There are 277 users in the forums

Jordan Willis - EDGE signs with Raiders

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by pdc20:
Ouch, losing Ebukam, Omenihu and now Willis in the same offseason absolutely sucks. The depth of the D-Line was one of the biggest strenghts of the team. Honestly, I would have prefered re-signing Willis than signing Clelin Ferrell. It was hard to keep Onemihu and Ebukam because of the salary I get that but they could have kept Willis. I´m sure Shanahan and Lynch will sign FAs and draft one or two guys, maybe more but right now it´s pretty concerning. I think Drake Jackson has everything to be a star but he has to prove it on the field.

I'm not too worried about those guys especially since they could never get more than five sacks a year. They were solid players but that's it.
Yannick still available.. along with some older 1 year options

Yannick will be the most expensive out of all the edge rushers imo so I don't think there's a chance we get him. But there are tons of other ones available
This couldn't be more than a 3m deal. Im not seeing the logic here. Graded a 70.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Mar 20, 2023 at 2:55 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by pdc20:
Ouch, losing Ebukam, Omenihu and now Willis in the same offseason absolutely sucks. The depth of the D-Line was one of the biggest strenghts of the team. Honestly, I would have prefered re-signing Willis than signing Clelin Ferrell. It was hard to keep Onemihu and Ebukam because of the salary I get that but they could have kept Willis. I´m sure Shanahan and Lynch will sign FAs and draft one or two guys, maybe more but right now it´s pretty concerning. I think Drake Jackson has everything to be a star but he has to prove it on the field.

I'm not too worried about those guys especially since they could never get more than five sacks a year. They were solid players but that's it.
Yannick still available.. along with some older 1 year options

Yannick will be the most expensive out of all the edge rushers imo so I don't think there's a chance we get him. But there are tons of other ones available

Maybe. He struggles against the run so you aren't really getting a 3 down player with him.
[ Edited by Hopper on Mar 20, 2023 at 5:55 PM ]
Um...what? I agree this could not have been a big money deal, and can't believe we couldn't get him re-signed.
A bit surprised at this one.
Good luck to Willis
Another guy who it was time to be washed off the roster. They'll find another depth DE. Good luck to him
Not sure I like this. He is a solid player. I doubt we'll find someone as good that isn't a bit too expensive.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Mar 20, 2023 at 10:01 PM ]
Maybe now they pivot and sign Hyder back? (Does he have 1 more year left in the tank?)
[ Edited by TheXFactor on Mar 21, 2023 at 6:55 AM ]
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Maybe now they pivot and sign Hyder back? (Does he have 1 more year left in the tank?)

I'd just bring in two rookies and develop them. If they need a guy to round out the 90 man roster, you can sign Hyder, but no need to do it now.

sign him to the PS now that Hyder went to the Texans
Share 49ersWebzone