There are 235 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Actually Mac Jones was at his best under pressure and on blitzes had a very high passer rating

ahhh where you getting that from?

BEST VS. BLITZ: MAC JONES
Not that there was really any other way to slow down Alabama's offense in 2020, but blitzing certainly didn't work. Jones led college football in every single statistical category when blitzed last season: yards (1,365), touchdowns (18), yards per attempt (11.4) and completion percentage (77.5%). Maybe most impressively, Jones was only sacked three times on 124 blitzed dropbacks.
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-superlatives-quarterbacks-trevor-lawrence-justin-fields-trey-lance-mac-jo

You said best under pressure as well....he was "pressured" only 18.9% of his total drop backs which is nothing.
Not that there was really any other way to slow down Alabama's offense in 2020, but blitzing certainly didn't work. Jones led college football in every single statistical category when blitzed last season: yards (1,365), touchdowns (18), yards per attempt (11.4) and completion percentage (77.5%). Maybe most impressively, Jones was only sacked three times on 124 blitzed dropbacks.
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-superlatives-quarterbacks-trevor-lawrence-justin-fields-trey-lance-mac-jo

A blitz does not equal pressure.

In the clip PFF gives with that analysis, the pressure from the blitz doesn't even get to him until about 4 seconds after the snap. lol
[ Edited by a49erfan77 on May 20, 2021 at 6:48 AM ]
Actually Mac Jones was at his best under pressure and on blitzes had a very high passer rating

ahhh where you getting that from?

You said best under pressure as well....he was "pressured" only 18.9% of his total drop backs which is nothing.

Amazing that the consensus best Oline in college football didn't allow blitzers to get home. Wow.
If he was starting, wish we were playing the Patriots in week 1 so Bosa could turn this doughboy into flatbread.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:

A blitz does not equal pressure.

In the clip PFF gives with that analysis, the pressure from the blitz doesn't even get to him until about 4 seconds after the snap. lol

Definitely helps to have an NFL O-line in college , and WRs that are wide open .
Can't wait to see this statue try and run for his life. Good luck kid, you ain't no Brady and the Pats aren't what they used to be. Good luck learning from Cam "shot put" Newton. He thinks it's funny how he has a dad bod and posts pics next to Brady. GTFOH. Try working out and at least take yourself seriously.
I'm rooting for this kid.
Originally posted by GoldenFortyNiner:
lol why
i'm rooting for almost every non-niner to fail
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by GoldenFortyNiner:
lol why

Because you always root for the fat one?

• 91til
  • Veteran
... it's way weirder to me that so many people seem to hate this kid but whatever
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Mac Jones: literally just existing

49er fans: CANt WAIT for this FAT a*****e to get f**king injured!!! f**k this guy!!!!!!
Originally posted by 91til:

49er fans: CANt WAIT for this FAT a*****e to get f**king injured!!! f**k this guy!!!!!!

Looks like people are still traumatized from the draft when most thought he would be the #3 pick.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
i'm rooting for almost every non-niner to fail

Same. Especially a patriot
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 91til:

It is really weird. People made it personal.

I don't understand the need to s**t on him. More telling about the posters state than anything else.
Share 49ersWebzone