There are 121 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by 91til:
Do y'all feel better after looking for his missed throws and that same mug shot photo to post ? Lol

It does actually! Knowing the 49ers picked the better kid and thrower off the football warms the heart!
Originally posted by natrone06:
Do y'all feel better after looking for his missed throws and that same mug shot photo to post ? Lol

It does actually! Knowing the 49ers picked the better kid and thrower off the football warms the heart!

Yea, what's more weird to me are the people who still feel the need to post in defense of Mac Jones despite him not being a 49er
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by natrone06:

Yea, what's more weird to me are the people who still feel the need to post in defense of Mac Jones despite him not being a 49er

Okay... lol
Actually I'm reading the Patriot camp stories on Mac Jones and I shudder. What if 49ers drafted this guy and he looks like he looks in camp now lol? It would be a catastrophe.
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
Actually I'm reading the Patriot camp stories on Mac Jones and I shudder. What if 49ers drafted this guy and he looks like he looks in camp now lol? It would be a catastrophe.

That's what happens when teams let a goofball like Chris Simms dictate their draft boards.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I thought he was suppose to be looking good.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

That's what happens when teams let a goofball like Chris Simms dictate their draft boards.

There's an old saying that goes something like thi.

Those that can, do. Those that can't become speakers and writers.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

But Simms actually was an NFL QB? . The saying makes no sense in this context. How many of us even played QB at the HS level?
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

I heard the Pats aren't coddling him. They're throwing him into the deep end without a life raft and seeing how he responds.
It doesn't matter how much practice he gets or how well he knows the offense. Mac Jones doesn't have the physical skill to be an above average NFL QB. He can't consistently make throws in NFL windows.

Remember all that talk about Mac Jones being a perfect fit for Shannahan? Well, there's a reason that he wasn't even given serious consideration despite that. He's not very good.

Originally posted by boomer49er:
It doesn't matter how much practice he gets or how well he knows the offense. Mac Jones doesn't have the physical skill to be an above average NFL QB. He can't consistently make throws in NFL windows.

Remember all that talk about Mac Jones being a perfect fit for Shannahan? Well, there's a reason that he wasn't even given serious consideration despite that. He's not very good.

Shanny is trolling by saying he thinks it's hilarious that people actually thought he wanted Mac Jones at 3.

what I said all along
Originally posted by dhp318:

But Simms actually was an NFL QB? . The saying makes no sense in this context. How many of us even played QB at the HS level?

Phil Simms was a decent NFL QB. Not great but good enough to help the Giants win the SB. It wa sreally their defense that won but he was a lot loke JG. Good but not really great.

Chris Simms is the one that I'm talking about. He wasn't much of a player.
Phil Simms was a decent NFL QB. Not great but good enough to help the Giants win the SB. It wa sreally their defense that won but he was a lot loke JG. Good but not really great.

Chris Simms was STILL an NFL QB and almost died. Not sure what your point is or why you're still trying to defend it.
Originally posted by dhp318:

Phil Simms was a game manager with a historic D who just happened to play his best game ever in the Super Bowl

He was 22 of 25 and basically in the zone that athletes sometimes experience.

His legend is based mainly on that plus the fact he was in NY
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by boomer49er:

Shanny is trolling by saying he thinks it's hilarious that people actually thought he wanted Mac Jones at 3.

what I said all along

Everyone with a brain agreed with this. Only people who listened to Simms and/or overanalyzed the situation felt otherwise.
Share 49ersWebzone