There are 196 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Imagine Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields and Jones all starting Week 1...

really excited to see how mac's career develops, seeing as how people say pocket passers like him are a thing of the past.

It shouldn't be too hard to beat out cam for the starters Job for week 1.
It would be nice if all of them started as rookies. But really think that Wilson and Lawrence are sure starters there!
Originally posted by JPPT1974:
It would be nice if all of them started as rookies. But really think that Wilson and Lawrence are sure starters there!

I feel bad for Wilson. I liked him a lot but he has such a little shot at becoming a success there. It really helps that Gase was fired but that team has so little talent
Originally posted by theduke85:
I think most quarterbacks in the NFL can make most throws.

The difference is consistency. Russell Wilson can consistently hit deep passes. Jimmy Garoppolo can't. I'm sure you can find clips of Jimmy hitting receivers in stride on deep passes, but that doesn't mean he has a great deep ball.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by JPPT1974:

I feel bad for Wilson. I liked him a lot but he has such a little shot at becoming a success there. It really helps that Gase was fired but that team has so little talent
Supposedly Wilson looked bad in the Jets Green vs White scrimmage game today in front of the fans.Threw a couple of INTs. I am not sure how he has looked the rest of training camp so far. It will be sad if he is not ready , as they are now forced to start him week 1. Honestly, I think Wilson might have been a little rawer coming out of college then people seemed to think.
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Supposedly Wilson looked bad in the Jets Green vs White scrimmage game today in front of the fans.Threw a couple of INTs. I am not sure how he has looked the rest of training camp so far. It will be sad if he is not ready , as they are now forced to start him week 1. Honestly, I think Wilson might have been a little rawer coming out of college then people seemed to think.

It's pretty insane that the Jets have no veteran QB on their entire roster that could feasibly start games
[ Edited by dhp318 on Aug 7, 2021 at 11:27 PM ]

I looked it up. He was 11-24 for 112 yards with two INT's. His 7 drives led to 3 points. Two INT's and 4 punts.
Originally posted by JTB1974:

I looked it up. He was 11-24 for 112 yards with two INT's. His 7 drives led to 3 points. Two INT's and 4 punts.

Knowing Jets fans I imagine very shortly they will be booing him.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
really excited to see how mac's career develops, seeing as how people say pocket passers like him are a thing of the past.

Already seen this story. Just look up AJ McCarron's career.

he was a 5th round pick
  • All22
  • Veteran

Is Saleh's D that good?

Originally posted by All22:

Is Saleh's D that good?

You would need to ask his wife.

he was a 5th round pick

Yeah, Mac was a big reach.

he was a 5th round pick

Just an FWIW on how Mac in doing so far in camp, according to The Athletic

Throughout training camp, Jones is 33 of 68 (48.5 percent) with one interception in 11-on-11s against the starting defense

Doesn't mean much but he hasn't been a baller like some in here said he would be out the gate, but time will tell. Usually best to wait 3 years with rookies.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Throughout training camp, Jones is 33 of 68 (48.5 percent) with one interception in 11-on-11s against the starting defense

Doesn't mean much but he hasn't been a baller like some in here said he would be out the gate, but time will tell. Usually best to wait 3 years with rookies.

Unfortunately for the Patriots, Cam hasn't been much better...

43 of 78 (55.1 percent) with two interceptions in 11-on-11s against the starting defense.
[ Edited by a49erfan77 on Aug 10, 2021 at 7:18 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Unfortunately for the Patriots, Cam hasn't been much better...

43 of 78 (55.1 percent) with two interceptions in 11-on-11s against the starting defense.

They both stink lol. JK whatever not my team
Share 49ersWebzone