LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by DickNasty:
No thanks, i see a lot of spread and it's so hard to evaluate QBs that come from that gimmicky s**t

Lol

I agree but that doesn't mean they can't play. Kyler is doing pretty well in his 'gimmicky' offense.
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
someone explain how the Mormon mission thing works. Does he have to take it by a certain age?

Did Fred Warner do it? I believe he's not doing a mission
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 8, 2020 at 8:54 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I agree but that doesn't mean they can't play. Kyler is doing pretty well in his 'gimmicky' offense.

Herbert didn't play out of a pro-style offense either. At this point it's a bit overblown.
No thanks, i see a lot of spread and it's so hard to evaluate QBs that come from that gimmicky s**t

Lol

The spread isn't "gimmicky" anymore. The Wildcat was a gimmick, this isn't. Plenty of NFL teams utilize some form of the spread in one way or another.

We dont run option, for obvious reasons, but we use plenty of gadget players, heavy motion, 5 receiver sets and one man reads. I dont know the numbers, but Jimmy operates out of the shotgun plenty.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I mean its pretty clear how they all stack up....

1. Mac Jones

8. Trevor Lawrence
10. Justin Fields

13. Zach Wilson
15. Trey Lance
24. Kyle Trask

Its science!

Herbert didn't play out of a pro-style offense either. At this point it's a bit overblown.

I live in Eugene and was talking yesterday to a friend who is a die hard Ducks fan. He's as surprised as I've been at Herbert's success. It shows what can happen if you take a guy with all the physical traits and actually coach him a little. He was kind of robotic in college and that's gone now. They just let him go out and cut it loose. He still makes some poor decisions but he'll learn. The 2nd year will tell once the league has seen him play a few more games.

I live in Eugene and was talking yesterday to a friend who is a die hard Ducks fan. He's as surprised as I've been at Herbert's success. It shows what can happen if you take a guy with all the physical traits and actually coach him a little. He was kind of robotic in college and that's gone now. They just let him go out and cut it loose. He still makes some poor decisions but he'll learn. The 2nd year will tell once the league has seen him play a few more games.

This is crucial. We will see what happens, but so far, he looks like he will be a really good quarterback.

The problem with the Wilson scenario is that if the Niners use all of their draft capitol to move up to get him, and don't improve the oline, hes going to be running for his life...and thats if they use Jimmy's saving to sign Trent.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Butter:
The problem with the Wilson scenario is that if the Niners use all of their draft capitol to move up to get him, and don't improve the oline, hes going to be running for his life...and thats if they use Jimmy's saving to sign Trent.

Lots of good Centers will be in the 2021 free agent market. Alex Mack shouldn't be too expensive at 35 years old going on 36 and even at that age I'd take him over any of the Centers currently on the roster.

Lol

He also takes a lot of snaps from under center and runs the playaction as good as any college QB.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm really starting to fall for this player -- is this love? Those bombs are a thing of beauty. The mobility? Irresistible. The quick release? So dreamy. I guess you could say I'm smitten. The heart wants what it wants: A QB with some elite all-around traits.

Welcome aboard bro! I'll help you with your board, QB2
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

This is crucial. We will see what happens, but so far, he looks like he will be a really good quarterback.

One other factor is I don't expect him to play a long time like Brees , Brady or Rogers. He wants to be a doctor so I could see him walking away from football after 10 years or maybe even 5.
Lots of talented QBs coming out of college the next 2-3 years. Even D'Eric King who is only 5'10" could possibly do well on the right team. The mobility and arm strength these young guys are showing is really something.

Smaller than Kyler Murray with nowhere close to the same arm. NFL life gonna be rough on him.
Share 49ersWebzone