LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Originally posted by Butter:
The problem with the Wilson scenario is that if the Niners use all of their draft capitol to move up to get him, and don't improve the oline, hes going to be running for his life...and thats if they use Jimmy's saving to sign Trent.

Just coming back with more stability at center will make everyone look better. Its the biggest weakness on the OL by far and when your center situation is a burning dumpster fire, it reverberates all the way down the OL.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Just coming back with more stability at center will make everyone look better. Its the biggest weakness on the OL by far and when your center situation is a burning dumpster fire, it reverberates all the way down the OL.

And who solves that hole at center? Richburg? 😂
Originally posted by mutant-man49:

A healthy Richburg was balling. Losing him hurt a lot but even if you don't bring him back you can sign someone like Mack in FA that won't break the bank and already knows the offense. Also this upcoming draft has some damn nice center prospects running four rounds deep.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Can't count on Richburg to stay healthy. He's the offensive Dee Ford.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He's scouting for another team when he takes their GM promotion.

A healthy Richburg was balling. Losing him hurt a lot but even if you don't bring him back you can sign someone like Mack in FA that won't break the bank and already knows the offense. Also this upcoming draft has some damn nice center prospects running four rounds deep.

You lost me at healthy. If you have to trade up for a QB this year you lose draft picks. Better be damn sure in your talent evaluation if you think you're gonna draft a mid round center and plug him in day 1.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Can't count on Richburg to stay healthy. He's the offensive Dee Ford.

I think Shepley is the hidden gem at C for 2021.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Man I can't stand this guy Wilson.
He's got the same birthday as Tom Brady
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BYisGod:

He also has one O in his name like Tom Brady.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by BYisGod:

He also has one O in his name like Tom Brady.

Originally posted by Butter:
The problem with the Wilson scenario is that if the Niners use all of their draft capitol to move up to get him, and don't improve the oline, hes going to be running for his life...and thats if they use Jimmy's saving to sign Trent.

If they move on from Jimmy that's $50M in cap space over 2021/2022. They will have no problem using that cash to upgrade at a couple spots. You can setup a contract to give a smaller cap hit in 2021 as well.

Guess what Wilson CAN run and extend plays...Jimmy can't. That alone makes the OL perform better.

No one said you have to use all of your draft capital to get a QB this yr too. SF could be drafting top 10. I'd give up a 2022 1st if I had too.

There's about 4 centers I would sign in this upcoming FA. Guys will also get cut because of cash restraints.

Also look at the draft. I'm a fan of Lindstrom at BC and Linderbaum at Iowa. Neither are gonna be top 50 prospects imo.
One thing I'd love to see from Wilson and I fully understand it's a ridiculous ask...is a lot more throws with a pass rush in his face.

Throw talent is clearly there but we've seen talent go out the window once guys get hit over and over...and if our OL isn't fixed by next year whoever we have behind Center will have to keep his cool under pressure.
Originally posted by genus49:
One thing I'd love to see from Wilson and I fully understand it's a ridiculous ask...is a lot more throws with a pass rush in his face.

Throw talent is clearly there but we've seen talent go out the window once guys get hit over and over...and if our OL isn't fixed by next year whoever we have behind Center will have to keep his cool under pressure.

He actually moves. Just having that as a possibly makes this offense better and gives defenses headaches...we sure know that here

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 8, 2020 at 6:59 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone