There are 181 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I knew the trade up wasn't for a guy THAT WE MAY HAVE HAD A SHOT AT STAYING AT 12!

I figured it was for Fields or Wilson. Didn't think we had the balls to bring along a raw but ridiculously high ceiling guy like Lance but it seems I was partially right.

I

same

But in hindsight, it really looks pretty clear the whole last year was about Lance getting with a QB coach, reportedly for the first time in his life, to work on his mechanics. That coach reported back that Lance has an unbelievable mind and memory retention, and that his head is probably his strongest asset.

It sure seems planned to me. With no college games last year for Lance, he went to QB school ( with a known shanny connection) the entire time and after the pro day the 49ers realized there was no hope of him lasting to 12 so they gave up everything to make sure he became a 49er.

I don't think Fields, Wilson, Lawrence or Mac were ever under consideration.

Mac was a saftey net as in, oh s**t Lance's leg fell off....not as in he was ever going to be drafted unless the Jags or Jets came around to the mindset that 49ers had on him.

Listen to the coach that has been with Lance the whole last year, and it really seems possible the best QB in this class was Lance.
John Beck's interview sealed the deal for me. The way he talked about Lance in comparison to Zach Wilson and Fields. You could hear it in his voice, Beck believes in Lance as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSW0QTza0aA
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by krizay:
I think I realized why they chose Lance over Jones. We are clearly looking to run more than throw. Which makes sense why the choice was Lance.

That, and they see him as potentially the better Quarterback.

This, and they see him as the smarter QB with bigger arm and ability to throw off schedule.

In short - they chose Lance over Jones was bc he was worth a 3rd overall pick and Jones wasn't.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Safety net and starting point is different

NCommand, hang in there. Trey will be better. You can see Mac in NE a lot. They get several national games

I wanna watch them all honestly.

I know you're pissed off..

Not even a tiny bit. Stoked to see Garoppolo this year knowing Lance will be growing every minute!

Thinking it was going to be Mac is a whole lot different than being invested in him. I wasn't invested in any of the 3...cool with any of the 3.
Damn. Remember when we all thought this guy was going to be the pick and people were really convincing themselves overtime he was a better prospect.

He may go on to be a better player but he was not the best QB prospect
Originally posted by 1swift:
Damn. Remember when we all thought this guy was going to be the pick and people were really convincing themselves overtime he was a better prospect.

Yes, I can remember 4 days ago.

Shows you how easy it is to be fooled. Mac was a myth, like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the 9/11 official story, the election was fair, etc etc. Things we were made to believe that just aren't true.
Originally posted by maxsmart:

Shows you how easy it is to be fooled. Mac was a myth, like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the 9/11 official story, the election was fair, etc etc. Things we were made to believe that just aren't true.

Only the suckers believed he would go at 3
Originally posted by Dshearn:
same

But in hindsight, it really looks pretty clear the whole last year was about Lance getting with a QB coach, reportedly for the first time in his life, to work on his mechanics. That coach reported back that Lance has an unbelievable mind and memory retention, and that his head is probably his strongest asset.

It sure seems planned to me. With no college games last year for Lance, he went to QB school ( with a known shanny connection) the entire time and after the pro day the 49ers realized there was no hope of him lasting to 12 so they gave up everything to make sure he became a 49er.

I don't think Fields, Wilson, Lawrence or Mac were ever under consideration.

Mac was a saftey net as in, oh s**t Lance's leg fell off....not as in he was ever going to be drafted unless the Jags or Jets came around to the mindset that 49ers had on him.

Listen to the coach that has been with Lance the whole last year, and it really seems possible the best QB in this class was Lance.

I sure hope so
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by maxsmart:

Only the suckers believed he would go at 3

Basically.. and people who believe Chris Simms is some sort of quarterback guru.

Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by krizay:
I think I realized why they chose Lance over Jones. We are clearly looking to run more than throw. Which makes sense why the choice was Lance.

That, and they see him as potentially the better Quarterback.

Pretty much this...they chose Lance because he has a chance to be twice as better and Jones offer much more than what we already had.
Probably the worst topic in Webzone history
Edit: why bother?
[ Edited by Chance on May 2, 2021 at 5:42 PM ]
Biggest meltdown in Webzone history?

right here
Will the PTSD of the last 30 days keep this thread going for hundreds of more pages? You all need therapy
Share 49ersWebzone