Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Is this true, though?
Forty-Niners have a QB1 right now who many deify and has a seemingly a much weaker arm than this guy. Mac looks to have plenty of arm strength and long ball accuracy. Plus great pocket awareness and escapability; more athletic than given credit for. Just because he wasn't the Niners selection doesn't justify denigrating his talents. He looks to be good and would probably have been a good pick-up by the Niners. Just not at #3.
IMO the Niners picked the right guy at #3. The guy I voted for as my preference (Not Fields. Not Jones).
If you're going to sacrifice what the team did, swing for the fences.

Mac does not have a good arm. There are really no two ways about that. So again average arm at best, not very athletic.... It means you have to be nearly perfect every play. Perfect playcall, perfect footwork, perfect read. Is it possible Mac Jones could be a top 10-15 QB? Anything is possible I guess but I would be shocked

Well don't forget Bellicheat and what he did with a 6th rounder. I hope Bill retires soon so Kyle will have less competition if the 49ers get into the Lombardi game.

Well, I HIGHLY doubt Bill has another Brady. That kind of luck does not come around twice.

Favre to Rodgers... Montana to Young...

Ooh! Twice in 30 years. So it must happen again, obviously.

I mean, you dont gotta be a prick about it. Warner to Bulger to a lesser extent. The point is that it can happen. You spoke in absolutes by saying that will never happen again.. I proved you wrong. Just take the L.

Oooh! 30 years though. And by the way, Bulger?!!!
Is this true, though?
Forty-Niners have a QB1 right now who many deify and has a seemingly a much weaker arm than this guy. Mac looks to have plenty of arm strength and long ball accuracy. Plus great pocket awareness and escapability; more athletic than given credit for. Just because he wasn't the Niners selection doesn't justify denigrating his talents. He looks to be good and would probably have been a good pick-up by the Niners. Just not at #3.
IMO the Niners picked the right guy at #3. The guy I voted for as my preference (Not Fields. Not Jones).

Mac does not have a good arm. There are really no two ways about that. So again average arm at best, not very athletic.... It means you have to be nearly perfect every play. Perfect playcall, perfect footwork, perfect read. Is it possible Mac Jones could be a top 10-15 QB? Anything is possible I guess but I would be shocked

Well don't forget Bellicheat and what he did with a 6th rounder. I hope Bill retires soon so Kyle will have less competition if the 49ers get into the Lombardi game.

Well, I HIGHLY doubt Bill has another Brady. That kind of luck does not come around twice.

I mean, you dont gotta be a prick about it. Warner to Bulger to a lesser extent. The point is that it can happen. You spoke in absolutes by saying that will never happen again.. I proved you wrong. Just take the L.

He said "never " ?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Is this true, though?

He said "never " ?

"That kind of luck does not come around twice"

Yeah, it's rare, but it can happen. Personally, I think Mac Jones is trash, but it can still happen.
"That kind of luck does not come around twice"

Yeah, it's rare, but it can happen. Personally, I think Mac Jones is trash, but it can still happen.

I'm just reading some of this.... How many QBs has Bill drafted that never turned into Brady? He's on QB 9 currently.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 17, 2021 at 5:31 AM ]
Uh oh.

Show 'em young Trey!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Uh oh.

Show 'em young Trey!

Literally every first round QB is having nothing but positive reactions it's crazy I guess they're all great.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Uh oh.

Show 'em young Trey!

Literally every first round QB is having nothing but positive reactions it's crazy I guess they're all great.

Just like every coach thinks their team is shaping up really well and looks like they're much improved. Every team thinks they look good in practice. The problem is they're playing against their own players.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Uh oh.

Show 'em young Trey!

Just like every coach thinks their team is shaping up really well and looks like they're much improved. Every team thinks they look good in practice. The problem is they're playing against their own players.

Yeah, we won't know anything until the real bullets fly.
Uh oh.

Show 'em young Trey!

uh oh with what?

He's surrounded by rookies and UDFAs right now. He should be the leader, same story at every rookie mini camp.

FWIW they literally said the same thing about Jarrett Stidham
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 17, 2021 at 7:40 AM ]
Uh oh.

Show 'em young Trey!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bruce-arians-rookie-qb-kyle-153357555.html

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Uh oh.

Show 'em young Trey!

uh oh with what?

He's surrounded by rookies and UDFAs right now. He should be the leader, same story at every rookie mini camp.

FWIW they literally said the same thing about Jarrett Stidham

Decision making? Like what color socks he wore?

This random 'source' from a 21 year old who has no sources. This guy just tweets out news that others report.

Jags: "Lawrence looks great."
Jets: "Wilson looks sharp."
49ers: "Lance shines."
Bears: "Fields impresses."
Patriots: crickets

The guy was upset that there is literally nothing being said about Mac's debut and made up his own news.
[ Edited by a49erfan77 on May 17, 2021 at 12:09 PM ]
Why is Mac Jones still a topic of some interest...I don't get it. We got Lance, whom I believe will be an amazing QB when his time comes.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Why is Mac Jones still a topic of some interest...I don't get it. We got Lance, whom I believe will be an amazing QB when his time comes.

Can't ignore 1000+ pages of anxiety. This is an iconic thread In WZ history lol.
Uh oh.

Show 'em young Trey!

Our issue with Jones(other than his past off field issues and being out of shape) is the stuff he doesn't have to deal with in Mini Camp. We already knew he was accurate and makes good decisions when there is no pressure.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Decision making? Like what color socks he wore?

This random 'source' from a 21 year old who has no sources. This guy just tweets out news that others report.

Jags: "Lawrence looks great."
Jets: "Wilson looks sharp."
49ers: "Lance shines."
Bears: "Fields impresses."
Patriots: crickets

The guy was upset that there is literally nothing being said about Mac's debut and made up his own news.

Yeah that guys sources is literally just repeating what Rapoport tweets
[ Edited by LilLeeroy on May 17, 2021 at 4:37 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone