49ers bounce back from consecutive losses with decisive 30-13 win over Patriots →

There are 411 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Mac Jones will be who we expected him to be . A good QB but not elite. He will be the right choice for the Pats but not for us. And the reason being is he fell into the Pats lap and the other 4 QB's were taken. They didn't have to trade any draft capital for him. If we stayed at 12 and he fell to us he would be the right choice for us also. But because of what we traded, We needed a QB with a much higher ceiling. Majority of Pats fans will say they are thrilled with who their team chose but whether they admit it or not they wouldn't be thrilled if they traded multiple 1st RD picks for him and took him 3rd overall. They look at it as "Well he fell to us, We needed a franchise QB and the best guy left to take after Jones is Mond"
Originally posted by Heroism:

QBing.

I don't know if this was already posted or not but there's a quote in this article of what Kendrick Bourne thought of McCorkle.

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2021/05/mac-jones-has-an-unexpected-swag-says-patriots-wr-kendrick-bourne.html
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I don't know if this was already posted or not but there's a quote in this article of what Kendrick Bourne thought of McCorkle.

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2021/05/mac-jones-has-an-unexpected-swag-says-patriots-wr-kendrick-bourne.html

From that pic I see Mac still hasn't lost that belly fat.
Originally posted by JTB1974:

He'll need that belly fat in NE to keep his hands warm between plays.
Mac Jones will be who we expected him to be . A good QB but not elite. He will be the right choice for the Pats but not for us. And the reason being is he fell into the Pats lap and the other 4 QB's were taken. They didn't have to trade any draft capital for him. If we stayed at 12 and he fell to us he would be the right choice for us also. But because of what we traded, We needed a QB with a much higher ceiling. Majority of Pats fans will say they are thrilled with who their team chose but whether they admit it or not they wouldn't be thrilled if they traded multiple 1st RD picks for him and took him 3rd overall. They look at it as "Well he fell to us, We needed a franchise QB and the best guy left to take after Jones is Mond"

He could very well prove to be elite.
New England is fortunate that he fell to them. And he's lucky to be in NE. Great coaching staff, etc. If I were a Patriot fan, I'd be thrilled too.
I have a sneaky feeling that he's better off being in NE than he would have been in SF. For all his great scheming, KS hasn't shown that he's great at developing QBs, BB and his staff may actually do a better job at that.
But I agree with you: He might have been great for the Niners if the team had not traded up, but sacrificing what they did to move up, it had to be Lance IMO.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Jones will be good - but, Lance will be great.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
New England is fortunate that he fell to them. And he's lucky to be in NE. Great coaching staff, etc. If I were a Patriot fan, I'd be thrilled too.
I have a sneaky feeling that he's better off being in NE than he would have been in SF. For all his great scheming, KS hasn't shown that he's great at developing QBs, BB and his staff may actually do a better job at that.
But I agree with you: He might have been great for the Niners if the team had not traded up, but sacrificing what they did to move up, it had to be Lance IMO.

Lol what QBs have they developed??
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

Lol what QBs have they developed??

This. They haven't had a good QB since Bledsoe. That Tim Brazy guy was a huge bust.

Whale watching in New England

So worried about the dudes body. How about worrying about his game. He isn't dating you anytime soon.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
This. They haven't had a good QB since Bledsoe. That Tim Brazy guy was a huge bust.

QBs, as in multiple
Originally posted by wolfpack2192:
So worried about the dudes body. How about worrying about his game. He isn't dating you anytime soon.

I'd be concerned that a soon-to-be pro football player couldn't dedicate himself to getting into shape despite being around world class facilities/athletes
Originally posted by wolfpack2192:

I'd be concerned that a soon-to-be pro football player couldn't dedicate himself to getting into shape despite being around world class facilities/athletes

He wasn't in that Hot Boi Summer shape but he was in football shape. That is all that matters, especially on Sundays.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

QBs, as in multiple

Jimmy G.
Share 49ersWebzone