There are 458 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by 91til:
... it's way weirder to me that so many people seem to hate this kid but whatever

Boredom. Waiting for something more important to focus on. OTAs, TC.

Still, Mac didn't help his lot by slighting the Niners; saying that he was so glad that the Niners didn't pick him because he really wanted the Patriots. Why say that, even if true? Just opens yourself up for criticism. He's got a bit of a cocky, arrogant way about him. If he was your QB, you might like that.

He's got some skills, though. More mobile than given credit for. He'd have done fine as a Niner. But not someone you'd move up for. Move back maybe.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
... it's way weirder to me that so many people seem to hate this kid but whatever

Still, Mac didn't help his lot by slighting the Niners; saying that he was so glad that the Niners didn't pick him because he really wanted the Patriots. Why say that, even if true? Just opens yourself up for criticism. He's got a bit of a cocky, arrogant way about him. If he was your QB, you might like that.

He's got some skills, though. More mobile than given credit for. He'd have done fine as a Niner. But not someone you'd move up for. Move back maybe.

Don't pretend that the kid didn't hear the noise coming from the fans that didn't want him.
Lol Patriots fans didn't want him either. He was, at best!, the 5th most desired QB for any fanbase that needed a QB. At worst, even lower than 5th
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Lol Patriots fans didn't want him either. He was, at best!, the 5th most desired QB for any fanbase that needed a QB. At worst, even lower than 5th

That's because Patriots fans are bandwagon fans who don't understand s**t. If your team doesn't move up in the draft you get stuck with the QB that falls to you. Of course they wanted Lawerence, Wilson, Lance, Fields over Jones. I bet they were happy with Jones at 15 though. The Niners were at 3 and the whole fan base was screaming no. You really think the Pats fan base was kicking and screaming no at 15? They jumped for joy, especially since they don't have to watch Cam shot put the ball anymore.
Originally posted by Howlett49:
That's because Patriots fans are bandwagon fans who don't understand s**t. If your team doesn't move up in the draft you get stuck with the QB that falls to you. Of course they wanted Lawerence, Wilson, Lance, Fields over Jones. I bet they were happy with Jones at 15 though. The Niners were at 3 and the whole fan base was screaming no. You really think the Pats fan base was kicking and screaming no at 15? They jumped for joy, especially since they don't have to watch Cam shot put the ball anymore.

When you draft a QB in the 1st round, and he's not a top 10 (which Mac won't be) it just sets you back. They needed to be bold & trade up for fields. They will regret that they didnt

Don't pretend that the kid didn't hear the noise coming from the fans that didn't want him.

I'm not pretending anything. You mean Mac was dismissive of the Niners and talked them down because the fanbase didn't want him? It's plausible.
I'm sure he's genuinely pleased to be with the Patriots. A well established organization with a rich history.
Still he does have a cocky/arrogant way about him, that may rub some the wrong way.

I haven't followed this thread, but from some comments made, you really liked this player? Do you think that he was worth moving up to #3 for? Just curious.

Looks to me like he would easily have proved an upgrade for the 49ers, but not someone you would commit all that draft capital for.

When you draft a QB in the 1st round, and he's not a top 10 (which Mac won't be) it just sets you back. They needed to be bold & trade up for fields. They will regret that they didnt

Only time will tell. I agree that once Fields was in striking range a trade up would have been ideal for the Pats. On the other hand, the fan base can hardly complain when they stayed at their draft position and didn't give up any compensation to take the best QB available at that spot. A position that they were in dire need of. If they complain that they got Mac and they didn't want him at that point they are clowns.

My point was that the noise coming from the 49er fan base was deafening. I know Mac Jones could hear it and he knew he wasn't wanted here. For him to say he's glad he didn't come here and he secretly wanted to go to the Pats is probably true. Why would he want to come here already hated? If the comment he made pisses 49ers fans off it really shouldn't. The kid was trying to chirp back a little and deservedly so. Why are all these fans butt hurt about a QB they didn't want not wanting them? Typical Webzone.

I'm not pretending anything. You mean Mac was dismissive of the Niners and talked them down because the fanbase didn't want him? It's plausible.
I'm sure he's genuinely pleased to be with the Patriots. A well established organization with a rich history.
Still he does have a cocky/arrogant way about him, that may rub some the wrong way.

I haven't followed this thread, but from some comments made, you really liked this player? Do you think that he was worth moving up to #3 for? Just curious.

Looks to me like he would easily have proved an upgrade for the 49ers, but not someone you would commit all that draft capital for.

I didn't necessarily mean you personally. It was more of a representation of how I feel about the people not understanding why he said that. To me it was obvious he heard the noise from 49er fans. So for people to act surprised when he claps back is funny to me.

I really liked him at 12. Mainly because I just wanted a new QB and I figured he was the most likely out of the 4 or 5 to be there. I definitely did not want Mac at 3. I was in the Fields camp.

I also didn't think Trey Lance would be in the top 10 and at one point thought he'd go even after Mac Jones. Jokes on me. Not to say I didn't like Lance. I just thought most teams would see him as more of a raw project and Jones would go higher. Shows how much I know.

Only time will tell. I agree that once Fields was in striking range a trade up would have been ideal for the Pats. On the other hand, the fan base can hardly complain when they stayed at their draft position and didn't give up any compensation to take the best QB available at that spot. A position that they were in dire need of. If they complain that they got Mac and they didn't want him at that point they are clowns.

My point was that the noise coming from the 49er fan base was deafening. I know Mac Jones could hear it and he knew he wasn't wanted here. For him to say he's glad he didn't come here and he secretly wanted to go to the Pats is probably true. Why would he want to come here already hated? If the comment he made pisses 49ers fans off it really shouldn't. The kid was trying to chirp back a little and deservedly so. Why are all these fans butt hurt about a QB they didn't want not wanting them? Typical Webzone.

I never knew who Mac Jones was until the f***ing rumors of Mac Jones to the 49ers started popping up two weeks before the draft. Also, the overhype of Mac Jones was getting kind of annoying so I guess the anger slipped out from the F***ING MEDIA, CHRIS SIMMS, AND I DON'T F***ING KNOW WHAT ADAM SCHEFTER IS HEARING AROUND THE LEAGUE THAT MAC JONES IS GOING TO THE 49ERS

I didn't necessarily mean you personally. It was more of a representation of how I feel about the people not understanding why he said that. To me it was obvious he heard the noise from 49er fans. So for people to act surprised when he claps back is funny to me.

I really liked him at 12. Mainly because I just wanted a new QB and I figured he was the most likely out of the 4 or 5 to be there. I definitely did not want Mac at 3. I was in the Fields camp.

I also didn't think Trey Lance would be in the top 10 and at one point thought he'd go even after Mac Jones. Jokes on me. Not to say I didn't like Lance. I just thought most teams would see him as more of a raw project and Jones would go higher. Shows how much I know.

What does anyone really know, H? Even the ones who are supposed to "know", more often than not, don't.
You may well prove prescient. Fields may well turn out to be the best of them all.
I don't spend hours studying film as some do and therefore have a deeper database to resort to. It's important to be able to decipher what one is looking at, though.

For me with the available choices, my preference was Lance, Fields and, probably, Jones. So I'm obviously happy. We'll see how the chips fall. As Lance does in the Bay, I think that Fields has an excellent opportunity in Chicago.

I havent seen or heard the actual quotes but what do you expect him to say? I'm bummed San Fran passed? I bet he was mad. Just like Fields. I honestly think both guys thought they were the pick. Nothing wrong with being mad.
And I think Mac was probably the second QB on BB's board. He's possibly the best pure pocket passer in the class and that's what he values. I doubt he would've taken Lance or Fields no matter where he was picking.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
lol why

The amount of unwarranted hate the guy got around here gives me no choice but to root for him. Unless of course he is playing the 49ers.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by GoldenFortyNiner:
I'm rooting for this kid.
lol why

Because of the irrational hate for him by most of this board.
Mac Jones is a regular hard working self-made guy who worked his ass off and had the best season statistically in the history of college football, yet you guys hate him. So I will root for him as a good humble dude, an underdog
Mac Jones: literally just existing

49er fans: CANt WAIT for this FAT a*****e to get f**king injured!!! f**k this guy!!!!!!

yes, hard to explain the irrational hate by the desk jockeys here
Originally posted by okdkid:
Mac Jones: literally just existing

49er fans: CANt WAIT for this FAT a*****e to get f**king injured!!! f**k this guy!!!!!!

It is really weird. People made it personal.

I don't understand the need to s**t on him. More telling about the posters state than anything else.

It's weird how our society has cultured just hateful young people ... too many video games or too much Netflix
Share 49ersWebzone