LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by Juggernaut49erFan:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Kyle has worked with mobile QBs before. He was the architect of the RG3 offense in Washington.

Even when RG3 was balling, Kyle couldn't wait to get Kirk Cousins on the field to run his offense.

I think he can evolve.

He's too stubborn to evolve. As was said, even when he had a healthy rg3, he'd rather have a statue in Cousins to run his perfect, idealized offense. That said, Wilson could run this offense and I'll be disappointed if we don't land him as well.

Also, I agree with your earlier post as well Hero. Shanahan doesn't seem to like much off-script stuff, but he really needs to get off that horse and realize that tons of big pass plays come from those. Especially if you draft a QB like Wilson.

That's simply not true...dude was only the OC end of the day. He simply thought Kirk was just a better QB, which turned out to be true.

You think kyle (who was a ball boy and saw his dad calling plays in 94) would hate to have a Steve Young type QB? Come on meow.

He's also evolved in who he wants at WR, compared to in the past.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

No thanks, i see a lot of spread and it's so hard to evaluate QBs that come from that gimmicky s**t
Originally posted by DickNasty:
No thanks, i see a lot of spread and it's so hard to evaluate QBs that come from that gimmicky s**t

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Pretty much all college QB's except for Alabama run a spread offense. Those days of calling college QB's gimmicky is over.

that's a very outdated take.
someone explain how the Mormon mission thing works. Does he have to take it by a certain age?
Originally posted by Heroism:
I'm not comping him, but this is some Patrick Mahomes-type s**t

ok i dont want Lawrence anymore this is the guy i want now
Originally posted by Hardcoreniner559:

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Hardcoreniner559:

I love Wilson.....NO DOUBT!! But to take him over Lawrence is down right crazy!!!

Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
someone explain how the Mormon mission thing works. Does he have to take it by a certain age?

No. Steve Young didn't and he's a direct descendant of Brigham Young. Ty Detmer didn't either. From what I've read, Wilson isn't a super dedicated Mormon and he has no plans on going on mission.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I love Wilson.....NO DOUBT!! But to take him over Lawrence is down right crazy!!!

I mean its pretty clear how they all stack up....

1. Mac Jones

8. Trevor Lawrence
10. Justin Fields

13. Zach Wilson
15. Trey Lance
24. Kyle Trask

Its science!
I'm really starting to fall for this player -- is this love? Those bombs are a thing of beauty. The mobility? Irresistible. The quick release? So dreamy. I guess you could say I'm smitten. The heart wants what it wants: A QB with some elite all-around traits.
Lots of talented QBs coming out of college the next 2-3 years. Even D'Eric King who is only 5'10" could possibly do well on the right team. The mobility and arm strength these young guys are showing is really something.

Lol
Share 49ersWebzone