There are 217 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by NYniner85:
On Middlekauff's pod he said he's been hearing that the big thing out of NE camp with Jones is how small he is....accurate vs air not a live arm either.

Yeah, and this is where everything falls apart. As I said earlier, smarts will get you to a point and then the lack of physical ability is going to cap you. The league gobbles up smart but middling physical guys. It will continue to do so.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Lol...

Jimmy G?
Jacoby Brissett?
Matt Cassell?

All 3 of those guys had success with the Pats and and went on to be starters else where.

Just admit you were wrong and just sit this out

Oh they've developed backups. I thought we were talking legit starting QBs considering the context was Mac Jones & his future prognostications.

But yeah, pats are good at developing backup QB level talent.

I actually like Jimmy but I credit Kyle for his success

Brady - 6th rounder/HOF
JG - 2nd rounder/starting QB
JB - 3rd rounder/spot starter or bridge QB
MC - 7th rounder/spot starter or bridge QB

Considering what they have invested at QB, returns have been good. Mac is the first QB they have taken in round 1. You can move the goalposts but most coaches don't have some long list of great QBs they have developed.

This.

Its actually impressive what they've done with their QBs.

You look at teams who've had franchise QBs for a long time, you can't even name their backups that they drafted. Pats overall I think they've done the best job at developing QBs. What other coach has a track record of developing 3-4 decent to good QBs?

I think Kyle has also done a great job in that department with guys like Cousins and RG3 and somewhat Jimmy (even though it was more BB developing him). And now we will see with Lance...

Reid is another guy on a short list who's had multiple pro bowl QBs as well. Holmgreen as well, and of course Walsh. Point is, its rare and very hard, especially when you already have a franchise QB.
On Middlekauff's pod he said he's been hearing that the big thing out of NE camp with Jones is how small he is....accurate vs air not a live arm either.

Yeah, and this is where everything falls apart. As I said earlier, smarts will get you to a point and then the lack of physical ability is going to cap you. The league gobbles up smart but middling physical guys. It will continue to do so.

Truth

Truth

Players can get by on physical ability and the smart QBs can win a few games with their brain but to be great in the NFL you need to be both.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Truth

Players can get by on physical ability and the smart QBs can win a few games with their brain but to be great in the NFL you need to be both.

But Mac is athletic.?
Originally posted by Joecool:
But Mac is athletic.?

Yes. In the same way that professional bowlers are athletic.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
But Mac is athletic.?

But Mac is athletic.?

HA

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

NY reading that

So he looks better than a washed up Cam and Stidham? That's like saying Jimmy G is throwing better than Mullens and CJ.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

NY reading that

I could give two s**ts about Mac Jones. Thanks though....I've heard his size is an issue along with his noodle arm. He looks accurate vs air cool
So he looks better than a washed up Cam and Stidham? That's like saying Jimmy G is throwing better than Mullens and CJ.
i believe they have Hoyer on the squad also.. lol
I could give two s**ts about Mac Jones. Thanks though....I've heard his size is an issue along with his noodle arm. He looks accurate vs air cool

Yet you have more than twice as many posts as anyone else in the Mac Jones thread.

Yet you have more than twice as many posts as anyone else in the Mac Jones thread.

oooh s**t.
Share 49ersWebzone