There are 256 users in the forums

Jordan Willis - EDGE signs with Raiders

Shop 49ers game tickets
He's going to be tough to cut, especially since he is good on ST's to. If anything, I think we could get a 6th rd pick for him at the very least but I think he makes it, even with a very deep & talented D-Line group. I don't think Hyder will end up making the team Tbh
I'm always rooting for this dude, but it's going to be difficult. Carrying 11 dlinemen could be an overkill.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
I'm always rooting for this dude, but it's going to be difficult. Carrying 11 dlinemen could be an overkill.

Ditto
Well he is notw back on the roster after being let go-now the DL has 10 people at their pos. group.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I don´t know why they cut him in the first place specially with the way he played in pre-season. And he´s a speed rusher. Good thing he´s already back.
Why would you have 5 RBs and cut Jordan Willis and Kemoko Turay?
Originally posted by pdc20:
I don´t know why they cut him in the first place specially with the way he played in pre-season. And he´s a speed rusher. Good thing he´s already back.

Just a procedural tactic. Although I doubt Turay comes back. Maybe to the PS.
  • thl408
Originally posted by pdc20:

For Willis, the team knew he wanted to be back so this allowed him to be cut, put JWard on the 53, move JWard to IR, then re-sign Willis. It all has to do with the team and Willis having an agreement and Willis enjoying being a 49er.
Solid. Scrappy. Good character guy. Made it easy to keep him.
Willis deserved to make the team, so glad he did. I hope he continues to bring the juice in the regular season. He looks bigger, stronger and more explosive. Those Mexican supplements he got suspended for last year are paying off this year.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Willis deserved to make the team, so glad he did. I hope he continues to bring the juice in the regular season. He looks bigger, stronger and more explosive. Those Mexican supplements he got suspended for last year are paying off this year.

Very true about the juice I still think we should of kept Turay instead of Willis

Originally posted by elguapo:
Very true about the juice I still think we should of kept Turay instead of Willis

I don't know about camp, but Willis significantly outperformed Turay in the preseason. In fact, I'd argue Willis was the 49ers' best edge rusher in the preseason. I saw a PFF stat posted that Willis was top-15 in win rate for edge rushers in the preseason across the NFL and led the 49ers in that metric. He looks bigger, stronger and changed his rush stance and is firing off the ball with more explosiveness and leverage. He just looks really comfortable in the wide 9, which is expected for a guy going into the 3rd year in this scheme with his physical tools.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 31, 2022 at 2:17 PM ]

Dominican. El Papi special reserve.
Originally posted by elguapo:

I don't know about camp, but Willis significantly outperformed Turay in the preseason. In fact, I'd argue Willis was the 49ers' best edge rusher in the preseason. I saw a PFF stat posted that Willis was top-15 in win rate for edge rushers in the preseason across the NFL and led the 49ers in that metric. He looks bigger, stronger and changed his rush stance and is firing off the ball with more explosiveness and leverage. He just looks really comfortable in the wide 9, which is expected for a guy going into the 3rd year in this scheme with his physical tools.

Another extension candidate.

I don't know about the PFF stats and stuff but in my opinion, I agree that Willis looked the best in preseason as well. He looks a lot more comfortable and yeah you can tell he's been with us in this scheme. His special teams value makes him that much better and worth keeping over any of the other back up ends. Him and Drake are fantastic rotational guys, hell even Omenihu; can't wait to see all of those guys
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I don't know about the PFF stats and stuff but in my opinion, I agree that Willis looked the best in preseason as well. He looks a lot more comfortable and yeah you can tell he's been with us in this scheme. His special teams value makes him that much better and worth keeping over any of the other back up ends. Him and Drake are fantastic rotational guys, hell even Omenihu; can't wait to see all of those guys

Plus Hyder and Turay on P squad! We're stacked at end and I'd imagine all these guys want to play inside (nascar package) on 3rd down.
Share 49ersWebzone