There are 177 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I think the Saints are better off without him. They can get a QB in two years.

We'll see. Jones would have fit in well there too with the offense they run, their OL, the receivers they have and playing in a dome the vast majority of games each year. Its not like Drew Brees ever had a cannon.

Yeah, his Obama costume would have been a perfect fit to replace Drew "You Shouldn't Disrespect My Flag" Brees.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I think the Saints are better off without him. They can get a QB in two years.

Can they even run some full version of their offense with Winston, Hill and Siemien?
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
The only legit talent they got on offense besides Brady was Gronk. Brady made lesser talents like Edelman, Amendola, Hogan, James White and others. The OL had the luck to be coached by Dante who was the greatest OL coach, who is now retired.
Every SB they won in NE they had a top 10 defense. Now their defense is coming back to strenght, some injured guys coming back, some injured and opt outs as well, they added some FA. I expect their defense to be good, the offense with Cam or Mac the palindrome names not so much.

It's hard to find super bowl winners with out top 10 defenses.

The Pat's had one "super" team that actually lost. I don't think any coach got more teams to the superbowl with less talent.

It's mind boggling how good the pats have been. Historically they don't have great talent across the board.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
gross

Like a lot of evaluators, McCloughan did not have Jones rated nearly as high as the others. He said he had a fifth-round grade on him entering Alabama's 2020 season and raised it to a third-round grade after the school's undefeated, national-title run.

"I saw him as a perennial backup, No. 2, at best," he said of Jones. "There's no physical skills. You can say 'mental ability' all you want, but you've got to have some physical upside. Like, Lance — he's got physical upside. That gives him a chance to be a legit No. 1 (quarterback). Jones — you see him being a solid No. 2 when it's said and done, which is fine. You just don't take him in the frickin' first round. Not early. And thank goodness the 49ers didn't do that because they would have gotten buried on that in about three, four years."

Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
The only legit talent they got on offense besides Brady was Gronk. Brady made lesser talents like Edelman, Amendola, Hogan, James White and others. The OL had the luck to be coached by Dante who was the greatest OL coach, who is now retired.
Every SB they won in NE they had a top 10 defense. Now their defense is coming back to strenght, some injured guys coming back, some injured and opt outs as well, they added some FA. I expect their defense to be good, the offense with Cam or Mac the palindrome names not so much.

Luckily Bill is still there and with Mac on a rookie deal that d is going to be on it's way up.
bill gonna win a championship with this kid
Originally posted by rathman4481:

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
gross

I remember when Pennington and the Jets absolutely wrecked Peyton Manning and the Colts in the playoffs. Injuries really killed his career.

True.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"Look at his pace!" My soul will never get fed enough Jets fan frustration (NSFW) <a href="
" charset="utf-8"></script>

Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:

True.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"Look at his pace!" My soul will never get fed enough Jets fan frustration (NSFW) <a href="

I wish Lance walked out with the same kind of confidence
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

One could argue they are closer to winning it all than we are.

True.

I wish Lance walked out with the same kind of confidence

His pace just screams athleticism and winning! Now I'm pissed! Lol
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

One could argue they are closer to winning it all than we are.

You could argue that Bigfoot is real too
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
gross

Pennington was not a bad QB. He was just physically broken.
Share 49ersWebzone