LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

I really like Zach Wilson. I've pointed out that he reminds me of Mahomes in many ways. But I'm also realistic: this is why I don't think Kyle will be high on him. Kyle hates the off-script stuff. He wants a robot out there executing his offense, and Zach Wilson ain't no damn robot. He's a playmaker.

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 7, 2020 at 6:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I really like Zach Wilson. I've pointed out that he reminds me of Mahomes in many ways. But I'm also realistic: this is why I don't think Kyle will be high on him. Kyle hates the off-script stuff. He wants a robot out there executing his offense, and Zach Wilson ain't no damn robot. He's a playmaker.

This is why Kyle will always be a brides maid and never the bride when it comes to the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by Alfienator:

This is why Kyle will always be a brides maid and never the bride when it comes to the Super Bowl.

It's not as if he can't still have Wilson run "his" system and only do the off script stuff when need be. I highly doubt he coaches to just take the L when the play doesn't go exactly how he drew it up, he'd be either incredibly stupid or naive to think that it will always go his way. Just can't see Shanny or any coach for that matter ever not using the words "go make a f**king play"
Originally posted by genus49:
We'll see. Washington and Dallas are SUPER beatable assuming we're not fielding Thursdays roster(that roster could very well go winless)

But we are getting guys coming back. Richburg and Blair may also join the team towards the end.

Say we lose all the other games 6-10 MAY get us top 10 but no guarantee.

At this point you just don't know how a team will look with injuries or covid. Buffalo hasn't been playing that well. We smoked the Rams and play them after a bye week.

If Jimmy and Kittle are back last few weeks and all our other guys are healthy we very well could sneak into the playoffs or finish up 8-8 or so. Bye bye QB hopes if you're looking at the top 4.

Of course how this season has gone us not winning again wouldn't shock me as we continue to get guys back and lose others...

I see no reason to bring Kittle back to this s**tshow festival called a season. I don't know what management will do though, Kittle always wants to play. The bones in the feet are tricky as we saw with Taylor last year, if he tries to come back and just ends up re-fracturing it he's gonna have to have surgery again and he loses his time in the offseason.

I would expect the Rams to be out for blood, and they'll be smelling the chum in the water when we play them next. Buffalo still has a mobile QB in Allen, we all know we struggle with them. Lol
Originally posted by 49ers808:

It's not as if he can't still have Wilson run "his" system and only do the off script stuff when need be. I highly doubt he coaches to just take the L when the play doesn't go exactly how he drew it up, he'd be either incredibly stupid or naive to think that it will always go his way. Just can't see Shanny or any coach for that matter ever not using the words "go make a f**king play"

I honestly think kyle has learned some s**t since he became a HC. I don't think he's a stubborn as some believe.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I honestly think kyle has learned some s**t since he became a HC. I don't think he's a stubborn as some believe.

I was about to say this. In fact Kyle just had a press conference talking about how he would have a more mobile QB on the roster. If we don't get Wilson or Lance I'm going to be very disappointed.
[ Edited by Waterbear on Nov 7, 2020 at 7:15 PM ]
I like this kid, he's raw but who isn't at that age? Kid is a playmaker. He's not afraid to take a chance and believes in himself and his teammates. As far as Shannahan not liking (or being able to win with) a mobile QB, all he would have to do is watch film of the 2 Superbowls (XXXII and XXXIII) to see how his dad worked with one of the best dual-threat QB's of all time! Kyle learned offensive football from his dad and I believe he can adjust his system to work with a mobile QB. I think that's why the Niners will be signing Josh Johnson. He'll be a guinea pig for Kyle. I said they should go and bring Kaepernick back, but Johnson is a less controversial QB. My guess is that Kyle has his eye on these young mobile QB's, like Wilson, and we'll draft one in 2021. Right now I'd prefer Wilson.
Originally posted by Juggernaut49erFan:
I like this kid, he's raw but who isn't at that age? Kid is a playmaker. He's not afraid to take a chance and believes in himself and his teammates. As far as Shannahan not liking (or being able to win with) a mobile QB, all he would have to do is watch film of the 2 Superbowls (XXXII and XXXIII) to see how his dad worked with one of the best dual-threat QB's of all time! Kyle learned offensive football from his dad and I believe he can adjust his system to work with a mobile QB. I think that's why the Niners will be signing Josh Johnson. He'll be a guinea pig for Kyle. I said they should go and bring Kaepernick back, but Johnson is a less controversial QB. My guess is that Kyle has his eye on these young mobile QB's, like Wilson, and we'll draft one in 2021. Right now I'd prefer Wilson.

Kyle has worked with mobile QBs before. He was the architect of the RG3 offense in Washington.

Even when RG3 was balling, Kyle couldn't wait to get Kirk Cousins on the field to run his offense.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 7, 2020 at 8:48 PM ]
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
Ravens trade up to take Lamar Jackson when they still have Joe Flacco (he was playing bad but had a huge contract and many think he was "safe").

Flacco had little gtd cash left...they also didn't burn a top 10 on a QB

Did you understand they move up from bottom of 2nd round plus give away another 2nd round pick to move back 1st round and take Lamar Jackson despite Flacco had extended his contract 2 seasons before that draft?
Point is they go after q better player even if it means to keep it on bench until he's needed on the field. 49ers can't be that shy on looking after a talented QB if they really want to compete with the best teams.
Kyle has worked with mobile QBs before. He was the architect of the RG3 offense in Washington.

Even when RG3 was balling, Kyle couldn't wait to get Kirk Cousins on the field to run his offense.

I think he can evolve.

Originally posted by Waterbear:

I was about to say this. In fact Kyle just had a press conference talking about how he would have a more mobile QB on the roster. If we don't get Wilson or Lance I'm going to be very disappointed.

It's just so weird because wouldn't Kyle's playbook be more deadly with a mobile QB on the helm?

I think he can evolve.

He's too stubborn to evolve. As was said, even when he had a healthy rg3, he'd rather have a statue in Cousins to run his perfect, idealized offense. That said, Wilson could run this offense and I'll be disappointed if we don't land him as well.

Also, I agree with your earlier post as well Hero. Shanahan doesn't seem to like much off-script stuff, but he really needs to get off that horse and realize that tons of big pass plays come from those. Especially if you draft a QB like Wilson.
[ Edited by PuckFarag10 on Nov 7, 2020 at 10:02 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran

I think he can evolve.

It's not that he doesn't like mobile QB's he didn't like RG3 cause he can't grasp the offense and he was the owners pet that thought he ran the show.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Yup saw that...same I think either could be studs with kyle and this roster.

Use all that freed up cash to resign some guys and upgrade. It's makes too much sense lol
Share 49ersWebzone