LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Looking at what the Eagles gave up to move from 8 to 2 for Wentz - I would have no problem making a similar deal to go from 10-11 to around 4-5 if our guy is there.

Tired of having the 4th best QB in the division. Being content with 4th isn't enough.

Need the cap space, need the QB, need to re-sign key guys.

Three birds, one stone.

That was exactly the type of trade I had in my mind. I believe the Rams went from 12 to 1 to get Goff too. I mean if you can't go to 1, then try for 2 or 3 that would secure a chance at one of the top QB's. But I doubt Lynch gets that aggressive in the draft.

Like I said, if the plan is to move on from Jimmy in the off season then do it right and go all out like the Rams and Eagles did.

We need to get out of QB purgatory at any cost. If that means using next years 1st and 2nd round picks to move up to get Wilson, then I agree we need to do it. We won't be a true SB contender until we have a FQB. We'll be a contender every year once we finally have a great QB again that is capable of winning games and elevating the offensive players around him.
[ Edited by PuckFarag10 on Nov 9, 2020 at 8:51 AM ]
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Looking at what the Eagles gave up to move from 8 to 2 for Wentz - I would have no problem making a similar deal to go from 10-11 to around 4-5 if our guy is there.

Tired of having the 4th best QB in the division. Being content with 4th isn't enough.

Three birds, one stone.

That was exactly the type of trade I had in my mind. I believe the Rams went from 12 to 1 to get Goff too. I mean if you can't go to 1, then try for 2 or 3 that would secure a chance at one of the top QB's. But I doubt Lynch gets that aggressive in the draft.

Like I said, if the plan is to move on from Jimmy in the off season then do it right and go all out like the Rams and Eagles did.

We need to get out of QB purgatory at any cost. If that means using next years 1st and 2nd round picks to move up to get Wilson, then I agree we need to do it. We won't be a true SB contender until we have a FQB. We'll be a contender every year once we finally have a great QB again that is capable of winning games and elevating the offensive players around him.

This.

I would even throw in a player like Ward to sweeten the deal.

Three birds, one stone.

completely agree. I think Lance and Wilson would be instant hits in Shanahan's offense and would really give us that QB thats stays with us for a whole decade.

Im willing to give up some major picks. I mean, if we can get rid of Garappolo, Dee Ford, and Ward's contract next season, we should have alot of wiggle room to sign good players over the next few years while our QB is on a rookie contract.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Three birds, one stone.

completely agree. I think Lance and Wilson would be instant hits in Shanahan's offense and would really give us that QB thats stays with us for a whole decade.

Im willing to give up some major picks. I mean, if we can get rid of Garappolo, Dee Ford, and Ward's contract next season, we should have alot of wiggle room to sign good players over the next few years while our QB is on a rookie contract.

Yeah there's more benefit in shedding the contracts and trading up in the draft than just trying to keep all our picks and building that way. We not rebuilding anymore, outside of QB our core is set. Just need to figure out the final and most important piece in the core then we can reload around them with solid FA signings
I can't help but notice how many times a game this kid sets his receivers up to take a lick
Originally posted by Boldjames:
I can't help but notice how many times a game this kid sets his receivers up to take a lick

JT O'Sullivan said the same thing in his video breakdown of Wilson. I'll have to be on the lookout for that more as the season progresses.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Has BYU actually played against anyone good this season?
Originally posted by jcs:

They just beat Boise State
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by jcs:

They just beat Boise State

Who has the 74th ranked defense.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I want Zach Wilson, bad.

Are they going to have the senior bowl this year?
Originally posted by Bitplayer:

Yes. Interestingly, Jamie Newman was the first QB to accept an invite.
[ Edited by jb49ers80 on Nov 10, 2020 at 5:54 AM ]
Originally posted by jb49ers80:

Yes. Interestingly, Jamie Newman was the first QB to accept an invite.

I feel he really hurt himself by opting out. It was a chance for him to solidify himself as a top QB prospect playing in Georgia's offense and he bowed out.
Just for fun, did a 2-round mock draft on TDN.

1st round: Zach Wilson (with Trey Lance and Mac Jones still on the board)
2nd round: Paulson Adebo (was really trying to decide between Adebo, Derion Kendrick, Asante Samuel, or Patrick Jones)

That's the plan. We'll see what happens.

I do wonder if they'll allow guys like Wilson to play in it(true junior as far as I recall) I think recently they allowed redshirt juniors to go but maybe this year the rules will be and(should be) adjusted.
Share 49ersWebzone