LISTEN: The Best Of The 49ers Webzone: No Huddle Podcast →

There are 107 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by Ark49er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I want a mobile QB - Jones is a statue.

The only thing is does Klye Shanahan want a mobile QB? We know he has been against having one up to now when it's his choice.

He better, the game changed and the guys he didn't want like Watson and Mahomes turned out good so he better change his way he evaluates qbs. Jones is just a guy that Kyle would like because he'll run the system perfectly and do what's told. Other guys would go off script and drive him crazy yet make huge game changing plays Jones or Jimmy couldn't make
Will be checking him out more and more as a realistic option at QB
[ Edited by Ark49er on Nov 15, 2020 at 7:51 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I'm expecting Mac Jones or Zach Wilson to be a 49er next season. Much much rather have Wilson though.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I want a mobile QB - Jones is a statue.

The only thing is does Klye Shanahan want a mobile QB? We know he has been against having one up to now when it's his choice.

He better, the game changed and the guys he didn't want like Watson and Mahomes turned out good so he better change his way he evaluates qbs. Jones is just a guy that Kyle would like because he'll run the system perfectly and do what's told. Other guys would go off script and drive him crazy yet make huge game changing plays Jones or Jimmy couldn't make
I like that. It's funny, but it has some truth to it as well. Much rather have the guys like Wilson who would go off-schedule and make the big play than the "yes-men" behind center that Jimmy or Jones has essentially been, or could be.
I know it's kind of parroting, but it's how I feel about the QB position as well. The only thing Mac has in his favor is his deep ball is very good, but his OL at Bama is so damn good and gives him tons of time.
[ Edited by PuckFarag10 on Nov 15, 2020 at 8:41 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Shanny will cream his pants when he interviews this guy

Smart kid. Good breakdown as well.
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
I like that. It's funny, but it has some truth to it as well. Much rather have the guys like Wilson who would go off-schedule and make the big play than the "yes-men" behind center that Jimmy or Jones has essentially been, or could be.
I know it's kind of parroting, but it's how I feel about the QB position as well. The only thing Mac has in his favor is his deep ball is very good, but his OL at Bama is so damn good and gives him tons of time.

If you've got a good pocket passer that can read a defense, get rid of the ball quickly and attack the field at all levels, you're likely to be successful. That style of passer never goes out of vogue. I don't know if Jones is that guy but thus far he hasn't done anything to hurt himself.
I think he'd be horrible here with our OL just like all of our other quarterbacks

Honestly if all the top QBs are gone, I'd rather just stick with Garoppolo and draft the best OT available

Then double dip in the 2nd round with another inside OL or a CB.

What does he even do thats better than Garappolo right now? If there's no upside or mobility, I just don't see the point
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I think he'd be horrible here with our OL just like all of our other quarterbacks

Honestly if all the top QBs are gone, I'd rather just stick with Garoppolo and draft the best OT available

What does he even do thats better than Garappolo right now? If there's no upside or mobility, I just don't see the point

He throws past 10 yards in every game

Originally posted by Kolohe:

I'm expecting Mac Jones or Zach Wilson to be a 49er next season. Much much rather have Wilson though.

I'm thinking Jones or Trask as the newest Shanahan draft crush. I got Washington drafting Wilson.

• zero
  • Veteran

yeah, I'm with you on this if it's between Jones and Jimmy, provided Jimmy comes back a deep discount and not 26mil
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I'm thinking Jones or Trask as the newest Shanahan draft crush. I got Washington drafting Wilson.

This, too. I really do think that with how weird this season has been with COVID, players opting out, games being cancelled, it will definitely push a lot more QBs up and with a ton of teams with questionable QB situations, I feel the Niners will miss out on Wilson and Lance. Jones and Trask are looking like the most realistic just because of availability, but to be optimistic, someone like Jones could really be great under Shanahan.
Jones is a glove fit for this scheme and current personnel. Beautiful deep ball, enough mobility, nice release, accurate. This is a damn strong qb class imo.
Mac Dre.....Mac Mall......Mac Jones?
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Mac Dre.....Mac Mall......Mac Jones?

lol
Share 49ersWebzone