LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Originally posted by 91til:
Originally posted by CaliWG:
PFF writing about Zach Wilson and the BYU Offense. Does an offense rooted in the outside zone sound familiar to anyone? The opportunity to use Aiyuk & Samuel to attack defenses vertically on a more consistent basis would bring a whole new dynamic to the Niners' system. This is really getting too obvious for Lynch & Shanahan.

"The Cougars have done a tremendous job when showing that outside zone run before pulling the ball and running play action off that concept. Their whopping .75 expected points added per play on outside zone play actions is absurd. Wilson averages 14.3 yards per attempt on those throws. This is not just outside zone action to slip a tight end to the flat. They are going to explode on you with a deep throw. Wilson's average depth of target of 15 yards ranks third-highest in the country among quarterbacks with over 10 attempts."
https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-byu-cincinnati-caliber-sneaky-college-football-playoff-candidates

pause

I'd like to see Wilson explode all over
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by 91til:
Originally posted by CaliWG:
PFF writing about Zach Wilson and the BYU Offense. Does an offense rooted in the outside zone sound familiar to anyone? The opportunity to use Aiyuk & Samuel to attack defenses vertically on a more consistent basis would bring a whole new dynamic to the Niners' system. This is really getting too obvious for Lynch & Shanahan.

"The Cougars have done a tremendous job when showing that outside zone run before pulling the ball and running play action off that concept. Their whopping .75 expected points added per play on outside zone play actions is absurd. Wilson averages 14.3 yards per attempt on those throws. This is not just outside zone action to slip a tight end to the flat. They are going to explode on you with a deep throw. Wilson's average depth of target of 15 yards ranks third-highest in the country among quarterbacks with over 10 attempts."
https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-byu-cincinnati-caliber-sneaky-college-football-playoff-candidates

pause

I'd like to see Wilson explode all over

Maybe if he grew his hair out

Originally posted by Overkill:
Maybe if he grew his hair out

Mac Jones needs to do everything within his power to never go to prison.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Mac Jones needs to do everything within his power to never go to prison.

The more I see/read about Wilson the more I want him.

Being in the same division with Russ and Kyler we´ll need a really good QB to compete year in and year out.
But is he as mobile as russ and mahomes
I think Wilson goes back to school to be the #1 or #2 overall pick next year.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Yes
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

There's no guarantee that he would be either of those, or that he wouldn't suffer some major injury in the process.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

There's no guarantee that he would be either of those, or that he wouldn't suffer some major injury in the process.

If he's been paying attention to the NFL. Lots of teams need a QB in the top 10 of the draft.

He should just declare while he's having a great season. If he goes to an stacked team like with an offensive genious like Kyle he'd shine. If he finishes with some ass team like the Jets he'll just fail.
I like his game.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Yes

Not sure why that matters anyway

There are some pretty good QBs coming out next year as well.

Edit: or draft eligible anyway
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Nov 10, 2020 at 10:11 PM ]
Doesn't BYU only have 2 games left on their schedule?
Share 49ersWebzone