There are 401 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by BamaNiner:
No idea how he turns out, but that type of stuff is what the all time greats do.

Guys do it to get drafted higher as well. We'll see how it goes.
I'm hoping this guy fails. Not because I don't like him but because I hate the Patriots
Originally posted by frenchmov:
No idea how he turns out, but that type of stuff is what the all time greats do.

Studying can only get you so far in the nfl when you aren't physically elite

I'd rather have someone who studies his ass off than someone who relies on his athleticism. It just just shows me dedication also.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Studying can only get you so far in the nfl when you aren't physically elite

I'd rather have someone who studies his ass off than someone who relies on his athleticism. It just just shows me dedication also.

Agreed. I'd also rather have a guy who's athletic and studies his ass off.
Originally posted by random49er:

He didn't just start doing that stuff for show. He just ran the best offense in the history of college football holding off the #1 recruit in the nation from starting.
And I wanted Bryce Youbg to start over him but he never gave him a chance.

He didn't just start doing that stuff for show. He just ran the best offense in the history of college football holding off the #1 recruit in the nation from starting.

Weird. A guy that got to sit and learn a playbook for 3 years beat a guy new to it. But Bryce Young is a damn stud no joke
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Weird. A guy that got to sit and learn a playbook for 3 years beat a guy new to it. But Bryce Young is a damn stud no joke

And ran the most efficient offense of all time. Don't forget that part.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Bryce Young is gonna be insanely good.
Why does this thread still exist, it is already after the draft and we didn't pick Mac Jones
Originally posted by DimezandDots:
Why does this thread still exist, it is already after the draft and we didn't pick Mac Jones

Same reason why we tend to keep discussion going on draft eligible players, past and present.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Sure. Injuries happen - especially at OL. Exactly why you need a "Super QB" to make up for not so ideal situation. Exactly the point again.

How did making up for injuries on the OL go for Mahomes?

He also had a pretty bad toe which required surgery after the SB. I think if there was a statue back there with both tackles pit - KC would have lost by 40.
He also had a pretty bad toe which required surgery after the SB. I think if there was a statue back there with both tackles pit - KC would have lost by 40.

Lots of guys and teams are dealing with injuries, such is football. A healthy 49ers team likely curb stomps the Chiefs a year earlier.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Lots of guys and teams are dealing with injuries, such is football. A healthy 49ers team likely curb stomps the Chiefs a year earlier.

Yes - but QB is the most important position and we were talking about QB. Mahomes was playing with a turf toe. You asked how did missing guys at OL do for Mahomes - we don't know bc he himself couldn't move the way he wanted to - and he still made some ridiculous throws outside the pocket - which if the WRs caught - would have made it a different game. Yes, coulda shoulda woulda but when analyzing you look at those things.

Point is - with a statue QB back there - you need more things to go right. They can't overcome certain things. Doesn't mean QBs who can get out of pockets don't need any help - but there is more margin for error.
[ Edited by 4ML on May 11, 2021 at 10:38 AM ]
So, how many of you guys lost money betting on us drafting this guy?
Brees? Brady? Mannings?

Literally all of these players had better arms than Mac coming out of school lol
Share 49ersWebzone