we do have a real chance to get in the top 10.

We'll see. Washington and Dallas are SUPER beatable assuming we're not fielding Thursdays roster(that roster could very well go winless)

But we are getting guys coming back. Richburg and Blair may also join the team towards the end.

Say we lose all the other games 6-10 MAY get us top 10 but no guarantee.

At this point you just don't know how a team will look with injuries or covid. Buffalo hasn't been playing that well. We smoked the Rams and play them after a bye week.

If Jimmy and Kittle are back last few weeks and all our other guys are healthy we very well could sneak into the playoffs or finish up 8-8 or so. Bye bye QB hopes if you're looking at the top 4.

Of course how this season has gone us not winning again wouldn't shock me as we continue to get guys back and lose others...
Share 49ersWebzone