There are 178 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

looks like cam newton got injured today and stidham was the best looking qb in pats camp. strange!

Originally posted by evil:

We do know the Saints tried to trade up. They came up short.

And the Pat's didn't have to settle but they chose let the draft come to them and took Jones. And we know they did homework on Fields and Jones as that too was reported. If they thought like most fans on here, they would have jumped up for Fields but they did not.

As i said, if the pats truly loved jones, they would not have chanced him getting away. Hence "It's clear they weren't worried about that and/or didn't care if it happened"
[ Edited by frenchmov on Jun 4, 2021 at 10:23 AM ]
Originally posted by frenchmov:
looks like cam newton got injured today and stidham was the best looking qb in pats camp. strange!

And the Pat's didn't have to settle but they chose let the draft come to them and took Jones. And we know they did homework on Fields and Jones as that too was reported. If they thought like most fans on here, they would have jumped up for Fields but they did not.

As i said, if the pats truly loved jones, they would not have chanced him getting away. Hence "It's clear they weren't worried about that and/or didn't care if it happened"

Cowherd just said Mac Jones was bad in pratice…who cares though. Not in SF thank god
Originally posted by NYniner85:
you're making it personal for whatever reason, so I'm defending myself. I mean how dare I lol…good lord who cares.

just bustin ur balls man

lets just all be happy we drafted trey

You said the Pat's had to settle, Justin Fields is proof they didn't. They had a choice and they chose to sit tight. You can move the goalposts all you like, doesn't change that the fact that they didn't have to, they chose to.

And who cares if Stidham had the best day. Mullens and CJB have had better days than JG in OTAs too. It does not mean anything.
Cowherd just said Mac Jones was bad in pratice…who cares though. Not in SF thank god

They must have had the first read covered.
After all the Mac at #3 reports, I don't get why people will believe these 'Saints tried to trade up for Mac' reports at face value.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
After all the Mac at #3 reports, I don't get why people will believe these 'Saints tried to trade up for Mac' reports at face value.

Seriously. Some of the same people reporting that we were going to take this loser at 3 are now saying that the Saints were trying to trade up for him... And people actually believe them!

Wow, we really missed out.
You said the Pat's had to settle, Justin Fields is proof they didn't. They had a choice and they chose to sit tight. You can move the goalposts all you like, doesn't change that the fact that they didn't have to, they chose to.

And who cares if Stidham had the best day. Mullens and CJB have had better days than JG in OTAs too. It does not mean anything.

There's no moving goal posts. They settled for the 5th best QB. If they thought he was better than 5th best, they would've moved up. If they thought that highly of him (a "cant miss!" prospect) they would have moved up. They didn't care if he was taken before 15 as they were going to settle for whoever was there (QB or otherwise). Contrast that with a team like the niners or bears, they knew the guy they wanted would not drop to where they were. They had to make the move to get a guy and not let him get away.

As for Stidham I don't care one way or another. You are right it ultimately means nothing, just as any praise mac got means nothing. It was just humorous that people were touting mac in 7 on 7/shorts throws but here we are. Not saying it isn't expected (trey doesn't look great right now either!) but seemed like they were going out of their way to hype him up.

Wait so are you trying to tell me that completing passes to WRs is harder when they aren't first round picks playing against DBs that won't make an NFL roster?

There's no moving goal posts. They settled for the 5th best QB. If they thought he was better than 5th best, they would've moved up. If they thought that highly of him (a "cant miss!" prospect) they would have moved up. They didn't care if he was taken before 15 as they were going to settle for whoever was there (QB or otherwise). Contrast that with a team like the niners or bears, they knew the guy they wanted would not drop to where they were. They had to make the move to get a guy and not let him get away.

As for Stidham I don't care one way or another. You are right it ultimately means nothing, just as any praise mac got means nothing. It was just humorous that people were touting mac in 7 on 7/shorts throws but here we are. Not saying it isn't expected (trey doesn't look great right now either!) but seemed like they were going out of their way to hype him up.

Letting the board come to them has nothing to do with whether they thought Mac was the 2nd best or 5th best in this class. They had their own strategy and their own philosophy and beliefs in how to attack this draft class and their own rankings.

Idk if Mac is going to be great or not, only time will tell. But some of you anti Mac guys just can't let go of hating on him and rooting against him for some strange reason. Over a month later and the mere mention of Mac and anything remotely positive still triggers some of you guys. I just don't understand.

Mac succeeding, just like all the other first round QBs in this class is good for the league overall. I hope they all become FQBs, because the more great QBs this league has, improves the chances of more great competitive football for fans like myself and others on Sundays.

Letting the board come to them has nothing to do with whether they thought Mac was the 2nd best or 5th best in this class. They had their own strategy and their own philosophy and beliefs in how to attack this draft class and their own rankings.

Idk if Mac is going to be great or not, only time will tell. But some of you anti Mac guys just can't let go of hating on him and rooting against him for some strange reason. Over a month later and the mere mention of Mac and anything remotely positive still triggers some of you guys. I just don't understand.

Mac succeeding, just like all the other first round QBs in this class is good for the league overall. I hope they all become FQBs, because the more great QBs this league has, improves the chances of more great competitive football for fans like myself and others on Sundays.

You don't let a QB you think highly of "come to you" because they don't last long (if they are highly regarded). Mac was not as highly regarded as the other 4.

Also this is a discussion board and we are discussing Mac Jones in a Mac Jones topic. I don't hate him, glad he's not a niner though. I hope the other 4 QBs are failures & Trey is a hall of famer. I only wish the best for us and no other team!

He plays for the Pats, So yes I am hoping he fails. The Non Patriot fans need a long break from the Patriots.

You don't let a QB you think highly of "come to you" because they don't last long (if they are highly regarded). Mac was not as highly regarded as the other 4.

Also this is a discussion board and we are discussing Mac Jones in a Mac Jones topic. I don't hate him, glad he's not a niner though. I hope the other 4 QBs are failures & Trey is a hall of famer. I only wish the best for us and no other team!

Belichick marches to the beat of his own drum.
Belichick marches to the beat of his own drum.

that's why the majority of the offensive players he drafts are failures i guess
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
you're making it personal for whatever reason, so I'm defending myself. I mean how dare I lol…good lord who cares.

just bustin ur balls man

lets just all be happy we drafted trey

Share 49ersWebzone